Clinton vs Halls

coonhunter293

Bugman you not leaving much doubt were you stand.

I think Halls does play upperclassman over younger talent if the assessment is close to equal.

O'laughlin is a Sophomore and playing a heck of a lot more than some Juniors and Seniors. Also just looking over recent memory. Cameron Sharp played as a true freshman. Daniel Dayton, Trey Lucas and Caleb Leonard played as Sophomores. It's all up to the Coaches assessment and what they need to win games. I always thought after last year Dowdy was a better passing QB than Turner. But because we reduced our passing exposure from the prior year when Cooper was QB it wasn't much of a problem until the end of the season when Dowdy came in and essentially won the South Doyle game on that bomb he threw. This year the passing game is on life support and could receive a boost with some new blood every now and then perhaps even plucking one of freshman wideouts and see if they could make a difference. Of course I'm not sure if they are ready for varsity just yet but you never know.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugman, by your diction and the way your spell your short hand, i am guessing you're in high school and possibly a player.

If you think just throwing in a sophmore QB who HAS NOT PLAYED VARSITY LEVEL FOOTBALL AT ALL is going to help the passing game, then you are sadly mistaken. If you would want to take Turner out and just play him on D, then Dowdy is the best choice, he has experience in pressure situations (a la Maryville last year).

Also i might be wrong here, but Coach Julian records go as this....

1st year) Went 7-4 in his first year (team with Vandergriff, Lucas, Cox, Buroff, Ferg. etc.) lost in first round

2nd year) Went 5-5 in his second year (team with Leonard, DW, O'Conner, Cooper played)

3rd year) went 8-4 in his third year (team with Dayton, Hughes, Kitts, Blair, Kelly, etc.)

So if my math serves me correctly that puts Coach Julian at two winning records and a even 500 record in his 3 years. So where you get your math I don't understand your logic.

So, if you're a player or discruntled parent, you need to read what your write before you post it because you are delusional.

I have to agree with all of you. I've been watching this team for quite some time now, and I can't explain what's going on. It looks like they have the same problems as UT. The kids aren't doing what they're coached to do. It also seems that the posters on this message board have the answers as well. So I guess the question remains, WHY DON'T YOU MEET WITH COACH JULIAN so you can be part of the solution. I've talked with these coaches before, and they aren't complete jerks all the time. I'm sure that your many years as an avid football spectator have put you in the position to come up with a great plan to fix the problem. So, why not talk to Coach Julian at practice? Many of you say that you watch practice, your right there, why not help?

Bugman...

Since you started this QB issue, here are some points to consider before you start attacking players. I have no problem with anyone questioning coaches ability but personally attacking 14, 16 and 17 year olds. Somehow I see these young man as being bigger than you are today in both height and heart.... If you think these kids do not read this stuff you must be smokin some good stuff... Good way to motivate (NOT) our Team through such a key upcoming game.

I will assure you a QB has to have more than 4.6 speed and a 55 yard ball!

QB's have to be developed by coaching! You can have an athelete with great ability however if he is not recieving proper coaching and teaching of the position it matters nell! ( that is unless you have a playmakers like Dayton or Gresham they make a good QB look great) Does Halls truly have a QB coach that understands the position? If so do the have they ability to teach the mechanics, techniques and leadership ability of the position? What goes in to teaching a QB to throw specific routes? (Are the routes timing based or lets just throw the ball out there and see what happens.) What about the recivers and blocking backs should they not be part of the soloution also? (I have seen many balls come off the targeted reciver that could have been the difference in winning. I have also seen as recent as last week a QB get hammered twice due to backs missing or side stepping blocks.) Have the recievers been taught how to run precise routes and do they stay on them? What goes in to teaching defensive schemes, techniques and coverage package to QB's? What ability is given to them to change plays if any?What effort goes into game film study with the QB to teach and show the cover packages and tendency of the opponet? Did HALLS do any 7-7 this summer to build on a passing game?

