Clinton vs Halls

coonhunter293

sunday afternoon, players come in and watch the tape of their last game, and they watch the tape of the upcoming team. i also believe coach kirby breaks down the film with all the guys that actually play or could play on monday morning.

its not coupon books, they are called gold cards and he has done this every year since he has been here and it has never been a problem.

Asked 3 different players if they watch the previous game film and they said no. As far as gold cards-you still need conditioning.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will respond and i have no dog in the fight. Most dont know it but #6 has had 2 concussions already this year. He played in both games even after he was knocked out! THAT IS ANOTHER TOPIC ABOUT THE TRAINER! As far as the kick and punt returning-he is the best they have. Pass plays to #6- thats a joke. They either throw the fade to the receiver or a screen. They threw 2 against bearden to 6 but hasnt been thrown many passes. Let me tell everyone 2 things i know. 1) The football team DOES NOT watch game film from the previous game!!!!!!! They do not go back and grade or show the players what they are doing wrong or right. What better way to coach and learn than by seeing it on film. I have never played for or heard of a team that doesnt watch the film. 2) I knew there might be a problem this year when the coach let any players that sold 30 coupon books out of running at the end of practice. What a joke. You open up with a team that has won 60 in a row and he is letting kids out of conditioning.

I've have had so many people tell me how inept she is. Has no clue whatsoever. A definite liability when not taking injuries seriously like she should. During the season I have great respect for the players & coaches then have a sort of report card later when Fairplay does his annual roundup about strengths and weaknesses. But when players are seemingly in harms way then thats another matter. This is such a area that needs some careful attention and find out if she pays the necessary attention she should.

Asked 3 different players if they watch the previous game film and they said no. As far as gold cards-you still need conditioning.

In the past most don't attend. Not mandatory like it should be. Many players should follow the benefit that Peyton Manning achieved by understanding his opponent. The edge you get is immeasurable. You heard practice makes perfect well education of the game is just as important and given a to much of a backseat.

ironman80too -

- The famous LDLDL has nothing to do with te shotgun. Has to do with getting thru the hole quickly. Watch the games and films. RB's are taught to "loop" back this year. New to this year. One practice drill does not reflect the actual ballgame. #23 does not loop back as much, but that is because he played last year. New backs are getting way back.

- Question - when was the last time you had trouble finding out who had the ball. Then think back to last year. The "loop" was created this year, and like yourselve I have spoken to several people in the know. Backs ARE told to loop back, and timing/quickness of offense HAS been changed from day one.

Not execution, instruction.

- Note - blocking schemes have not changed. Lineman should be taught to stay with blocks longer and the LDLDL might have a chance. As it is they are taught to "flip" and go on. Also, chop or cut, which when you watch the film many defensive palyers get up from and make tackles before the ball gets back to the line of scrimmage.

So let me get this straight... First, coach ward retires and coach julian promotes two coaches from within who have been running and coaching this same system for the last three years. Then, he allows the new OC to change the system for no apparent reason? Then, when it's not working, coach julian just allows it to continue hoping it will improve? That sounds crazy to me. I'd say your sources who are "in the know" don't Know much. Why don't you ask the new RB coach?

Why does Coach Kirby show the game film to the players? I have a hard time believing the Coach J has someone other than himself go over the game film with the players. Now Coach Kirby and the other coaches are watching the film together with the players, but I have a real hard time believing Coach Julian does not watch the game film with the players, and making corrections as they go thorough the film. IF THIS IS TRUE, THEN I BLAME COACH J for a lack of leadership...but I just don't believe it.

Dont y'all ever get tired of "what in the world is wrong with our team"? You do it EVERY YEAR! Every team has problems! TRUST ME I KNOW! Clinton

seasons for the past six years have been 2003 0-10, 2004 1-9, 2005 1-9, 2006 2-8, 2007 4-6, 2008 3-2!

