7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

Been watching games in this district for more years than I care to count and regretfully as far as watching talented players go, this will be my last year in the current 7AAA. It would be hard to say who is the best to ever come out. Being a tried and true Sparta person, as far as great high school players who got the most of what they did it would be hard to argue with Jolly, Gribble and Austin. No matter how talented or how much success was enjoyed later, they took their teams to the peak of high school basketball. They all had great college careers at levels where they knew they would excel. All three scored over a 1000 points and started almost every game. Actually, Brent didn't start as a freshman at Tech, but was a key sixth man. Kyle could have probably gone higher than carson Newman, but elected to go somewhere that he could play both. it would have been scary to see what kind of numbers either of the three would have put up at a junior college.

Having said all that, through the years there have been some outstanding players. I would guess that everyone has their picks for best. The players who have the best post high school careers were not necessarily the best high school players. Ramsey was a good high school player. He may go farther than any other, but to do that he would have to make it in the NBA. I'm going to toss out a name for you young guys who have no idea about the history of this district. Remember a guy by the name of Sasha Danilovic. He was from Serbia and went on to make quite a name for himself in the NBA. He was an exchange student and played at Cookeville. Hard to argue with what he did in the NBA. Tim and Leon Corder were both great players. Gerald King, Matt Coble, Chaisson Allen, Ronnie Robinson. They were all great too. We will have to agree to disagree on who was the best. Picking an all time starting five in this district would be an exceptional team. No one will every agree on who it would be because we all are going to lean toward our personal favorites. I will just say, I have loved to get to watch these teams and talented players go at it on the court for the past 25 years.

Thanks...great post

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, Ive seen a ton of bad officials, but tonights game tops it off.

I got up this morning to find myself a day off and decided to see what was happening on 'CoachT'. I haven't posted in a while so I logon and, BANG, what do I find?, a siegel poster complaining! For a brief moment, I thought I was reading 'Harris' Hooligan's' circa 2005. What is it about the 'Stars' that causes supporters to feel like they are entitled to special treatment? When they get the same fair treatment of others, they scream, "Foul!" It becomes so sickening to read a post from a guy like 'SiegelGrad' that it actually borders on entertainment.

You want to know why people hold a vendetta against Siegel, this is why. It always is something at fault, when you cant admit that maybe, just maybe the opposition was up to snuff.

I couldn't agree more.

I give all the credit to Cookeville for keeping it that close, but if you dont agree those refs were awful.............. THOSE REFS WERE THE WORST.

Uh, huh. Typical. You giveth and you taketh away.

Congrats on the 2 point loss

Are you kidding me?

When Oakland gets eliminated, i always root like heck for the rest of our district and region

Me, too. Except for Siegel.

Some things never change.

I got up this morning to find myself a day off and decided to see what was happening on 'CoachT'. I haven't posted in a while so I logon and, BANG, what do I find?, a siegel poster complaining! For a brief moment, I thought I was reading 'Harris' Hooligan's' circa 2005. What is it about the 'Stars' that causes supporters to feel like they are entitled to special treatment? When they get the same fair treatment of others, they scream, "Foul!" It becomes so sickening to read a post from a guy like 'SiegelGrad' that it actually borders on entertainment.

I couldn't agree more.

Uh, huh. Typical. I giveth and I taketh away.

Are you kidding me?

Great post.

To be honest, Ive seen a ton of bad officials, but tonights game tops it off. They were out for Siegel from the beggining, Siegel was playing 8 on 5 all night. Larry Moe and Curly need to be fired from TSSAA. They were ATROCIOUS. Late in the game Hammonds throws a guy off glass, cleanest play all night and they whistle him for a foul. Like they must have sight problems. Ive never been more outraged in a game ive been at since ive graduated. And TJ I know about Chaissons offers hes definately one of the best ever from the district, I just feel Keith had the most upside by far. And 85warrior, just to point out Mizzou>Trevecca

Didn't Ramsey go to some school called Okaloosa-Walton out of high school? Now thats a huge program. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good to see him move on to a bigger school.

Don't judge Siegel by one obnoxious grad. Cookeville played a good game last night and deserve more credit than blaming the officiating for the close score. It just proves that all the games are played for a reason. Siegel's not going to take anybody in the district for granted especially not Oakland come Friday night. Should be a good game as usual between those two.

Didn't Ramsey go to some school called Okaloosa-Walton out of high school? Now thats a huge program. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

To Keith's defense, he had to go somewhere to get his grades up as he didnt take the academic side of the student-athlete to seriously early on in high school career. Okaloosa-Walton is one of the better JC programs in the country.

I couldn't agree more.

Uh, huh. Typical. You giveth and you taketh away.

Are you kidding me?

YEAH THANKS MAN I CARE ALOT ABOUT YOUR OPINION, ILL REALLY THINK BEFORE I SAY ANYTHING NEXT TIME!

He could have gone to TTU, Carson Newman or trevecca out of high school but he wwanted to go somewhere big so he had to go to a juco.

Don't judge Siegel by one obnoxious grad. Cookeville played a good game last night and deserve more credit than blaming the officiating for the close score. It just proves that all the games are played for a reason. Siegel's not going to take anybody in the district for granted especially not Oakland come Friday night. Should be a good game as usual between those two.

I gave credit to them, but were we at the same game? those officials were some of the worst ive seen.

Um yeah where did they play college ball, it could be somewhere legit for all I know but I wasnt into high school basketball back then.

As for the 'best high school player from 7AAA', you take into account what they did in high school, not college. Ramsey was a nice high school player but was not a dominant force. He often disappeared in big games and, despite being 6'8" (or whatever he was), he played small.

As for comments like, "if Ramsey wasn't 6'8", he couldn't have started",.....well, that's just ridiculous. That line of logic could lead you to say, "If Chris Johnson wasn't so quick, he never would have made the Titans", or "if Kareem didn't have the hook shot, the Lakers would never have won all those championships", or "if Barry Bonds hadn't used steroids....." wait, you can say that. Other than Barry Bonds and the steroid thing, those are the God-given things that make the players great. You can't just take those things away.

There have been many, many great players in this district. To try and pick out the absolute best would be futile. You would never be able to come to a consensus among readers. Older posters have seen players that younger posters might never have even heard of. An interesting idea, but virtually impossible.