Clinton vs Halls

coonhunter293

im glad we again proved we can play without our star, cant wait to see him back in action with the newly confident dragons.i wish i could have seen this game. congratulations to clinton on a big region win! keep it going boys 8-2 isnt out of the question! and as for the halls fans hes right dont bash the coaches, for years clinton had parents who openly bashed the coaches and caused division amongst the players which became a major part of our problem, dont let that happen to you.

This is good advice.

I've been fortunate enough to witness high school football in several other places besides Halls and I have been agast at the ammount of parental griping lately.

I've witnessed parents complaining about coaches, parents complaining about players, and parents simply setting a rotten example that (if it hasn't already) will filter down to the players; at that point, the season will be done no matter what the coaches try to do.

Is our offense predictable? Sure it is.

Have we had some unfortunate injuries? Yes, we have.

Are our post-season hopes now dashed? Possibly; however...

I think it is far more important for us to be good examples to our sons and allow them to be part of a team where playing like a team and having a possitive attitude is a priority over whether or not your own son's "high school career" is progressing the way you envision it for him.

I'm far more worried, at this point, about the juvenile behavior of some parents than about what's happeneing on the field.

I say the biggest problem with this team right now is the parents; not the players or coaches. ...and I'm a parent.

That said, let's go Red Devils and let's win next week!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am at my wits end withthis football team. I can't really put a finger on it but sumptin' aint right. I have read about this coach and that coach and yes I have even said some things about a coach, but tonight words can't describe the pain in my gut that I have.

I wish I could say great words that could imspire the players to do better, but I aint smart enought to figure out what to say. Their are a lot of similarities between the status of UT football and Halls football. And rigth now they both stinky-poo.

But their is always next week or next year.

Very good win for the Dragons! Stone has been Awesome the past two weeks! and the receiver's made some good catches! I like the look of Frazier at RB, that seemed to be working pretty good!

I agree coonhunter! This win @ Halls was huge for Clinton. If im not mistaken, Frazier played RB in middle school and was very good at it. I always wondered why the coaches never gave him a chance at RB unless it had something to do with his size, but Frazier has the speed! I just want to give a shout-out to all the Dragon players and wish them good luck next week @ home. They can't take LC lightly.......im sure we wont. GO DRAGONS!!!!

Being a former CHS Grad the dragons have been a joke for the last few years. They have a great QB , but are very weak in both O LINE AND D LINE. A team can run right at them. I think Halls doesnt have the horses but looking ahead Powell will break the dragon spirit in a few weeks. As far as the Oak Ridge victory dont read alot into that, this may be the weakest team in the history of OR FOOTBALL. Clintons talent pool is very weak as seen in the middle school program. they basically play nobody. Clinton will finish 3rd or 4th in the region and lose 1st round in the playoffs. Why, lack of big boys upfront

I agree that the line on both sides is lacking in size, and maybe the linebackers should probably make a few more tackles inside. BUT, I don't agree about the lack of talent. They have talent all over the place. Frazier, Hazelhurst, even though he's out, Witherspoon, Martin......I'm guessing that you haven't been to any games this season. And, as a "CHS Grad," you know that any win over OR is huge victory in itself.

Great Dragon win over Halls last night. Stone was on point most of the time with his receivers. He over threw a couple of times, but heck, he was throwing over 80 yards on them. He's got a cannon!! It was good to see Frazier at RB again. I have watched him at that position since Optimist Football. He was really good at it then, it's good to to seem him at that position again. Halls seem to get a first down every couple of plays, I would like to see Dragon defense tighten up on that a little, but Dragon D held them, helping to seal the deal.

Let's Go Dragons!!!!!

Congratulations Clinton and Coach Andy Shattuck. Furman upbringing like Quarles didn't pour on the points against us.

No excuses from me. We just got beat by a very superior team last night. Our weaknesses were exposed for what they are.

The kids played hard and wanted to win but with Clinton's up and coming program I think you guys look likely to get that #2 and homefield spot in the playoffs.

Good luck this year. I just enjoy your type of offense. Perhaps you don't have the full package yet to compete with Maryville but you won't be out of any game this year.

I just couldn't imagine what this team will be like when Hazelhurst is back. Two marquee wins in the last two weeks 10 year drought against the Ridge and 9 years against us. This could a storybook year for the Dragons.

Congratulations Clinton and Coach Andy Shattuck. Furman upbringing like Quarles didn't pour on the points against us.

No excuses from me. We just got beat by a very superior team last night. Our weaknesses were exposed for what they are.

The kids played hard and wanted to win but with Clinton's up and coming program I think you guys look likely to get that #2 and homefield spot in the playoffs.

Good luck this year. I just enjoy your type of offense. Perhaps you don't have the full package yet to compete with Maryville but you won't be out of any game this year.

I just couldn't imagine what this team will be like when Hazelhurst is back. Two marquee wins in the last two weeks 10 year drought against the Ridge and 9 years against us. This could a storybook year for the Dragons.

Classy response!

I concur...

Not really how I pictured the football team to be my senior year (2-5). But, how many recently previous teams can say that they won the Battle of Black Oak Ridge? Powell will be a big momentum game (whether if it comes out to mean anything or not) Good Luck to the Red Devils next week

Great attitude. We need more of this line of thinking...

btgoG, Pirateman and castrolman. Your are all right we still have a heartbeat. Lets get it done. Playoffs are still within our reach.

Clinton was to much for us. West was a big let down but Powell is always a dogfight no matter what the record. This week is a huge week for us. We can win out. We just have to believe.

pirateman894,

Whoop-t-do, we won the Battle of Black Oak Ridge. Lets all go out and print up T-shirts showing Halls won tht B of B O R. I'm sure Coach J and his staff will gloat in knowing they won this game. Yes, and we also beat Gibbs. Lets do a shirt for them also. Hey folks look at us we beat Gibbs, a AAA school, a team that has beaten us 1 or 2 times since the parting of the Red SEa.

Shoot, I want us to beat Clinton, Bearden, West, L.C.,Powell and the others but right now that looks kinda bleak.