District 11A

thenomad

Wow, who cursed out a ref???? This is the first I have heard of this.

i think that was a hypothetical thing.

But i have now changed my mind. i side with culleoka on the him throwing the ball at the face of cj. because im pretty sure he tried to throw the ball off Alex Rectors face tonight. Alex just had quick enough reflexes to deny it. CA came out and played terrible, was down like 16 points at the end of the first quarter. and was down about the same with about 6 minutes left. it was like 24-8 or maybe a little more at one point. and at the end of the second quarter CA was leading like 36-29. CA came out firing on all cylinders 2nd half and williams really pick it up(he had something like 28 points) CA ended up winning like 78-63 maybe? it was a bit worse than that until some younger players came in.

now the culleoka game was well really boring for the longest time. it was like 9-5 at the end of the first quarter. and thats about as close as it got. i ended up leaving at the middle of the 3rd quarter when culleoka got up to like 18-20 point lead. so i have no idea on the final score. richland missed alot of easy shots that they should have made. specially on the boards, for a while it seems like they actually got a good layup chance, and ended up blowing it by putting to much on it. i guess culleoka struck a bit of fear in them. rather than that i have no idea what the final was.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

culleoka won district without there best player , no1 rly came within 15 , wow and i still see people talkin bad.... come on be serious.

Without their best player? I do believe Chad played tonight... So unless they have another best player then i don't know what you are talking about.

But none the less, congrats to Cully on dominating the district this year. It was nice to see the CA team show up that I had been expecting over the past few games. I was impressed that Richland was able to keep it so close throughout the whole first qtr.

CA scored 31 points in the 2nd quarter after only scoring 8 in the 1st. What a turn around. Pretty much took over the game from there. At one time they had a 27 point lead. The game got a little sloppy in the end. Congrats to CA on 3rd place. CA played much better tonight than Friday night. Hopefully this will caring over to Saturday night.

Williams had 30 points.

Williams also got All-District Team and District 11A Player of the Year for the season.

Whiteside joined him on the All-District Team. Morgan and Rector received Honorable Mention.

Williams and Whiteside made the all tournament team. Who else?

But i have now changed my mind. i side with culleoka on the him throwing the ball at the face of cj. because I'm pretty sure he tried to throw the ball off Alex Rectors face tonight. Alex just had quick enough reflexes to deny it. CA came out and played terrible, was down like 16 points at the end of the first quarter. and was down about the same with about 6 minutes left. it was like 24-8 or maybe a little more at one point. and at the end of the second quarter CA was leading like 36-29. CA came out firing on all cylinders ND half and williams really pick it up(he had something like 28 points) CA ended up winning like 78-63 maybe? it was a bit worse than that until some younger players came in.

now the culleoka game was well really boring for the longest time. it was like 9-5 at the end of the first quarter. and thats about as close as it got. i ended up leaving at the middle of the 3rd quarter when culleoka got up to like 18-20 point lead. so i have no idea on the final score. richland missed alot of easy shots that they should have made. specially on the boards, for a while it seems like they actually got a good layup chance, and ended up blowing it by putting to much on it. i guess culleoka struck a bit of fear in them. rather than that i have no idea what the final was.

Wrench.... it was a hustle play, right? If he had thrown it at his knee it would have torn an ACL, there is no way he had time to try and hit someone in the face, CA fans over-reacting again, etc...does this sound familiar to you Wrench? It is amazing what you think when you see it.

Just having some fun with you after you were so sure it could not have happened against Cully.

Games went pretty much as most people thought, it was good to see CJ and Blayze going at it tonight. They were smiling and laughing at each other while playing really hard ball. That is the way it should be!!!

Good luck to all /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Congrats to the WARRIORS! Ya'll played a good game tonight against Richland. Richland wanted it bad, you could tell but it just didn't happen. I loved seeing CJ and Blayze having so much fun toward the end of the game. They were actually laughing and having a good time. #4 and #15 are great sports on Richland's team and they never give up.

Monkeywrench, I did notice when Stiles threw the ball toward Rector's face. Glad you could see what we were trying to describe when everyone else was so sure it wouldn't happen.

Congratulations to all of the players making the all district team and the all tournament team. Congratulations to Matthew Williams for getting district 11A player of the year. And congratulations to Coach Bruce Slatten for receiving coach of the year.

First of all i am not a cully fan. It was terrible that cully only had 2 players on the all tournament team. Whoever picks those did some of the kids from cully a terrible injustice. 2 players out of 12 maybe people think they have no talent and slatten is working wonders to win all of the games. Good luck in the region to all teams. Dis sante fe deserve 2 players on the team?

But i have now changed my mind. i side with culleoka on the him throwing the ball at the face of cj. because im pretty sure he tried to throw the ball off Alex Rectors face tonight. Alex just had quick enough reflexes to deny it. CA came out and played terrible, was down like 16 points at the end of the first quarter. and was down about the same with about 6 minutes left. it was like 24-8 or maybe a little more at one point. and at the end of the second quarter CA was leading like 36-29. CA came out firing on all cylinders 2nd half and williams really pick it up(he had something like 28 points) CA ended up winning like 78-63 maybe? it was a bit worse than that until some younger players came in.

Please tell me when Garrett "tried to throw the ball off Alex Rector's face". I must have missed that!

Please tell me when Garrett "tried to throw the ball off Alex Rector's face". I must have missed that!

I think the real question should be, why didn't they try to get the ball into the hands of Stiles or Darnell when CA started pressing. It looked like they were down under the basket and CA was killing the smaller guys with the press!! I was amazed as I watched the lead shrink. Also, it looked like Stiles did a good job on Williams in the 1st, but oncen he got going he never stopped!!

Good luck to all /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />