Clinton vs Halls

coonhunter293

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are pretty big on Clinton this year. Well, I just can't appreciate them too much. Back in '78 there was an ole boy by the name of Don Ringer. Don could run the ball like nobody's business. I remember watching him run for 247 yards in a game, with a sprained ankle. That boy was tough as nails. After watching him, these kids today for Clinton don't cut the mustard.

he wont be playin this game but if you wanna see someone run the ball with all their heart, come and see weston when he's healthy again, maybe he'll change your opinion of the clinton players a little. now that thats outta the way i think the others are plenty tough enough for halls and i think the dragons are gonna get themselves a nice region win this friday night mainly cause from what ive heard about ya'lls offense we'l only need about ten points to pull it off.

Ethel even in the mood I'm in I still believe it will take at least 28 for the Dragons to beat us. If we run 100% of the time we are clearing over 25 points at home. Also, our D was no slouch in any game this year and ran out of gas once in the 4th quarter against Maryville. We won't call it a season just yet. I think this game will be one of the biggest Halls will play this year to see who we really are. If we win we should win out if we lose I think we will be in big trouble. Was anyone else surprised Powell took down AC the other night? I was and that in itself scares the heck out of me. Powell at their place is always a difficult game no matter the records.

I respect Clinton and like their offensive capabilities. Stone is a excellent field general and only a junior. Fraiser and Witherspoon are two awesome playmakers. Martin looks like he has done well backing up Hazelhurst. I have looked at this game since the start of the season and when everyone was laughing at me for saying Clinton could be the real deal in the next year or two after last years game. Well this is the battle for third place at the moment in my opinion and shows how far you guys have come in such a short time. I think this will be another close game I just hope we are the ones with the W this time and so we can put to rest the last two weeks of frustration.

Nice post Zcar, hit all of the points. I hope people don't get carried away with our win over OR. Although it's always nice to beat them, that is a VERY bad OR team. Clinton is going to have to play one of their best games, if not the best, of the year to beat this Halls team. I agree with you, it's going to take at least 28 to beat you all, I'm not sure we can stop your running game, even with the LDLP that someone else was talking about. We do feel your pain with that offense, we suffered through it and Coach Shattuck is still trying to rebuild the program after they destroyed it. I can't believe anyone else would hire that guy.

Side note for Clinton fans:

A former media member has been submitting historical Clinton scores to be posted in our database. It still is a work in progress, but we now have scores dating back to 1970, and scores going back prior to 1970 will be uploaded soon. For those of you who want to revisit these past seasons, the scores can be found here:

Historical Clinton High School Football Scores

Ethel even in the mood I'm in I still believe it will take at least 28 for the Dragons to beat us. If we run 100% of the time we are clearing over 25 points at home. Also, our D was no slouch in any game this year and ran out of gas once in the 4th quarter against Maryville. We won't call it a season just yet. I think this game will be one of the biggest Halls will play this year to see who we really are. If we win we should win out if we lose I think we will be in big trouble. Was anyone else surprised Powell took down AC the other night? I was and that in itself scares the heck out of me. Powell at their place is always a difficult game no matter the records.

I respect Clinton and like their offensive capabilities. Stone is a excellent field general and only a junior. Fraiser and Witherspoon are two awesome playmakers. Martin looks like he has done well backing up Hazelhurst. I have looked at this game since the start of the season and when everyone was laughing at me for saying Clinton could be the real deal in the next year or two after last years game. Well this is the battle for third place at the moment in my opinion and shows how far you guys have come in such a short time. I think this will be another close game I just hope we are the ones with the W this time and so we can put to rest the last two weeks of frustration.

to be completely honest with you i hope it is a good game, i like a well played close game anytime over a blow out, some people think im crazy for that but a nailbiters always way more exciting lol. i agree also that clinton will probably need about 28 to win, in my earlier prediction i said itd be 28-21 with clinton coming out on top, i only made the 10 point comment out of spite for the guy that was sayin clinton players didnt play with any heart, or atleast thats what i took it to mean. halls is a good team and i have alot of respect for them, they always have a strong running game and a great kicking game, i think they hit like a 58 yarder on us 3 years ago. either way its good to reply to somebody with a little class and football knowledge, i got used to dealing with alot of cocky idiots last week with the or fans on here lol, most of which ate a nice helpin of crow. i just hope if we win this one we'll have the class to leave your field alone and vice versa, good luck to both teams and get well weston, GO DRAGONS!!!

After another tough loss for Halls, I'm not sure what to think about this game. Clinton will be riding an emotional high, but Halls is still trying to get off the schnide. I felt that if Clinton could get the OR monkey off of its back, they'd have a chance to win out in region play. This is definitely the biggest game in the region this week, and probably the make-or-break game for Halls. If Halls doesn't win, they will have to win out to have any real chance of making the playoffs. Halls has their backs against the wall. They haven't gotten that break-though win yet. Until they convince me otherwise, I think Halls will still be looking for that win when they head to Powell next week.

My prediction:

Clinton 28 - Halls 20

After another tough loss for Halls, I'm not sure what to think about this game. Clinton will be riding an emotional high, but Halls is still trying to get off the schnide. I felt that if Clinton could get the OR monkey off of its back, they'd have a chance to win out in region play. This is definitely the biggest game in the region this week, and probably the make-or-break game for Halls. If Halls doesn't win, they will have to win out to have any real chance of making the playoffs. Halls has their backs against the wall. They haven't gotten that break-though win yet. Until they convince me otherwise, I think Halls will still be looking for that win when they head to Powell next week.

