USJ at Milan

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If USJ can hang with Milan then that means they can hang with Goodpasture, Lewis County, CPA, DCA, Camden, etc. etc., but the truth is USJ can't. Milan is by far the best team in 2a from West TN, and could beat any of these teams soundly. Usj I am not convinced yet, yes they are 5-0 but against who. Every team they have played they should have beat, yes HA had Marlon Brown but that's just one man.

USJ has beat TCA (a mediocre 1a team this year, Humboldt (a sound team but still not anywhere close to Milan), Dresden (well I think we all know how the Lions are), and Briarcrest (a Good D-II team, but still not a 2a caliber team). Milan has the harder schedule IMO, and therefore the Bulldogs will be more prepared. Though Milan has many turnovers they still have an average margin of victoy 3 td's on even the CLASS of West TN teams.

Milan Romps in this one, sorry USJ say goodbye to that undefeated record.

USJ vs Milan! This has to be the game of the week in West Tennessee. Both teams come into Friday night undefeated and tied for 1st place in Region 8AA. What a matchup! There is no doubt Milan has a great football team and a great coach, but USJ isnt playing around this year! For the last few years, USJ has had a tough time in Region 8AA...they have gotten beat like a red-headed step child and they are SICK of it! Thats why its about to change tomorrow night. USJ comes from behind and upsets the MIGHTY Milan Bulldogs 34-28!!! Go luck to both teams and hope nobody gets hurt! GO BRUINS!!!

Sorry everyone that I could not be here to speak my mind. Milan is the worst team in the state!!! USJ should beat them with the K-5 school kids right. WRONG!!! This is Milan not Briarcrest whose QB got hurt when up 12-0. Thats why they lost period. Harding Academy just got beat up on the scoreboard in a shootout. But USJ is ot going to throw for 400+ yards on Milan. That just not going to happen. Milan will be up 35-7 at half. FIREWORK ANYONE.

Husker says Milan 56-14!!! Silver Dodge 24's for any bets on this game see you there!!!

USJ vs Milan! This has to be the game of the week in West Tennessee. Both teams come into Friday night undefeated and tied for 1st place in Region 8AA. What a matchup! There is no doubt Milan has a great football team and a great coach, but USJ isnt playing around this year! For the last few years, USJ has had a tough time in Region 8AA...they have gotten beat like a red-headed step child and they are SICK of it! Thats why its about to change tomorrow night. USJ comes from behind and upsets the MIGHTY Milan Bulldogs 34-28!!! Go luck to both teams and hope nobody gets hurt! GO BRUINS!!!

The Bulldog says the USJ fans feelings will be hurt very badly tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Advisor

If USJ can hang with Milan then that means they can hang with Goodpasture, Lewis County, CPA, DCA, Camden, etc. etc., but the truth is USJ can't. Milan is by far the best team in 2a from West TN, and could beat any of these teams soundly. Usj I am not convinced yet, yes they are 5-0 but against who. Every team they have played they should have beat, yes HA had Marlon Brown but that's just one man.

USJ has beat TCA (a mediocre 1a team this year, Humboldt (a sound team but still not anywhere close to Milan), Dresden (well I think we all know how the Lions are), and Briarcrest (a Good D-II team, but still not a 2a caliber team). Milan has the harder schedule IMO, and therefore the Bulldogs will be more prepared. Though Milan has many turnovers they still have an average margin of victoy 3 td's on even the CLASS of West TN teams.

Milan Romps in this one, sorry USJ say goodbye to that undefeated record.

Ctownfootball........I like reading your posts on several different threads AND....I think I'm with you on this one...........I think....I TOO am sure that the Bulldogs will put it on the "School Formally Known as Old Hickory Academy" however... let's be honest now......Milan hasn't played the Green Bay Packers or USC! Your points are well taken...USJ isn't as deep and physical as Jeff's men but.......Booker T? The Pioneers? The Stangs? Although your point was comparing the difference in toughness of the Milan/USJ schedules which is accurate but barely! After this week, Milan's last 4 they can play their cheerleading squad most of the second halves! Many area schools have tougher competition during intersquads in mid-week practice! Good Luck Dogs! The pieces are falling into place!! Stay healthy!!

Sorry everyone that I could not be here to speak my mind. Milan is the worst team in the state!!! USJ should beat them with the K-5 school kids right. WRONG!!! This is Milan not Briarcrest whose QB got hurt when up 12-0. Thats why they lost period. Harding Academy just got beat up on the scoreboard in a shootout. But USJ is ot going to throw for 400+ yards on Milan. That just not going to happen. Milan will be up 35-7 at half. FIREWORK ANYONE.

Husker says Milan 56-14!!! Silver Dodge 24's for any bets on this game see you there!!!

The Briarcrest QB got hurt when USJ was up 28-12.

I'm backing sls on this one.

9 fumbles/3 lost, 1 interception, 5 punts, 33 penalties for 274 yards

Don't get me wrong. These numbers, except for the penalties, are still very good and much better than most, if not all, of the area's AA teams. But some of you guys get on here and make it seem like Milan is perfect. Talented, definitely. Unbeaten, so far - and I guess that's what really matters. I still think, however, that we have yet to see the Bulldogs play as well as they can for a complete game on both sides of the ball. That's not intended to be a knock on the players or coaches. In fact, it is a significant challenge this year, considering how strong they can be and that they've had pretty big leads - four or more touchdowns in the second half in every game, except Humboldt. It's easy to have a let down. Injuries have been a factor the last couple of weeks, too. I have to think, though, that at some point - maybe this week or in the one of following four, but for sure in the playoffs - they will need to put together a complete game in order to win.

Here's another point. If you like them or not, respect them or not - USJ is 5-0 coming in tomorrow night. They've put up big offensive numbers and scored lots of points. The Bruins have talent, too. You've got to believe that Coach Marley will have them fired up and ready - he's a really good coach, after all, taking three teams to state championship games. This is their best team since moving up to AA in '05.

One of these teams will be 6-0. The other will lose their first game of the season. We'll see who that is, on the field, tomorrow night. Best of luck to both Milan and USJ, and hope they have two great days of practice leading up to the big game.

We are not perfect, but the numbers you put up here sure do defend our point. 4 turnovers in 5 games is pretty good. 274 penalty yards equals about 54 yards a game. I would like it to be lower, but it is not bad. 5 punts in 5 games says alot also. The only problem with Milan is that it does seem like they put it in cruise control. It also says alot about them that they can turn the switch on and off. I really hate it for the 1st team that gets 4 full quarters of Milan. I believe that might happen tonight. We are going to miss J.W. in the secondary, but I think we will over come that with more pressure on their QB than he has seen all year.