Come ON! Every post you get on for the past 6 years atleast! you get on talking about Hall, is ALWAYS Bashing the coaches, Players, team, or whatever else you can find to complain about! Obviously it aint doing no good! Hello, post topic is Clinton vs Halls

not Halls vs Crazy Halls Fans that think they know it all!

Why does Coach Kirby show the game film to the players? I have a hard time believing the Coach J has someone other than himself go over the game film with the players. Now Coach Kirby and the other coaches are watching the film together with the players, but I have a real hard time believing Coach Julian does not watch the game film with the players, and making corrections as they go thorough the film. IF THIS IS TRUE, THEN I BLAME COACH J for a lack of leadership...but I just don't believe it.

Believe it! Have heard from numerous players they dont watch it. It should be mandatory for all players and coaches. The only film they watch is of the upcoming opponent.

Dont y'all ever get tired of "what in the world is wrong with our team"? You do it EVERY YEAR! Every team has problems! TRUST ME I KNOW! Clinton

seasons for the past six years have been 2003 0-10, 2004 1-9, 2005 1-9, 2006 2-8, 2007 4-6, 2008 3-2!

Come ON! Every post you get on for the past 6 years atleast! you get on talking about Hall, is ALWAYS Bashing the coaches, Players, team, or whatever else you can find to complain about! Obviously it aint doing no good! Hello, post topic is Clinton vs Halls

I agree, I've gotten sick and tired of hearing about it too. However, before this season, I was sick and tired of all of the Clinton fans getting on here and doing the exact same thing.

Coach J's record stands at 22-17 after 3 1/2 seasons, IN THE TOUGHEST REGION IN THE STATE. He has suffered thorough the toughest injury bug and illness situation in recent memory. Now somebody can look this up, but how does this stack up with Sheppard, Kurr, and the other former head coaches at Halls. I would bet it is right in line with all of them maybe even a bit better!

My only thought would be for Coach J to call the offense. If I'm a head coach, I want to be in charge of the offense and the defense. Now someone else may signal the call in but I'm calling the shots. That is prolly why I work in the business world and not in coaching.

I have not seen any practices but I do know this. If we don't beat Clinton, we will not go to the playoffs.

devilsden, You have made me shake the cobwebs from my head on this one.

I don't remember Kerr's record since it was way past my time BUT Sheppard's record, if my memory serves me correctly, was 33-12 after his first 4 years at Halls.

Now, as far as Coach Julian calling the offense....when has he ever called the offensive plays? To my knowledge since he came to Halls he has been the Defensive Co-Ordinator. That would almost be like saying that John Chavis needs to call the offensive plays at UT this weekend. Coach Julian is a very good defensive coach and that is what he calls and has called for many years. Williams' play calling is not the problem just as Clawson's playcalling is not UT's problems.

Health and Injuries has been the problem this year and you can't coach that no matter who you are.

Coach J's record stands at 22-17 after 3 1/2 seasons, IN THE TOUGHEST REGION IN THE STATE. He has suffered thorough the toughest injury bug and illness situation in recent memory. Now somebody can look this up, but how does this stack up with Sheppard, Kurr, and the other former head coaches at Halls. I would bet it is right in line with all of them maybe even a bit better!

My only thought would be for Coach J to call the offense. If I'm a head coach, I want to be in charge of the offense and the defense. Now someone else may signal the call in but I'm calling the shots. That is prolly why I work in the business world and not in coaching.

I have not seen any practices but I do know this. If we don't beat Clinton, we will not go to the playoffs.

I was thinking the same thing!

After watching their game against OR, I am betting on Clinton to take this one. My prediction is they win by 2 TDs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> They really seemed to be clicking in that game, even without the string of disasters by the Wildcats. I haven't seen Halls play this year, but after the W last week, the Dragons should have the confidence that they need going into this game.

I agree, I've gotten sick and tired of hearing about it too. However, before this season, I was sick and tired of all of the Clinton fans getting on here and doing the exact same thing.

I know, but not like this! There are not that many Clinton Fans that wanna fuss about everything! and You see what happened when everyone quit and actually started supporting the team!