Well Mr or Mrs Bugman whats your thoughts... Being that you are so up to date on the QB's at Halls give us your knowledge to the questions. This may truly help you get to the root cause of your frustrations instead of making attacks you may be a parent, relative or close friend that just may be to close to the situation or have a AGENDA. Because I assure you based on your comments you are looking threw some Rose colored Glasses.

Here is how I relate, look at Maryville they had no one person that stood out this year at QB and really was questioning who could lead the team. Coach Q understands the position and what it takes to devlop a good/great QB's. At this point he has taken two questionable QB's and made them into 6-O team. Coaching, being prepared and player execution are critical to getting the W.

I hope you feel better about calling out Turner, Dowdy and the Freshman Brady Brown. Sounds like they could be some concern on your part.

Halls 21 Clinton 17

Bugman, I'm assuming you got your name due to the fact that you obviously have a bug up your ---. There is no one, not even the fans, who hate losing more than the players. You are obviously a parent of one of the sophomore QB's judging from your post. Just because a kid can throw 55 yards (was this in a real game with defensive players coming at him or a competition?) doesn't mean he can play a better game. These kids play their hearts out from week to week, and the plays they run are called by the coaches. We are all frustrated at the way things are going this year, but to try to pinpoint certain players as the problem is completely ridiculous. Here's a thought: WHY don't we have have Tyler Turner as a receiver? He has proven he can get to the ball time and time again when he is on defense. Why don't we play other capable receivers like Will Beeler? Not trying to slam the receivers we have, just wondering............

Other than ZCAR,it sounds like we want to give up.Is that what we want as fans? The player's are doing exactly what they are told.The receiver's are running good routes.Did anyone notice how many chances we had for open slants?Point is,each person has to do their job to have a succesful play.The loop is taught to the backs.The QB does not always have reads he is told exactley who to throw to no matter if someone else is open.Don't always blame the boy's.Bugman as well as one in the past called Bringitback should be real proud that they can hide behind a fake name and talk about high school kids.As far as personell changes.I don't think this is a good time to start changing people around.It's time,if not past time to smooth out as well as execute the play's we have in now.Change everyone around and your asking for trouble.Let's all get behind our TEAM this week and focus on one week at a time till playoffs.I'm going against the popular choice to say Hall's 28 Clinton14.

Bugman -

- I have no dog in the fight, but have watched both the JV games and Freshman games. If your son (or friend, relative, etc.) is one of the Soph QB's you might be in trouble. The Freshman QB looks like a stud to me. He does what a QB needs to do - put his team in a position to win. I expect to see great things from him and the stud RB they have.

- If there is a SOPH QB that runs a 4.6 forty time, we must have the fastest D. lineman in the state. Many times I have seen our DL's run both SOPH QB's down from behind. If they want a chance to play on Friday night, they need to perform better in practice during the week against starters.

- I heard Gresham (#10) is still not starting on Offense. Gotta question that. (After Friday night, wonder if he should have played at least one down against West?)

- No one has attempted to explain to me why #6's production is non-existant in the 4th quarter (8 yards rushing all year). My theory is he's small and young. Hits take there toll, and by the fourth quarter it's tough. Why not bring him in for a spark, rest him, and let him be strong in the 4th quarter?? Does no one else seem to think that we need better 4th quarter production? (#23 on the other hand seems to step up in the 4th quarter every time)

Ironman..too -

- I guess imitation is the greatest form of flattery, but I wish you coul've come up with a different screen name. As far as talking to the coaches, are you nuts?? First off, I hope to God they would never listen to me. What do I know about coaching High School football? From reading most posts, others are "less smart" than I am, which is scary. I hope Coach J has better things to do than listen to disgruntled fans.

- Do you complain about anything in society? If so, what gives you the right? I have an opinin, and I express it. It's out there for everyone to see. I try not to bad mouth any players, but I do believe some things need to change.

