District 11A

thenomad

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The district season starts up tonight with a full slate. Moore Co. v Richland, Huntland v. Cornersville, Sante Fe v. C.A.

Who do ya got??

Moore Co. in a game closer than expected, Cornersville by 20+, and Santa Fe in another game closer than expected.

No real surprises I suppose. Moore County over Richland not a barn burner and not a run away game either. Winning by 13 is a good win and they were never behind. They played a good ballgame. Heard Cornersville scraped by Huntland. I was surprised when I looked at the 5 point win. Whew! Does anyone know if they were just shooting cold or in foul trouble or just more evenly matched than expected? I was surprised that Santa Fe and CA was not closer. Can't wait for the next district match ups. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No real surprises I suppose. Moore County over Richland not a barn burner and not a run away game either. Winning by 13 is a good win and they were never behind. They played a good ballgame. Heard Cornersville scraped by Huntland. I was surprised when I looked at the 5 point win. Whew! Does anyone know if they were just shooting cold or in foul trouble or just more evenly matched than expected? I was surprised that Santa Fe and CA was not closer. Can't wait for the next district match ups. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I agree about the M.C./Richland game. I have no idea about the Huntland/Cornersville game, but I didn't expect it to be that close. I do know it was at Huntland which is a tough place to play. Not surprised by the Santa Fe score. They lost alot but still have good players working together. Culleoka may be the odd team out of this competitive district. They were drilled by Hume Fogg.

It was pretty evenly matched. Huntland shot the ball well from outside the first half. Came out cold in the third quarter or they probably would have pulled it out. It was tied with about 1 minute to go. Cornersville went up by three and then scored agian right at the buzzer to make it a 5 point game. Huntland girls are better than what people think. The 8th grade point guard has made a tremendous difference.

Cornersville was short handed last night with one starter ill. Coach Landers was not going to play Haley Fagan at all but when they fell behind in the 2nd quarter Coach Landers had to put Fagan in to give Makenzie Hopkins some rest. Fagan played about 3 minutes total in the game and only when Hopkins needed a little break. It proved to be enough. Hopkins was awesome last night. Huntland did most of their damage with Sullinger on the bench in foul trouble. The 8th grader Owens for Huntland got hot and hit 4 three pointers in the second period. Nelms was big for Cornersville down the stretch. District 11A BEWARE! Huntland is much improved!

With Cornersville slated to play Santa Fe, this is a game that will test Cornersville if they don't play well. Cornersville should be the favorite, but expect Santa Fe to keep it close. Cornersville by 8 with FTs late. Everyone is hyping Huntland. I agree that they are better than I expected. They will see how far they have come against Richland. I pick Richland by 7. Then the laugher of the week is Moore Co. v Culleoka. If Moore Co. doesn't win by 20 or 30 this will be a shock. Culleoka has no scoring threats, no ball handlers, and no desire to win.