7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

The refs?

Last I checked Oakland had the guys foul out.

Messick was the only player that fouled out. By the way...if you only play 6 players, when you get to the end of the game and you are in a situation where you have to foul because you are behind, you are going to have someone foul out.

So now you have people thinking the officials were for Siegel when it was obvious to everyone in the gym that it was the exact opposite. The ONLY reason Oakland had ANYONE in foul trouble was because they were fouling at the end of the game.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entertaining game of the night ended up being at Blackman instead of Oakland. Wow what a game. Two overtimes and I also believe Blackman should have one the game but it just wasn't to be. Great game however. I have to give Blackman credit for giving it their all. It appears Blackman will live and die by the 3 point shot this year. If they are hitting, they can compete. IF not, it could get ugly but they never quit. I think Turnham is doing a great job of getting everything he can out of these players.

Cedric quit the Riverdale team after the cookeville loss and Mcdonald quit a week ago cedric leaving of riverdale is not legal but i guess if he doesnt want to be at RIVERDALE then so be it i will not go into that anymore

as far as the blackman game we came out killing them TJ drove the lane and hit some nice layups odom hit a 3 or so and craig was there cleaning up whatever shot might have been missed THEN for some reason we let off the pedal and let blackman get back in it they hit some big 3s we didnt score for probably a 5 minute stretch and straightup32 is right if blackman could have hit their free throws the game would have been over in regulation and that was the difference in the game in the 2nd Ot we got a 3 or 4 point lead and we hit our free throw and won by 10

I do not know what is going on with this WARRIOR TEAM we have some talent but it doesnt seem like we play together a lot of parents are not happy with things there are players sitting on the bench that should be playing and for some reason isnt playing...this was an excditing game BUT IT SHOULD not have been

MY WARRIORS HAVE GOT TO GET BACK TO HAVING FUN PLAYING A GAME OF BASKETBALL HAVE FUN AND YOU WILL WIN MORE RELAX AND PLAY BALL AND YOU WILL WIN MORE AND FINALLY PLAY AS A TEAM AND YOU WILL WIN MORE

GO WARRIORS

Messick was the only player that fouled out. By the way...if you only play 6 players, when you get to the end of the game and you are in a situation where you have to foul because you are behind, you are going to have someone foul out.

So now you have people thinking the officials were for Siegel when it was obvious to everyone in the gym that it was the exact opposite. The ONLY reason Oakland had ANYONE in foul trouble was because they were fouling at the end of the game.

not true at all. Oakland was trying for steals and got called for reaching in.

I mean how does Nick go to the free-throw line when he wasn't even shooting the ball or laying it in. Somehow the refs thought he was shooting.

The refs did not help either team it was actually called very good.

You got the win be happy. I mean Siegel pretty much got state locked up.

The Warren CO. -Lebanon game was postponed tonight with about 1 min. 30 sec left before halftime, due to a leaking roof , from all the rain today. Before the leak started Lebanon had hit 10 three's with seven of them coming from the hot hand of the ( X-man) Smith. Smith had 26 points and it was still in the first half ,before play was stopped with Lebanon scoring a whopping 61 points to Warren County's 29. No, details of when the game would be made-up.

According to Lebanon Democrat, game will resume Thursday Jan. 29 with 47.5 seconds remaining in 1st half and Lebanon up 61-29. Warren Co. comes to Lebanon the next night for their regularly scheduled game.

White County and Cookeville were tied at the half, but WC went extremely cold in the 2nd half. I don't believe WC hit a shot in the last 6 mins of the game thus losing by 19.

We need Puckett back! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Anyone the latest on Aaron?

According to Lebanon Democrat, game will resume Thursday Jan. 29 with 47.5 seconds remaining in 1st half and Lebanon up 61-29. Warren Co. comes to Lebanon the next night for their regularly scheduled game.

Why bother!!! Suspend the game and if it comes down to needing to be played to set the bracket, then play it. This game was over when the ball was tipped!!

Siegel/Oakland

I don't really have a connection to either school, but went to the game to see a good high school basketball game. I thought that it was a very evenly officiated game. Here is what I learned: Siegel has a lot of talent on the floor but the Chris Farley look alike sitting on the bench is a TERRIBLE COACH. #34 can jump out of the gym but can't hit a free throw for nothing, so why have him on the floor the last 2 minutes?(poor coaching) #35 could score 30 if they would just get him the ball more. Overall they shot the ball great as a team(other than free throws), were pretty quick and had a lot of depth. I'm not sure if Oakland just had a bad night shooting or just arent a very good shooting team. They had a hard time rebounding (giving up a little size to Siegel) and they have no depth. However, they were in the game to the end thanks to a good 4th quarter effort and great coaching. I don't think anyone has to worry about Siegel winning state as long as Chris Farley is sitting on the bench. I would like to see what Siegel could do with Oakland's coach.......just my two cents

Siegel/Oakland

I don't really have a connection to either school, but went to the game to see a good high school basketball game. I thought that it was a very evenly officiated game. Here is what I learned: Siegel has a lot of talent on the floor but the Chris Farley look alike sitting on the bench is a TERRIBLE COACH. #34 can jump out of the gym but can't hit a free throw for nothing, so why have him on the floor the last 2 minutes?(poor coaching) #35 could score 30 if they would just get him the ball more. Overall they shot the ball great as a team(other than free throws), were pretty quick and had a lot of depth. I'm not sure if Oakland just had a bad night shooting or just arent a very good shooting team. They had a hard time rebounding (giving up a little size to Siegel) and they have no depth. However, they were in the game to the end thanks to a good 4th quarter effort and great coaching. I don't think anyone has to worry about Siegel winning state as long as Chris Farley is sitting on the bench. I would like to see what Siegel could do with Oakland's coach.......just my two cents

SOme people are going to take this the wrong but I hope everyone reads and comprehends what I am saying.

When I look at this oakland team they are a great example of why Randy King is a hall of fame coach. On paper Oakland has two players that can play but yet they are going to always be in a game at the end. They are not an offensive jugernaut but their defense keeps them in games.

Siegel is a very talented team and they are very dangerous i still dont think they have gelled yet(not good for eveyone else)

The entertaining game of the night ended up being at Blackman instead of Oakland. Wow what a game. Two overtimes and I also believe Blackman should have one the game but it just wasn't to be. Great game however. I have to give Blackman credit for giving it their all. It appears Blackman will live and die by the 3 point shot this year. If they are hitting, they can compete. IF not, it could get ugly but they never quit. I think Turnham is doing a great job of getting everything he can out of these players.

Wow! Last night was the first game I have seen this year. The talent level at Riverdale and Blackman is really down this year. Is it down that much throughout 7AAA? Looking at the posts I assume Siegel, Oakland, and Lebanon are going to be the powers. In my opinion Turnham was out coached last night. Blackman appeared to have the better talent and more experienced players. Did any of the players from Riverdale play last year? In Turnham's defense he really does not have a go to player. JD will be good but he has to work on his offense. A player of his size needs more moves and he has to be more physical inside. Kenneth hustles more than anyone on the team but sometimes he needs to be less aggressive. If he could get his shot going he could be a big help. Turnham really misses Alex Carter as all of us in the stands do. We were all commenting last night how much we miss watching him play. When you needed a go to player it was always Alex and most of the time he delivered. The coach has to establish a go to guy when things are tight at the end of the game or overtime. I can't believe he wanted Smith to be the one taking 3 point shots at the end of the game. It allowed Riverdale to take over the 2nd overtime and I was very surprised to see Turnham let that happen. Looks like Blackman has some young players so hopefully this game will help them down the road.