USJ at Milan

bulldawgs#1

I have no problem, but I can see it's not near as much fun to take it as opposed to dishing it out. I think you know the answer to your own question and it's not lunch vouchers. Not looking for a fight or validation. Just simply wanted to compliment Milan on a great game and hoped you would do the same for the opposing team without qualifications of "if". Again, Milan has a good program and a lot of respect. I think you need to show the same when it is deserved and your last paragraph does so. Good luck the rest of the season.

When respect is earned I always show it. Milan has been earning respect for fifty years now. USJ earned some respect by playing a good game against Milan last night. They still have a long way to go in the respect department but if they keep fielding teams like this year's, and play clean football, they will earn a lot more in years to come. Again, a very respectable game last night and perhaps we will meet again in the playoffs.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When respect is earned I always show it. Milan has been earning respect for fifty years now. USJ earned some respect by playing a good game against Milan last night. They still have a long way to go in the respect department but if they keep fielding teams like this year's, and play clean football, they will earn a lot more in years to come. Again, a very respectable game last night and perhaps we will meet again in the playoffs.

I guess Tennessee has everyone's respect right now because they won the national championship 10 years ago. It's about right now, this year, these players. You're not the end all of high school football. Neither is USJ. Just trying to comment on last night's game and the great players that played- not delve back into years of issues- it's like your "clean football" comment. You just can't leave it alone. I'm now going to leave it alone and congratulate you and your team on a great game, but like you I will continue to support/defend my team as well.

Well next year USJ will be DII, will be able to officially recruit, and won't have to worry about enrollment. As it is, the multiplier is in place for a reason, and the best region 8AA team won last night with 4 important starters out. USJ will win several more games this year and will make the playoffs. Perhaps we'll meet again.

Enlighten us all BDD, what exactly is the reason the multiplier is in place? If you can clarify this you would have done something that no one else (including Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA) could. You know it's a shame USJ and JCS had to decide to make that move, cause I really think the next few years could see Milan coming in 2nd or 3rd in the region. USJ has a very young team and gave the bulldogs all they wanted this year. BTW BDD, I'm sure that just like me, all of USJ is just waiting anxiously for your respect. We'll probably just crumble without it.

I'm a sophomore that plays MLB on USJ's football team but I am not starting because Preston Overbey is starting in front of me and its hard to out play one of the Overbeys. First off, I want to say GREAT GAME MILAN! Both teams played GREAT and didn't give up. USJ played a great game last night with a lot of heart. We never gave up and we played with all that we had. Milan's running game did tend to run all over our defense, but I think that we came right back with our passing game. USJ couldn't run the ball through Milan's defensive line, but when we have the receiving trio Austin Martindale, Danny Smigielski, and Dusty Bright we don't really need to run as much. Don't get me wrong, I do think running game is VERY important, especially if you combine it with good receivers. The outcome was Milan beating USJ 42-35, but Usj did an amazing job facing the #2 team in the state. Good game Milan, I hope you come out winning the rest of your games.

It was a great game last night and I am very glad someone finally challenged us. We needed to face some adversity. As for all this talk going back and forth both sides need to understand something. People wouldn't believe some of the things players like I and BDD saw and heard on the field while playing against USJ in the past. So I guess it ruined some folks perceptions of USJ. But the best I can tell this attitude has graduated and the kids there now are good classy high school kids. I commend them on this. Back to the game. 12YOC....We've always had some struggles stopping the pass. And it's caused me to shake my head many times over the years. But what I'm saying with the injuries is....I don't think Holden and Morris thought these young kids could come up and lock up man to man and bump USJs talented receivers. We basically had to hold on last night with what we could. Again, USJ is a very good team and will finish second in the region barring us losing two games. Overbey is a great talent. He will haunt DII defenses the next several years and if he works at it maybe he'll be playing big time ball on saturdays. Good luck and hope to see you again in round 2 or 3.

When respect is earned??? What are you talking about? There are very few teams that have had the success as USJ over the last 15 years. I first gained my respect for Milan 15 years ago when many Milan fans showed up early to cheer on USJ at the state championship in Nashville in 1993. Milan played in the night game that day, but for them to attend the USJ game meant they had to leave a few hours earlier on that Friday to cheer on a fellow West TN team. I`m sure the USJ fans really appreciated the purple clad folks being there with their support. Since then both teams have returned twice to the state championship. If you follow high school football, I have a very hard time understanding why you`d make a comment that USJ has a long way to go in the respect department. They have been one of the most successful programs around in the last 15 years.

Great game both teams. Coaches both had good nights making good decisions and playing smart football. High scoring, exciting game. No doubt Milan has a good team with several different areas of strength. It is rather amusing though to hear Milan reasoning what the outcome would have been IF all their players would have been healthy. I wish USJ had over 650 students to choose a football team from like Milan does, instead of the less than 400 they have. It is really amazing to me that these guys from USJ are even competing with schools like Milan, much less going toe to toe with them. Maybe Milan will get to be "100%" next time - USJ players will still be going both ways and holding their own.

I understand your argument about school size. You won't have to worry about that next year. No disrespect was intended. The fact still remains J.W. Williams is probably the 3rd best all around player on the team. Oh, he plays both ways. Milan may be big, but a lot of their players play both sides of the ball.

I think we're actually closer to 550 or 570 but what's a hundred students. Yes I think we could have defended the pass better and made more plays offensively with the 4 starters on the field. That's how it works, that's why they're starters. Good luck to the bruins the rest of the year hope to see you again.

Actually, Milan's enrollment is 626.

Same back handed statement as in past years. This guy cannot say good game and move on. Always has to imply, insinuate otherwise. If USJ's starters were healthy (I can think of at least 3 important starters with injuries) the game could have turned out otherwise. USJ starters don't have the luxury to go out and let someone else fill their position like Milan due to depth. When will Milan make stop unofficially recruiting? Dresden?

You need to watch yourself there fella. You don't know exactly what you are talking about. I love how the private D1 schools get upset when people say that about them. Their response is always the same. You don't know what you are talking about. That answer goes well here. I know who you are talking about, and you don't know the situation so you should probably do what is best and post about something else.

I have no problem, but I can see it's not near as much fun to take it as opposed to dishing it out. I think you know the answer to your own question and it's not lunch vouchers. Not looking for a fight or validation. Just simply wanted to compliment Milan on a great game and hoped you would do the same for the opposing team without qualifications of "if". Again, Milan has a good program and a lot of respect. I think you need to show the same when it is deserved and your last paragraph does so. Good luck the rest of the season.

We respect the team. It is unintelligent posts that we disrespect.

Enlighten us all BDD, what exactly is the reason the multiplier is in place? If you can clarify this you would have done something that no one else (including Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA) could. You know it's a shame USJ and JCS had to decide to make that move, cause I really think the next few years could see Milan coming in 2nd or 3rd in the region. USJ has a very young team and gave the bulldogs all they wanted this year. BTW BDD, I'm sure that just like me, all of USJ is just waiting anxiously for your respect. We'll probably just crumble without it.

The multiplier was put in place because private schools don't have to adhere to any zoning laws. Hypothetically, you could live 50 miles from Jackson, and you could still attend USJ. That is not saying USJ recruits, it is saying that Public schools can't accept anyone outside of their zone. That is why the multiplier is in place.