Region 6-5a

cougar31

QFT. This is the only game that matters, and that's all the CHS fan base is worried about.

As far a Chaz, he's been an excellent performer so far. His games against Ravenwood and Franklin will determine any type of MVP award. For now, I think I speak for all Cougar fans when I say that a playoff birth would be much sweeter than any individual award, especially if we could sneak into that second spot.

to CHS 2007 and zoozie: Will you guys be at the game?

I won't be. I'm working the game up here at WKU. I'll be back for Columbia though.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant for this one

i would love to but i don't think i'll make it back for a game until franklin

and to the previous posts

i dont think there is anything wrong with wishing and hoping for your team to do good beyond the current game

as long as the team is focused on the current one and the way matykiewicz is running the team they are taking it one game at a time.

and CHS2007's post was right on the money

it doesn't matter if there are better teams out there, the MVP award goes to the player that did the most on an individual basis and that has to go to Chaz IF the season was to end today. There is still three games left for Centennial and four for a couple of the other teams so there is plenty of time for crazy things to happen.

and to mvs_brentwood:

Chaz has gotten it done and pulled off the W in 5 consecutive games and has Centennial in the #2 spot by default in the region since franklin has played one less game then centennial to this point

Ok, I'm sorry. I was under the mistaken impression that a "Valuable Player" would be one who consistently produced a desired result...which for a football team would be a WIN. I am well aware that Centennial has won 5 consecutive games. Congratulations. But you have some significant giants to slay before you will get the true respect you feel you deserve. When all is said and done, if Centennial continues to win, Chaz very likely should be the region MVP. However, this talk is a little premature given the schedule played to this point and the games left to play. Again, I mean no disrespect, just trying to interject a little reality into the thread.

Carry on...

Go Bruins!!!

Ok, I'm sorry. I was under the mistaken impression that a "Valuable Player" would be one who consistently produced a desired result...which for a football team would be a WIN. I am well aware that Centennial has won 5 consecutive games. Congratulations. But you have some significant giants to slay before you will get the true respect you feel you deserve. When all is said and done, if Centennial continues to win, Chaz very likely should be the region MVP. However, this talk is a little premature given the schedule played to this point and the games left to play. Again, I mean no disrespect, just trying to interject a little reality into the thread.

Yes, CHS has two hard teams left but Brentwood even lost to one of them and just barely won the other one. No disrespect but it was a close game. And you can't have a lose against yourself.

Are you serious? you don't think it matters who its against. You know I guess I cant fault you fans for being over zealous lets face it its been a LONG time since youve had ANYTHING to be excited about so you know what have at it. Just be very greatful Dickson co. is so bad this year.

I understand both sides to the arguement:

1) Chaz really has put up great numbers. He is leading his team in both rushing and passing. He is the most valuable player to Centennial. And out of the teams I have seen this season in the region he stands out as being the most valuable to his team. Centennial would not be where they are without him.

2) Then theres the other side to the argument. He hasn't played the greatest competition outside of Brentwood. Siegal and Independence are above average but not on the same level as Brentwood and Franklin. I remember a couple of years ago Zack Cordell over at Independence had great numbers against teams with loosing records, but when IHS played teams with winning records (Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Dickson) he threw something like 6 picks with 1 td and less than 300 yards passing(?) in the 4 games. So competition does matter to a degree.

I understand both sides to the arguement:

1) Chaz really has put up great numbers. He is leading his team in both rushing and passing. He is the most valuable player to Centennial. And out of the teams I have seen this season in the region he stands out as being the most valuable to his team. Centennial would not be where they are without him.

2) Then theres the other side to the argument. He hasn't played the greatest competition outside of Brentwood. Siegal and Independence are above average but not on the same level as Brentwood and Franklin. I remember a couple of years ago Zack Cordell over at Independence had great numbers against teams with loosing records, but when IHS played teams with winning records (Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Dickson) he threw something like 6 picks with 1 td and less than 300 yards passing(?) in the 4 games. So competition does matter to a degree.

Cordell won the MVP that year btw.