Clinton vs Halls

coonhunter293

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there to cheer on the big Red tonight! What I wolud like to see:

- Offense not go three and out on the first series. Correct me If I am wrong, but every 1st play we have ran this year is a sweep right (6 or 8 hole?). The last two games we have tried to "trick" this same play(unbalanced, etc.) with disastrous results - BIG loses. We need to gain something on 1st down!! (not and incomplete pass either)

- A few passes on 2nd and short (not many on 1st - 3 to 5), and avoid 3rd and long.

- A healthy #6 in the 4th quarter. Imagine what a spark he could bring if he rested some throughout the game and was healthy in the 4th!

I'm not ready to right this tem off yet. I believe coach J to be one of the best, and hopefully he can right this ship!

Being a former CHS Grad the dragons have been a joke for the last few years. They have a great QB , but are very weak in both O LINE AND D LINE. A team can run right at them. I think Halls doesnt have the horses but looking ahead Powell will break the dragon spirit in a few weeks. As far as the Oak Ridge victory dont read alot into that, this may be the weakest team in the history of OR FOOTBALL. Clintons talent pool is very weak as seen in the middle school program. they basically play nobody. Clinton will finish 3rd or 4th in the region and lose 1st round in the playoffs. Why, lack of big boys upfront

Being a former CHS Grad the dragons have been a joke for the last few years. They have a great QB , but are very weak in both O LINE AND D LINE. A team can run right at them. I think Halls doesnt have the horses but looking ahead Powell will break the dragon spirit in a few weeks. As far as the Oak Ridge victory dont read alot into that, this may be the weakest team in the history of OR FOOTBALL. Clintons talent pool is very weak as seen in the middle school program. they basically play nobody. Clinton will finish 3rd or 4th in the region and lose 1st round in the playoffs. Why, lack of big boys upfront

Oh yeah, Shows you are a smart Human Being! Clinton has had lack of talent the past 6-7 years, but this year, besides the Line, we are loaded with Talent! with Boys like Weston Hazlehurst who would've Probably been the leading rusher in East TN at the end of season, averaging 200+ yrds Rushing per game. (if he hadnt of broke his Collarbone, but dont worry, he'll be back by the Powell game!!!! Which he ate up last year with 294 Yrds rushing! I agree, with the OR thing, but Beating Campbell Co. this year is a big thing, they are averageing beating people by 30 points, except the two losses to Jeff. co and Clinton! And by the way, Clinton is 11th this week in the prepxtra! But anyway, Clinton has Brandon Witherspoon, SUPER FAST!! and Nick Frazier, and SEVERAL other Very talented Players!

I hate to tell you this but IHS has 16 D 1 PLAYERS THIS YEAR, RANKED TOP 10 TEAMS IN AMERICA, no problem would love to play them here or there. If Weston has a broken collarbone as good as he is, who the dumb coach that would even consider playing him till the playoffs? Sorry but the talent pool just isnt there against the big boys!

Congratulations to Clinton on a nice win (33 - 17)

- Three turnovers to none sealed the Red Devils fate. (21 points)

- Team speed was the deciding factor. Not close in this area. Two deep bombs hurt us.

- Stone is the real deal. Best QB I've seen in a long time. Good luck to the Dragons the rest of the way.

- Halls fans - let's not bash the coaches on this one. It's our right to disagree when times are down, but coaches didn't lose this game. Turnovers and team speed were the difference.

- Team speed was the deciding factor. Not close in this area. Two deep bombs hurt us.

- Stone is the real deal. Best QB I've seen in a long time. Good luck to the Dragons the rest of the way.

- Halls fans - let's not bash the coaches on this one. It's our right to disagree when times are down, but coaches didn't lose this game. Turnovers and team speed were the difference.

Good luck to halls as well...

Can our (Halls) problems be fixed? Not if everything stays the same!! (definition of ignorance is to do the SAME thing over and over and expect a different result)

Same result maybe worse. Not saying Clinton didn't deserve it with the wide open offense they have. But come on we aren't leaving much to the imagination anymore. What difference a year makes i know we are trying but a huge district game and the offense lays another egg. Last chance cafe next week.

im glad we again proved we can play without our star, cant wait to see him back in action with the newly confident dragons.i wish i could have seen this game. congratulations to clinton on a big region win! keep it going boys 8-2 isnt out of the question! and as for the halls fans hes right dont bash the coaches, for years clinton had parents who openly bashed the coaches and caused division amongst the players which became a major part of our problem, dont let that happen to you.