Hampton VS The Grace Christian Academy

paradox

Hey Pujo, I hope you know by now I will tell you straight if i have the facts, well when it comes to Hester I do. His kids enrolled in school and completed spring practice before there was ever any talk of him coaching. He is more than qualified to do the job and does not work at the school or church he and his wife own a business and spend most of their time running it. And on a personal note I have been aquainted with these good folks for over six years and i assure you there's no monkey business where this family is concerned.

Well Diddler I've asked this several times, can't get an awnser.How many of Grace's starters habve been there since their freahman year. I can name several that hasen't and I'm sure there are more than I wouldn't know about. Its basically all of Grace's best players. Away to many for my liking. The one I know of are ,The 2 Hesters ,Williams ,Powell and Little. I'm sure you could name several more. Just not too fair in my way of seeing things.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said a few weeks ago that Unaka's left tackle and end whipped us in the line and this week it was WG's right guard and tackle. They made huge holes for Ward to run through and he was hitting them hard. JC touched on it even said the line play was awful. I saw Grace this year at Unaka and they are fast. We can't excuse the fact that they led Unaka 43-0 at the half and we we up 14-3 and only because we scored late. I thought we played good against Johnson County but the last few games has left me wondering if we can't finish in the top two. We were lucky to be in the game with WG. DR return for a touchdown kept us in it. I believe we can beat Grace but some of the post by PUJO on this message board isn't helping matters. The kids are feeling the pressure that they must play like teams of the past. Let me tell you, this team is not as good as those past Hampton teams, not even close.

If bad language was used, I don't condone that and neither does a lot of other Bulldog parents and fans. As for the GC transfers lets just let it be. We have one that has made us a better team and if more came we would take them. You know PUJO like the old days when Mike was at Cloudland when they flocked in from Avery County.

I said a few weeks ago that Unaka's left tackle and end whipped us in the line and this week it was WG's right guard and tackle. They made huge holes for Ward to run through and he was hitting them hard. JC touched on it even said the line play was awful. I saw Grace this year at Unaka and they are fast. We can't excuse the fact that they led Unaka 43-0 at the half and we we up 14-3 and only because we scored late. I thought we played good against Johnson County but the last few games has left me wondering if we can't finish in the top two. We were lucky to be in the game with WG. DR return for a touchdown kept us in it. I believe we can beat Grace but some of the post by PUJO on this message board isn't helping matters. The kids are feeling the pressure that they must play like teams of the past. Let me tell you, this team is not as good as those past Hampton teams, not even close.

If bad language was used, I don't condone that and neither does a lot of other Bulldog parents and fans. As for the GC transfers lets just let it be. We have one that has made us a better team and if more came we would take them. You know PUJO like the old days when Mike was at Cloudland when they flocked in from Avery County.

Anyone will take transfers if they come, little 1a public schools don't get them like grapes, in bunches. I'm not big on the cussing either,but it happens at many highschools, not just Hampton. I don't know what I've said that could hurt Hampton's chances. I think they will win. This team has potential to be ptretty good, They just need to man up and know their assignments, It takes 11 men giving it their all and knowing what there supposed to do .In the end ,I'll be pulling for them every game ,win or lose.

I think they will win. This team has potential to be ptretty good, They just need to man up and know their assignments, It takes 11 men giving it their all and knowing what there supposed to do .In the end

i agree with ya on all these remarks in your post pujo and i hope to see ya tonight when we go up to your guys house for the JV game we are gonna make the trek up there and support our younger guys and im not even gonna make any predictions who will win but it will should be a pretty good game anyways hope to see ya up there and you guys at Hampton do like pujo says here and all 11 give their all you guys should beat the grace christian guys ya'll play good ball....skilled players

Well Diddler I've asked this several times, can't get an awnser.How many of Grace's starters habve been there since their freahman year. I can name several that hasen't and I'm sure there are more than I wouldn't know about. Its basically all of Grace's best players. Away to many for my liking. The one I know of are ,The 2 Hesters ,Williams ,Powell and Little. I'm sure you could name several more. Just not too fair in my way of seeing things.

Without getting into everyone's background (I just dont think its my business to tell others stories) I think there are 5 but not all those guys start both ways and most came to Grace as Sophomores. Williams I am quite sure was there as a Freshman and the youngest Hester came as a Freshman.

The real question is: How many of them followed all TSSAA rules and either sat out a full year of eligibility if they participated at their previous school or they moved from more than a 20 mile mark from further current Grace student?

Answer: All of them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Private Schools should be in Div. II!!!!!!!!!!! ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's unless you are pinning 60 points on them year in and out - and then it is OK, right? Good luck Friday, it looks like you are going to need it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All but Williams. He came to Grace when he was a freshman. We got a lot of new faces as freshman this year and they were all on the Grace middle school team last year. The Hester's, Little and Powell were there all of last year. Powell was eligible mid season last year and the Hester's and Little sit out all last season.

My son was there as a Freshman and graduated this past May 2008. I still support and attend all GCA games and to answer your question all I can count is only 5 kids that have not been at Grace since their freshman year.

Without getting into everyone's background (I just dont think its my business to tell others stories) I think there are 5 but not all those guys start both ways and most came to Grace as Sophomores. Williams I am quite sure was there as a Freshman and the youngest Hester came as a Freshman.

The youngest Hester came as sophomore but the rest of your post is correct.

Hhhhhmmmmm, just five kids......by Elementary School Math that is half of a starting line-up. Amos is Co-oping from another Christian School, so he constitutes the sixth starter. That means at your school you only had to find 3 or four more kids that could plug in the rest of the spots. What was the slogan last season....Hang On, Help Is Coming! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I've listened to this stuff for years, neither party gives an inch and in a court of arbitration, a judge would rule that one party has an unfair operating procedure. You know it and so do I. But for right now, it is what it is and there isn't anything going to change it this year.......so just go play and settle this on the grass! Sheesh! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Kazam