My prediction:

Clinton 28 - Halls 20

Halls coaching staff, the fans of halls are humiliated and disgusted abot the performance of their team. It is my opinion that the best players are not just the seniors and juniors.I thing the coaches should use all of their best players to win the close games. this means that if a younger player is better than a senior or junior that they should play. Another fact is that you cant just pound the ball right or left the whole game. As fan i have seen all levels of halls football. freshman team QB is a lefty that has no potential as a QB he has no throwing skills or leadership a QB should have, also he is slow of foot. The jv team QB's #6 on jv(#1 on varsity) and #11 re by far the most talented QB's on the halls team. #1 Zack Batts has the best athletic ability at that position. He runs a 4:6 and can throw the ball 55 yards and is the most mobile and accurate QB at halls. i think we should try a new QB besides the senior or junior that doesnt throw the ball very accurate bec when they do it's either picked off or thrown away. we have 4 games left why should we keep using the senior or junior that cant get the job done. Hlls does not use their talent they go by seniority. I"ll give you an example. Webb starts a sophmore QB over a senior and their record at this time of season is 5-1. we as fans at the first of the year was thinking we could win the district over maryville, but now we cant even beat teams who on paper we are better then. As of what we have seen the new offensive coordinator/ QB coach does not see the potential of the sophmore QB's over the seniors and juniors. I think that our 4 QB's the one who is startin is not the best out there, the junior isn't much better than the senior but the sophmores are more athletic and have better passing skills. So unless the coaching staff realizes that younger players are better than juniors or seniors we wont have a shot at play offs!!!! in watching our last 6 games we are probably 11 for 42 passing. i thimk it time we change something before it to lae tomake play offs. SO UNTIL THIS HAPPENS WE WILL NO HAVE A SHOT AGAINST CLINTON FOR FRIDAY NIGHTS GAME.

My Pick is Clinton-35 Halls-14.

Halls coaching staff, the fans of halls are humiliated and disgusted abot the performance of their team. It is my opinion that the best players are not just the seniors and juniors.I thing the coaches should use all of their best players to win the close games. this means that if a younger player is better than a senior or junior that they should play. Another fact is that you cant just pound the ball right or left the whole game. As fan i have seen all levels of halls football. freshman team QB is a lefty that has no potential as a QB he has no throwing skills or leadership a QB should have, also he is slow of foot. The jv team QB's #6 on jv(#1 on varsity) and #11 re by far the most talented QB's on the halls team. #1 Zack Batts has the best athletic ability at that position. He runs a 4:6 and can throw the ball 55 yards and is the most mobile and accurate QB at halls. i think we should try a new QB besides the senior or junior that doesnt throw the ball very accurate bec when they do it's either picked off or thrown away. we have 4 games left why should we keep using the senior or junior that cant get the job done. Hlls does not use their talent they go by seniority. I"ll give you an example. Webb starts a sophmore QB over a senior and their record at this time of season is 5-1. we as fans at the first of the year was thinking we could win the district over maryville, but now we cant even beat teams who on paper we are better then. As of what we have seen the new offensive coordinator/ QB coach does not see the potential of the sophmore QB's over the seniors and juniors. I think that our 4 QB's the one who is startin is not the best out there, the junior isn't much better than the senior but the sophmores are more athletic and have better passing skills. So unless the coaching staff realizes that younger players are better than juniors or seniors we wont have a shot at play offs!!!! in watching our last 6 games we are probably 11 for 42 passing. i thimk it time we change something before it to lae tomake play offs. SO UNTIL THIS HAPPENS WE WILL NO HAVE A SHOT AGAINST CLINTON FOR FRIDAY NIGHTS GAME.

My Pick is Clinton-35 Halls-14.

Gee... this should really help Coach Julian as he gets his team ready for Friday.

Gee... this should really help Coach Julian as he gets his team ready for Friday.

I realy dont think that if we dont make some kinda change either at offensive coordinator or at QB then at this time we have to start preparing for next YEAR, bec if we lose to clinton or powell then we are done. Then this will be Coach Julians 3rd losing record as Halls coach. Also if we dont make a change its pretty simple to say that clinton will be able to stop either run right or run left, W e have to mix up the play calling for us to move the ball when the defense has 10 men in the box stoping the run. Every team knows when they play halls that QB'S 4 and 14 are not gonna throw the ball its either over their head or into the the defenses arms for a touchdown. W e cant just keep throwing the fade route bec our recievers are to slow to get open and down the sideline. PLus if QB 4 feels any pressure its either he gets sacked or laid out by a linebacker which usually leads to him bein hurt. W e cant keep riding the Same dead hores, so its time for a change at QB bec the offense is lead by the QB and if your recievers know your not gonna throw to the then wat is the point for them to try to get open.

SEASON WE WILL FINISH 3-7

This game with Halls worries me as a Clinton fan. Halls is a very dangerous team. This is going to be Hall's Homecoming and they will be ready to play. Clinton needs to have a great week of practice and try not to have a letdown after a big win against O.R. I think this is going to be a very good game and cannot wait until this friday! Dragon fans need to show up in big numbers and lets cheer this team on hopefully to a big win! GO DRAGONS!!!