District 11A

thenomad

CullyRep, I don't talk on here because everything I say gets blown out of proportion. Richland has a great opportunity. This is the first championship game for the boys since I was in school.

GO RAIDERS!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

everybody's comments get blown out of proportion....thats how we roll on here.....you think anybody on your richland squad can stop the twins?

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richland won by 9 or so. Culleoka beat Cornersville by 21. Stiles' actions toward the end of the game were totally uncalled for and he should have been ejected without any questions asked (for those that were there you know what I'm talking about). As far as Stephens' suspension, not sure if it was school adminstration or county administration that gave him the extra game, but it wasn't the TSSAA.

could not actually comprehend the actions of stiles. could not believe he didn't receive techs at the least, much less not being ejected from the game. once was unbelievable enough, but twice was not coincidental. it was pitiful.

Well, what stirred Cully fans up was the fact that it was the second time he had thrown the ball hard at C.J. I realize it's part of the game, but it was ironic that he threw it that hard and at his face for the second time. I believe the first one hit C.J. in the arm. I applaud Cornersville's coach for taking #31 out of the game after it happened.

right, the first one hit him in the upper arm/chest. it was an unbelievably hard thrown ball. second time, which happened at the opposite end of the court, it was totally uncalled for. thrown incredibly hard directly into cj's face. i think the emotion of the game took over him for a minute (stiles). unbelievable that a call was not made..especially since it was the 2nd time involving the same two players. cj handled it with nothing but good sportsmanship as usual.

well if he throws it at his knee he could easily cause it to hyperextend, and he'll tear an ACL. but like i said its rather hard to aim, you have a split second to turn around in the air and throw it. im sure he wasnt aiming for his face.

i'm sure since you left at half time, that you aren't sure about anything you are saying.

believe me, it was hard for us to believe the 2nd one happened like it did too. BUT we were there and we saw it.

i'm sure since you left at half time, that you aren't sure about anything you are saying.

believe me, it was hard for us to believe the 2nd one happened like it did too. BUT we were there and we saw it.

im not saying i dont believe you. but culleoka fans have been known to overexagerate when it is done to your players. and down play it like nothing should have happened when it goes against one of your players.

im not saying i dont believe you. but culleoka fans have been known to overexagerate when it is done to your players. and down play it like nothing should have happened when it goes against one of your players.

don't clump us all in one catagory. not all culleoka fans overexagerate and not all of us downplay things that go against our players. i think if you had been there and seen these two plays, you'd be really surprised. but let's not go there..it happened and it's over. and thankfully nobody was hurt.

don't clump us all in one catagory. not all culleoka fans overexagerate and not all of us downplay things that go against our players. i think if you had been there and seen these two plays, you'd be really surprised. but let's not go there..it happened and it's over. and thankfully nobody was hurt.

predictions for tuesday anyone?

I was glad to see him hustle but to hit a kid in the face is awful. I understand everyone's concern; however, the officials cannot stop play unless it is stopped or stalled. Unfortunately for Culleoka, Cornersville was still attacking the rim. Play continued. I am glad to see CJ was not seriously injured. Was it cheap? Maybe. Was it in the heat of the game? Yes. Was he going out of bounds? Yes. Could he have thrown at feet? Possibly. The true question is: When is a lead safe? Culleoka is up 20+, both teams have starters in. Who should sub first? If Culleoka subs and Cornersville doesn't, Cornersville may get back into the game by playing the JV. Who knows!

We are looking at some exciting basketball for the next few weeks!!

As for region:

Cornersville/CA will play at Summertown/Collinwood in the first round. 2-28

Culleoka/Richland will play Wayne Co./Perry Co. at home. 2-28

Not to drag this thing on any further but...

- to say that the Stiles came to the floor and turned to throw the ball back at CJ is ridiculous -- he was clearly still airborne...

- the fact that the same players were involved is a non-issue due to the fact both instances were on the Cornersville offensive end and CJ was guarding Stiles man-toman so he SHOULD have been the closest Cully player so therefore the most logical target.

- and if Stiles was quick thinking enough to throw the ball at his head, he wuld have been smart enough to know that the way CJ ws shooting the ball he was the LAST player he wanted out of the game.

Not to drag this thing on any further but...

- to say that the Stiles came to the floor and turned to throw the ball back at CJ is ridiculous -- he was clearly still airborne...

- the fact that the same players were involved is a non-issue due to the fact both instances were on the Cornersville offensive end and CJ was guarding Stiles man-toman so he SHOULD have been the closest Cully player so therefore the most logical target.

- and if Stiles was quick thinking enough to throw the ball at his head, he wuld have been smart enough to know that the way CJ ws shooting the ball he was the LAST player he wanted out of the game.

Totally agree with you, Ballhawg!