District 11A

thenomad

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad Moore County and Cornersville faced off again. It was worth the price of admission and then some. No better teams to match up in a district championship and both teams played like champs tonight. It took two overtimes to decide the game. Teams, coaches and fans showed up and were in it from the tip-off. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Moore County came on strong with amazing defense and multiple steals in the first half. True to form you can never count Cornersville out of the game. The Raiderettes kept digging and pulled it out. A true team effort. Starting five or subs...didn't matter. They all were ready to hit the floor and were real contributors. Good teamwork Moore County. Unbelievable foul shot percentage for Cornersville tonight. Just a great game to watch! Good job Baby Blue! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> congrats

What an outstanding game!! I don't believe that Cornersville was allowed back in the game by the officials. Yes there were some questionable calls, but I don't think any that were just ridiculous. #10 from Cornersville knocked down two pressure packed FTs at the end of regulation. She showed great poise. Nelms had a quite 20+ scoring night. I overheard a few of the district coaches last night talking about #10 getting the vote for MVP. I believe the true MVP received the award. Vann, #30 from MC, played a heck of a ballgame. She hit 2 big threes, grabbed critical rebounds, and knocked down big free throws.

This was possibly one of the best championship games I have seen. I hope the boys' games tonight are this exciting!!

Please dont diminish the greatness of this game by bringing the officials into it. There is always questionable calls in every game. This is no doubt the best championship game in this district in a while.. The coaching was outstanding on both sides and there was tremendous heart shown by both teams. Congratulations to both teams there really was not a "loser" in this game. Good luck to both teams in the region.

What an outstanding game!! I don't believe that Cornersville was allowed back in the game by the officials. Yes there were some questionable calls, but I don't think any that were just ridiculous. #10 from Cornersville knocked down two pressure packed FTs at the end of regulation. She showed great poise. Nelms had a quite 20+ scoring night. I overheard a few of the district coaches last night talking about #10 getting the vote for MVP. I believe the true MVP received the award. Vann, #30 from MC, played a heck of a ballgame. She hit 2 big threes, grabbed critical rebounds, and knocked down big free throws.

This was possibly one of the best championship games I have seen. I hope the boys' games tonight are this exciting!!

#10 for Cornersville is Sophomore Haley Fagan.

Congrats to Cornersville's Regular Season All District Team

Sr. Morgan Carroll - Sr. Sarah King - Jr. Sara Nelms - So. Haley Fagan - Fr. Makenzie Hopkins

Sara Nelms District 11A Player of the Year

District 11A All Tournament Team

King - Nelms - Fagan - Hopkins

Proud of you Ladies!

Good Luck Friday Night!

Always the officials...why don't some of you just go ahead and post your "the refs cost us the game comments" before the game and save yourseves some time....

Cornersville hit there Free Throws thats all them. But how do you call a holding Foul when there is 4 girls on the court 2 from each team with NO time remaining. But Cornersville knocked em down. Officials make mistakes but we just ask for consistancy not Physical on one end of the court and Toucy on the other, one or the other not BOTH.

Congrats to Heather Van and Amber Howell for hitting big Free Throws at the end.

Overall I thought the officials didn't do a bad job in the CHS/MCHS game. Even though I thought the charge call against Fagan late in the 2nd overtime was questionable and was the final turning point in the game. Over my lifetime (46 yrs) I have coached, played, and officiated this game, and I can say without hesitation that the worse officiated game I have ever seen was the D11A Semifinal game between Cornersville & Richland last week. Those three guys were TERRIBLE! I usually never listen to critism of an official unless it is coming from another official, nor do I listen to critism of coaching unless it is from another coach, they usually don't critize each other unless the situtation is pretty bad.

Overall I thought the officials didn't do a bad job in the CHS/MCHS game. Even though I thought the charge call against Fagan late in the 2nd overtime was questionable and was the final turning point in the game. Over my lifetime (46 yrs) I have coached, played, and officiated this game, and I can say without hesitation that the worse officiated game I have ever seen was the D11A Semifinal game between Cornersville & Richland last week. Those three guys were TERRIBLE! I usually never listen to critism of an official unless it is coming from another official, nor do I listen to critism of coaching unless it is from another coach, they usually don't critize each other unless the situtation is pretty bad.

Your right on the charge she may have got there a lil late (earlier in the 2nd OT there where 2 blocking fouls called were they were there alot sooner and it went the other way) i think that was from us being right there in his ear telling them that the girls should control the game NOT the refs. Like I said before Refs make mistakes just be consistant and nothing will be said. And when a girl changes her pivot foot isn't that considered a travel?

All in all Cornersville and MC played great alot of respect is due to Cornersville they played there heart out along with MC.

With Sante Fe getting healthy D11a could go along way in Region play GOOD LOOKE TO ALL!!!