- If you go back and read my posts after the DB scrimmage, I tried to warn evryone that this offense was terrible. We have a good SOPH running back, but I'm on record saying we can't win in our region with him. Why? He weighs 140 pounds, benches about 160 and squats about 200. We have several players that can out run him, and he can't execute the blocking assignments. Do I think he has performed well? Absolutely. I think it's not fair to him to get him beat up like we do. He may become very good (depending on how hard he works in the weight room). I also feel this season has been sacrificed because of that. I wish I would have been wrong, but go back and check. I have said this from the start (after DB). IF he continues to play the majority of the time AND his second half production doesn't improve drastically, we will continue to lose in the 4th quarter. Prove me wrong.

On another note, the Halls freshmen downed Bearden, 20-14. While trailing 14-12, the Devils scored the go-ahead touchdown with 2 minutes to play in the 4th quarter.

In the JV matchup, Halls was dominated by Bearden, 45-13. The Devils trailed 31-0 at the half. Sadly, Halls didn't have a first down until their first drive of the 3rd quarter. Not a lot to say about this game, since Bearden dominated Halls from start to finish. Their blocking was better, they had more speed, and they simply had a lot more talent on the field.

I just watched the Bearden tape. WOW - our RB's have gotten deeper in the backfield than before.

- Many times the backs are running backwards when they get the handoff!! (no need for holes, they close before anyone can get there)

- The LDLDL has taken hold of the Halls wing T, and it's getting worse.

- Expect to see Clinton's defense in our backfield all night. Please, get rid off the LDLDL!!

- Do I believe we can change? Yes! (Easy to go back to last years ways)

-Do I believe we will change? No. Everyone watch the LDLDL this week - count how many palys lose yardage.

Halls coaching staff, the fans of halls are humiliated and disgusted abot the performance of their team. It is my opinion that the best players are not just the seniors and juniors.I thing the coaches should use all of their best players to win the close games. this means that if a younger player is better than a senior or junior that they should play. Another fact is that you cant just pound the ball right or left the whole game. As fan i have seen all levels of halls football. freshman team QB is a lefty that has no potential as a QB he has no throwing skills or leadership a QB should have, also he is slow of foot. The jv team QB's #6 on jv(#1 on varsity) and #11 re by far the most talented QB's on the halls team. #1 Zack Batts has the best athletic ability at that position. He runs a 4:6 and can throw the ball 55 yards and is the most mobile and accurate QB at halls. i think we should try a new QB besides the senior or junior that doesnt throw the ball very accurate bec when they do it's either picked off or thrown away. we have 4 games left why should we keep using the senior or junior that cant get the job done. Hlls does not use their talent they go by seniority. I"ll give you an example. Webb starts a sophmore QB over a senior and their record at this time of season is 5-1. we as fans at the first of the year was thinking we could win the district over maryville, but now we cant even beat teams who on paper we are better then. As of what we have seen the new offensive coordinator/ QB coach does not see the potential of the sophmore QB's over the seniors and juniors. I think that our 4 QB's the one who is startin is not the best out there, the junior isn't much better than the senior but the sophmores are more athletic and have better passing skills. So unless the coaching staff realizes that younger players are better than juniors or seniors we wont have a shot at play offs!!!! in watching our last 6 games we are probably 11 for 42 passing. i thimk it time we change something before it to lae tomake play offs. SO UNTIL THIS HAPPENS WE WILL NO HAVE A SHOT AGAINST CLINTON FOR FRIDAY NIGHTS GAME.

My Pick is Clinton-35 Halls-14.

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING BUGMAN!!!

I go to practice every now and then and I see that the quarterbacks you are talking about, one doesn't know the plays because you see him turn the wrong way to hand the ball off and the other one can't run the scout team plays (and if anyone doesn't know on scout team the plays are drawn on cards for the players to read.)

P.S BUGMAN the QBs your talking about can't lead the JV teams to a Victory why would you even think about putting them in on Varsity!