Maryville vs Who ever they play next week.......

MLREB

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just thought I would continue with the weekly worthless post.

Will the streak end?

Will Hitch try to hijack another Maryville thread?

Will Hitch turn green with envy for another week?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll jump in....If it's going to end this year (and that's an "if"), it will be in the playoff's, probably deep into them. Once a team has won this many in a row, you can figure that the coaches prepare them so that they don't lose in an upset. In other words, when they lose, it'll be to a team who actually has a chance against them; it won't be somebody at the bottom of the region.

It's interesting how some programs manage to accomplish this. While BA has never had a streak of this length, I can't think of any loss they've suffered to a team that shouldn't have been on the field with them.

While BA has never had a streak of this length, I can't think of any loss they've suffered to a team that shouldn't have been on the field with them.

Now KWoodroof ...Coach Flatt apparently didunt thank that 'average' Mairvul should have been on tha feeled with BA in '76..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I'll jump in....If it's going to end this year (and that's an "if"), it will be in the playoff's, probably deep into them. Once a team has won this many in a row, you can figure that the coaches prepare them so that they don't lose in an upset. In other words, when they lose, it'll be to a team who actually has a chance against them; it won't be somebody at the bottom of the region.

It's interesting how some programs manage to accomplish this. While BA has never had a streak of this length, I can't think of any loss they've suffered to a team that shouldn't have been on the field with them.

You are correct KW. This is not Maryville's strongest team. I suspect the challenge to the streak will become evident by the third round of the play-offs. Prior to that I don't see a lot of prospects.

Next years Maryville team will not be a stong canidate as well for another undefeated season. After that there is a run of several very strong to incredible classes in a row. Of course they will be in 5A by then and the weekly competiton should be better plus a run through the play-offs will be tougher.

I don't think it should end. Before the season started I was hearing some rumors of a down Maryville team...With that coaching I don't believe there will ever be a "down" team at Maryville. Sure, some miracle might happen for some lucky team in the playoffs, but I don't think it is very likely to happen in the regular season. Good luck to the Rebels and every team that plays them in the future. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think it should end. Before the season started I was hearing some rumors of a down Maryville team...With that coaching I don't believe there will ever be a "down" team at Maryville. Sure, some miracle might happen for some lucky team in the playoffs, but I don't think it is very likely to happen in the regular season. Good luck to the Rebels and every team that plays them in the future. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think it will be a lucky team that ends Maryville's current winning streak. I believe it will be a team that is definitely more talented, but here is the key: they also will be just as disciplined and unified of a team as Maryville. Coaching is obviously the final thing: it will have to be up to par with George Quarles (there aren't many in TN).

It will be by no accident or luck that a team beats Maryville and George Quarles. They will have earned it.

I don't think it will be a lucky team that ends Maryville's current winning streak. I believe it will be a team that is definitely more talented, but here is the key: they also will be just as disciplined and unified of a team as Maryville. Coaching is obviously the final thing: it will have to be up to par with George Quarles (there aren't many in TN).

It will be by no accident or luck that a team beats Maryville and George Quarles. They will have earned it.

Sorry, lucky was a bad way to say it...It's not easy to get lucky against the Rebels no matter who you are. I just really hope someone challenges Maryville. Their program has my utmost respect, but I would love to see them have a close game with someone that isn't Alcoa