USJ at Milan

bulldawgs#1

Great game both teams. Coaches both had good nights making good decisions and playing smart football. High scoring, exciting game. No doubt Milan has a good team with several different areas of strength. It is rather amusing though to hear Milan reasoning what the outcome would have been IF all their players would have been healthy. I wish USJ had over 650 students to choose a football team from like Milan does, instead of the less than 400 they have. It is really amazing to me that these guys from USJ are even competing with schools like Milan, much less going toe to toe with them. Maybe Milan will get to be "100%" next time - USJ players will still be going both ways and holding their own.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're actually closer to 550 or 570 but what's a hundred students. Yes I think we could have defended the pass better and made more plays offensively with the 4 starters on the field. That's how it works, that's why they're starters. Good luck to the bruins the rest of the year hope to see you again.

I think we're actually closer to 550 or 570 but what's a hundred students. Yes I think we could have defended the pass better and made more plays offensively with the 4 starters on the field. That's how it works, that's why they're starters. Good luck to the bruins the rest of the year hope to see you again.

According to the TSSAA fall enrollment numbers USJ=350 and Milan=626. But if you have a few hundred to spare, send them over. Especially the ones that are big and fast.

props to usj. overby is a beast. best qb i've seen in a long time. best team won tonight with a balanced offense. atta boy junior you played a fine game. if usj had a runnin game they would pretty much be unstoppable.congrats to my beloved dawgs. get healthy and go deep. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

props to usj. overby is a beast. best qb i've seen in a long time. best team won tonight with a balanced offense. atta boy junior you played a fine game. if usj had a runnin game they would pretty much be unstoppable.congrats to my beloved dawgs. get healthy and go deep.

See I like posts like this giving USJ some credit while congratulating the home team. It is unbelievable to see the Milan fans using the word IF. Things like IF we had all of our db's healthy then it would have been different. You know IF USJ had absolute thoroughbreds toting the football or IF they had a big strong line then they would be unstoppable. USJ does not have these things and deal with it the only way that they can. You know players get injured all the time in football. That is just a part of the game. What I saw last night was a typical Milan team. Hard-nosed, tough, physical, and deep at the running back spot. I saw an entire town supporting their team which is always an incredible sight to see. Milan Bulldog fans are the best fans in West Tennessee no comparison. I also saw an undersized USJ team step in a difficult environment to play in and match the number two team in the state in 2A punch for punch. Last night was a spectacular game to watch. Loved seeing the differing offensive schemes. Milan punches you in the mouth and USJ has to finesse. Milan is a very classy team and I tip my hat to them. It was a joy seeing good sportsmanship between the teams. All I want is for the Milan fans to stop using IF when talking about the final outcome. Good job to both teams.

New guy here- I have viewed this forum from time to time, but never posted. I went to the game. Milan's field looked in great shape. I especially liked the play clocks as very few high schools have this. As usual, Milan has a very deep and talented team. As usual, the fans were very friendly and went out of their way to be nice. USJ gave Milan all they wanted. Basically a team of 15-20 players against 50-60. USJ was fortunate to get out of there without getting hurt so many players never stepped off the field. Milan was fortunate to win.

USJ took our best defensive player (Avery) out of the game. The slot receiver (#17) would run the slant behind Avery and in front of the safety. That play was there all night (and many others) and Milan never adjusted to it.

IMO, all this starter talk is garbage. They would have helped on Offense but it wouldn't have mattered on defense with the scheme Milan kept playing. When a QB is dealing the way Overbey was you have got to do something scheme wise to break his rhythm and timing , but that didn't happen. He just sat in the pocket throwing to receivers who were running un-interupted clean routes. His ball is in air way before the receiver ever makes his break.

Great game both teams. Coaches both had good nights making good decisions and playing smart football. High scoring, exciting game. No doubt Milan has a good team with several different areas of strength. It is rather amusing though to hear Milan reasoning what the outcome would have been IF all their players would have been healthy. I wish USJ had over 650 students to choose a football team from like Milan does, instead of the less than 400 they have. It is really amazing to me that these guys from USJ are even competing with schools like Milan, much less going toe to toe with them. Maybe Milan will get to be "100%" next time - USJ players will still be going both ways and holding their own.

Well next year USJ will be DII, will be able to officially recruit, and won't have to worry about enrollment. As it is, the multiplier is in place for a reason, and the best region 8AA team won last night with 4 important starters out. USJ will win several more games this year and will make the playoffs. Perhaps we'll meet again.

Well next year USJ will be DII, will be able to officially recruit, and won't have to worry about enrollment. As it is, the multiplier is in place for a reason, and the best region 8AA team won last night with 4 important starters out. USJ will win several more games this year and will make the playoffs. Perhaps we'll meet again.

Same back handed statement as in past years. This guy cannot say good game and move on. Always has to imply, insinuate otherwise. If USJ's starters were healthy (I can think of at least 3 important starters with injuries) the game could have turned out otherwise. USJ starters don't have the luxury to go out and let someone else fill their position like Milan due to depth. When will Milan make stop unofficially recruiting? Dresden?

When will Milan make stop unofficially recruiting? Dresden?

I'm don't think this is even sentence, but I assume your talking about Coleman. Do you have a problem with a kid moving 20 miles to live with his father? And could you explain to me what milan would offer to their signees if they recruited? Scholarships to a public school? maybe free lunch vouchers?

Reguardless, this was a fun football game to watch. Like I said earlier, I was impressed with USJ. They are much better than in the past and should make the playoffs. A good QB and a few good recievers plus a line that protects well makes a team that is hard to defend. Nearly a thousand yards of total offense between the two teams. Fun to watch.

I'm don't think this is even sentence, but I assume your talking about Coleman. Do you have a problem with a kid moving 20 miles to live with his father? And could you explain to me what milan would offer to their signees if they recruited? Scholarships to a public school? maybe free lunch vouchers?

Reguardless, this was a fun football game to watch. Like I said earlier, I was impressed with USJ. They are much better than in the past and should make the playoffs. A good QB and a few good recievers plus a line that protects well makes a team that is hard to defend. Nearly a thousand yards of total offense between the two teams. Fun to watch.

I have no problem, but I can see it's not near as much fun to take it as opposed to dishing it out. I think you know the answer to your own question and it's not lunch vouchers. Not looking for a fight or validation. Just simply wanted to compliment Milan on a great game and hoped you would do the same for the opposing team without qualifications of "if". Again, Milan has a good program and a lot of respect. I think you need to show the same when it is deserved and your last paragraph does so. Good luck the rest of the season.