District 11A

thenomad

Please tell me when Garrett "tried to throw the ball off Alex Rector's face". I must have missed that!

2nd quarter. around 6 minute mark if you really wanna know when.

knowitall--my comment was halfway sarcasm and halfway truth. i was not worried about his well being on that play. maybe just has a knack for aiming for faces?!

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all i am not a cully fan. It was terrible that cully only had 2 players on the all tournament team. Whoever picks those did some of the kids from cully a terrible injustice. 2 players out of 12 maybe people think they have no talent and slatten is working wonders to win all of the games. Good luck in the region to all teams. Dis sante fe deserve 2 players on the team?

Congratulations to Matthew Williams for winning player of the year for the district. He is a very good player and is always working the court! Also, to Antwane Beach, big congrats on tourney MVP! And to all those players who were not recognized on either district or tournament teams- these guys could not have been recognized without you! You work hard and the fans, coaches, and schools appreciate you more than you know! Keep up the good work! (Oh, yeah, go B.S.! Culleoka is proud of you, too!)

2nd quarter. around 6 minute mark if you really wanna know when.

knowitall--my comment was halfway sarcasm and halfway truth. i was not worried about his well being on that play. maybe just has a knack for aiming for faces?!

Was that when Garrett was knocked out of bounds along the CA bench??? If so, I don't think Garrett tried to hit him in the face and I'm pretty sure the Rector kid said "good hustle man" to Garrett. But whatever, it's over and done with. Garrett's a good kid and basketball player so why don't everybody lay off the trash talking, booing, etc. Thanks and good luck to all District 11A teams!

Garrett is a good player and never talks trash on the court i know from experince. Now for the tournement team cj holt got ripped more than anyone else i have ever seen he plays the best defense out of anyone in the district and has been for four years. Yes he isn't a scorer but that isn't what the all tournement team is about its about good players and when a team that has dominated the district tournement and regular season like culleoka has the desrve more players than a richland and don't deserve the same amount as a team that went one and out. That is what i think about that all three players from richland that were on that team are good but i don't think they are better than any of the 5 cully starts.

Garrett is a good player and never talks trash on the court i know from experince. Now for the tournement team cj holt got ripped more than anyone else i have ever seen he plays the best defense out of anyone in the district and has been for four years. Yes he isn't a scorer but that isn't what the all tournement team is about its about good players and when a team that has dominated the district tournement and regular season like culleoka has the desrve more players than a richland and don't deserve the same amount as a team that went one and out. That is what i think about that all three players from richland that were on that team are good but i don't think they are better than any of the 5 cully starts.

i don't think anyone has ever said that he does talk trash on the court.

i don't think anyone has ever said that he does talk trash on the court.

I guess Garrett just sits in the locker room before every game and just dreams about hitting someone in the face with the ball! You people need to get a grip!!!! I suppose all of you would think the same about an inadvertant elbow while coming down with a rebound? Ive seen Garret make this play more than i can count and he always throws it hard enough to make sure that it hits the other player and goes out of bounds. If you ask me it's a pretty heads up play. Its a part of the game so deal with it. I know Garret is sorry for hitting CJ in the face with the ball so i guess that tells you that he didn't do it on purpose.

I guess Garrett just sits in the locker room before every game and just dreams about hitting someone in the face with the ball! You people need to get a grip!!!! I suppose all of you would think the same about an inadvertant elbow while coming down with a rebound? Ive seen Garret make this play more than i can count and he always throws it hard enough to make sure that it hits the other player and goes out of bounds. If you ask me it's a pretty heads up play. Its a part of the game so deal with it. I know Garret is sorry for hitting CJ in the face with the ball so i guess that tells you that he didn't do it on purpose.

im sorry i brought the subject up again. its just after i defend him, and it comes out and basically does the same thing to one of our players, it just seemed a bit fishy. was it on purpose? probably not. if it is on purpose he basically has the reaction time of a fierce cheetah roaming africa. but what tis done tis done. lets all move on.

GO DISTRICT 11!

im sorry i brought the subject up again. its just after i defend him, and it comes out and basically does the same thing to one of our players, it just seemed a bit fishy. was it on purpose? probably not. if it is on purpose he basically has the reaction time of a fierce cheetah roaming africa. but what tis done tis done. lets all move on.

GO DISTRICT 11!

Funny post. good luck to all 11A teams in region!

GET OVER ALREADY!! We all have our opinion. It won't change. Let's talk Region now. This may turn out to be one of the best Region tournaments in a long time. Every team in it has a chance to win it. I don't think Culleoka is going to waltz through this time. I think that all 8 teams have a legit shot at winning. The #4 seed upset the #2 seed in district 12A. Culleoka will have to get passed a young, hungry Perry Co. team then a high scoring Summertown team, if they can get passed a pesky CA team. That is just one side of the bracket. Collinwood is the favorite but I think Cornersville presents a few matchup problems if the guards can just handle the rock. Richland will play Wayne Co in which both teams may hit 10-15 3s. I just can't really pick who wins what.

Any predictions and explanations why?

Cully/PC................Cully by 10

R'land/WC.............R'land by 5

S'town/CA.............S'town by 10

C'wood/C'ville.........C'wood by 6