District 11A

thenomad

your exactly right, when your down 20 points you should completely give up... idk how many balls you've tried to run out of bounds and save, but when you go to throw it at another player you dont really aim, so to say he was "trying" to hit him in the face is rediculous.

I'm not saying that you should stop playing hard late in the a blowout game (or anything anywhere close to that) ,but you should have enough respect for a fellow senior to make sure that you don't overhand a ball at his face from a few feet away, no matter how frustrated you are or how bad your team is getting beat. Sure throw it at his feet or knee...just not the face.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if he throws it at his knee he could easily cause it to hyperextend, and he'll tear an ACL. but like i said its rather hard to aim, you have a split second to turn around in the air and throw it. im sure he wasnt aiming for his face.

Monkey why can't you get this???? The 2nd time he was not in the air. He landed, turned around, and beemed him in the face!!!! Heck, even Nomad thought it was wrong!!! Why can't you just accept it was a bad decision probably brought on by frustation...... or would you just rather pick at cully fans??? You were not even at the game when it happened.

So once again you say CA was not ready to play.......They better get ready cause they are running out of games!!!!!

Monkey why can't you get this???? The 2nd time he was not in the air. He landed, turned around, and beemed him in the face!!!! Heck, even Nomad thought it was wrong!!! Why can't you just accept it was a bad decision probably brought on by frustation...... or would you just rather pick at cully fans??? You were not even at the game when it happened.

So once again you say CA was not ready to play.......They better get ready cause they are running out of games!!!!!

well, i would rather pick at cully fans...but i didnt know that he was on the ground...that was gonna be my next question, im pretty sure no one has said he was on the ground...

and yes CA better get to play, im pretty sure they knew they didnt play well. and hopefully they'll play better tuesday.

THANK YOU!!!

well, i would rather pick at cully fans...but i didnt know that he was on the ground...that was gonna be my next question, im pretty sure no one has said he was on the ground...

and yes CA better get to play, im pretty sure they knew they didnt play well. and hopefully they'll play better tuesday.

Wrench, post # 667 and 669. You replied to both of them. But whatever, nobody got hurt or ejected. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Wrench, post # 667 and 669. You replied to both of them. But whatever, nobody got hurt or ejected. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

i dont read /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

and i didnt know if you were being exagerating or not. because the cornersville people seemed to say its was a completely clean play. and culleoka peopla seem to exagerate a lot.(although i know your not a cully person)

and i didnt know if you were being exagerating or not. because the cornersville people seemed to say its was a completely clean play. and culleoka peopla seem to exagerate a lot.(although i know your not a cully person)

I do believe the only person that said it was clean was somebody who is out of town on business, but whatever it's over and done with. Just thankful that Cj dosen't have a broken nose or anything of that nature. Looking foward to both games on tuesday night. Should be some good basketball. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I was there, and sitting in plain view. The ball was thrown in at CJ's face. He fell on the floor and the game continued around him. The refs never even acknowledged the kid was down on the floor. The parents near him and the coach got up and finally people moved onto the floor to help him. CJ isn't a whiny kid- I know him well. He took a hard blow to the face and was totally ignored.

I was there, and sitting in plain view. The ball was thrown in at CJ's face. He fell on the floor and the game continued around him. The refs never even acknowledged the kid was down on the floor. The parents near him and the coach got up and finally people moved onto the floor to help him. CJ isn't a whiny kid- I know him well. He took a hard blow to the face and was totally ignored.

so did the ball get saved? off his face? or was it out of bounds.

I was glad to see him hustle but to hit a kid in the face is awful. I understand everyone's concern; however, the officials cannot stop play unless it is stopped or stalled. Unfortunately for Culleoka, Cornersville was still attacking the rim. Play continued. I am glad to see CJ was not seriously injured. Was it cheap? Maybe. Was it in the heat of the game? Yes. Was he going out of bounds? Yes. Could he have thrown at feet? Possibly. The true question is: When is a lead safe? Culleoka is up 20+, both teams have starters in. Who should sub first? If Culleoka subs and Cornersville doesn't, Cornersville may get back into the game by playing the JV. Who knows!

We are looking at some exciting basketball for the next few weeks!!

As for region:

Cornersville/CA will play at Summertown/Collinwood in the first round. 2-28

Culleoka/Richland will play Wayne Co./Perry Co. at home. 2-28