Oak Ridge @ McMinn Co

wpasi

Just thought I would start this one. My pick is McMinn by alot. After watching the Clinton and DB replays on bbb OR has size but they are out of shape and stand around alot. McMinn beat a good Rhea co team.

Hope this post don't make anybody mad but if it does OH WELL!

What has happened to Oak Ridge?

MCHS 35

ORHS 7

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a very interesting matchup to me. Unfortunately, it's the only decent Region 2 head-to-head this week. There's a pretty fair likelihood that one of these teams will qualify for the playoffs and the other won't. So, obviously, this game looms large in determining who ultimately plays in the postseason.

As for those playoff participants, admitting that last year was an exceptionally good one in Region 2, it's shaping up as a very weak field for Region 2 in '08. The quality and competitive balance for the top 4 or 5 teams is way off.

Looks like a very interesting matchup to me. Unfortunately, it's the only decent Region 2 head-to-head this week. There's a pretty fair likelihood that one of these teams will qualify for the playoffs and the other won't. So, obviously, this game looms large in determining who ultimately plays in the postseason.

As for those playoff participants, admitting that last year was an exceptionally good one in Region 2, it's shaping up as a very weak field for Region 2 in '08. The quality and competitive balance for the top 4 or 5 teams is way off.

I thought 2 years ago Region 2 was better. As for this year, yea, it seems that it is basically Farragut, Ooltewah and then everyone else.

To bump a thread on an Internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads.

Yet, boyfromsi's comments would have bumped the thread to the top. No bump needed (unless having a 70's dance flashback).

I'm suprised no one has mentioned OR is the only team not to score 30 on Clinton this year (including Campbell Co. and South Doyle). That's ugly! I think OR gets 2 touchdowns this week. One on special teams and one long play. No sustained drives. I have no idea what McMinn might score.

IF OR can't line up correctly or handle a snap, another long night.

To bump a thread on an Internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads.

Yet, boyfromsi's comments would have bumped the thread to the top. No bump needed (unless having a 70's dance flashback).

I'm suprised no one has mentioned OR is the only team not to score 30 on Clinton this year (including Campbell Co. and South Doyle). That's ugly! I think OR gets 2 touchdowns this week. One on special teams and one long play. No sustained drives. I have no idea what McMinn might score.

IF OR can't line up correctly or handle a snap, another long night.

I just think he likes to say bump.

I just think he likes to say bump.

No, threads tend to get lost on this forum and we end up with 2 or 3 threads covering the same game. Honestly, it's a throwback to my days of participated on Compuserve forums in the 80s. I still think this is going to be a rough week for the Cats.

does Oak Ridge still have the small and quick tailback from last year ? That kid killed us last year.

No, Jared Stephens graduated last year.