Oak Ridge @ McMinn Co

wpasi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're full of Dung. I have no vendetta against Stevens. He may be a great person, but he is terrible as the head coach of Oak Ridge. That's all I am commenting on here about. I haven't even posted on here in a few weeks. I have just been letting the rest of you figure out what most of us already knew. I have a desire to bring a coach to Oak Ridge that will exert the effort required to have the type of program that great coaches before him/her built. I don't care if the coach is red, black, yellow or purple or a man or a woman as long as they work towards maintaining the Oak Ridge tradition. I believe that LOD said it best, "the only race issue that Stevens is having trouble with is the race to the Gold Ball."

Ole Dad

Ole dad, with all due respect, with your agenda against Coach Stevens, I just don't believe that. Why would a guy make a statement like that to someone who would turn right around and stab him in the back by telling someone like you who has an obvious vendetta against the coach. That's ridiculous.

Stanton didn't write that article. The News Sentinel wrote it.

True, but they had to talk to 'somebody' there to have the info that was in the article. I did read the article, TWICE.

My conclusion is not only is the 'card' about to be played, they are loading an entire deck for when it is needed.

Y'all have my sympathy as you are getting what we have at R'dale now. While we have a WHITE Coach, it is the same thing that is happening at OR. What you have now is what I call 'Metro Football'. Big city coach calling games the same way he did in a Metropolitan area at a Country school. Unfortunately they do not mix. At least y'all still throw some. We have the 'WingT' offense with little or NO passing.

As to the upcoming game, I will take McMinn in a close one as they are getting better.

Fact of the matter is the only ones that can change the situation are the principal and AD, and those two gentlemen aren't about to make any changes, plus you still have the assistant superintendant who has more power now than he did when he got his way. So, all I can do is continue to go to the games, support the boys and support the coaches. I'll be at McMinn Co. I hope the kids are ready and we can do a little better than last week's 7 fumbles and 12 penalties. If we can stop helping the other team so much, I think we can win it.

I have no affiliation with Oak Ridge, but I have been keeping up with what has transpired down there. I remember the OR that was in state contention every year. That apparently has gone by the wayside recently. It sounds to me like a change is needed, just like at UT. Maybe bring in a younger guy and give him a shot at it. Someone with a lot of energy and willingness to work. There are several young coaches around that would chomp at the bit to get into a program like Oak Ridge and rebuild. And from the looks of things, he would need to be offensive minded! Anyway, like I said, I have nothing to do with OR. But that's my two cents on the situation!

Bailey and Green are in charge of this particular stuation and have told Chuck and Mullins to stay out of the way. When it all comes down watch Bailey and Green duck and blame it on Chuck and Mullins.

Ole Dad

I have no affiliation with Oak Ridge, but I have been keeping up with what has transpired down there. I remember the OR that was in state contention every year. That apparently has gone by the wayside recently. It sounds to me like a change is needed, just like at UT. Maybe bring in a younger guy and give him a shot at it. Someone with a lot of energy and willingness to work. There are several young coaches around that would chomp at the bit to get into a program like Oak Ridge and rebuild. And from the looks of things, he would need to be offensive minded! Anyway, like I said, I have nothing to do with OR. But that's my two cents on the situation!

I think Oak Ridge has good talent. We do have too many kids playing both ways, we need to develop more depth.

Ole Dad, those two are definately staying out of the way. Are you saying Bailey, Green, and Smith want Stanton to fail? If that's the case, that is sad. Is it so personal that they would rather Oak Ridge be awful than support the current coach?

I think Oak Ridge has good talent. We do have too many kids playing both ways, we need to develop more depth.

Ole Dad, those two are definately staying out of the way. Are you saying Bailey, Green, and Smith want Stanton to fail? If that's the case, that is sad. Is it so personal that they would rather Oak Ridge be awful than support the current coach?

Bailey & Green desperately want Stevens to succeed. That is their guy, everyone knows that.

No one else has a say in the matter.

Lets focus on the game and not a particular coach and his issues with the administrators.

From what I have seen OR is still OR>>>>typical size and speed of past OR teams that McMinn has played. I still believe the biggest "if" for McMinn is if the O line can slow down the pressure that OR will likely bring. If they can then they have a good chance to move the ball if they cant then it will be a long evening for #10 Ables.