7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

so you are telling me that everytime you come down to White County or Cookeville, you get screwed? highly unlikely

Warrior is right (cant believe i'm sayin this again) lol. Both teams just play well at home. Sparta's homecourt advantage is the best in the district IMO. Cookeville is an extremely hard place to play, combination of gym size, only gym with stand-up goals , (and fans will come out for big games on occasion) ha. But the rivalry lives on, it is a great one.

And the reserve seats down in the bottom at White County are harder to get than Green Bay Packer season tickets. Get on the list. Wait for years and years and years. Glad I got my season tickets a loooooong time ago. I know I will have a seat tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look i dont care wether you are a siegel, oakland, or whoever fan, everyone knows that when you go to cookeville and white county you get screwed somehow.

i was at the game at cookeville and the officiating was TERRIBLE BOTH ways. both teams absolutely battled their a###s off and both deserve tons of credit. just wait til oakland goes to cookeville Siegelgrad. they will be on here talking about the refs too. again...cookeville is a very good team and my hat is off to them, but the officiating is in fact rediculous when you go to cookeville.

I learned a valuable lesson from a very wise man long ago: You never ever pin your teams failures on the officiating, no matter how questionable or controversial it may be. Blaming the officiating is indirectly what is wrong with most people and their children these days. We teach them that its no big deal if you fall short, just find a convenient scapegoat and all will be well, instead of being responsible for your actions and learning from your mistakes.

Just because Cookeville and White Co. are tough places to play does not mean the officiating is any different than the other 6 schools in the district. Difference bewteen an Oakland and Siegel fan, is that we tip our hat to the opposition, win or lose, you guys just like to pin it on the refs.

so you are telling me that everytime you come down to White County or Cookeville, you get screwed? highly unlikely

Warrior is right (cant believe i'm sayin this again) lol. Both teams just play well at home. Sparta's homecourt advantage is the best in the district IMO. Cookeville is an extremely hard place to play, combination of gym size, only gym with stand-up goals , (and fans will come out for big games on occasion) ha. But the rivalry lives on, it is a great one.

home court advantage???? home court advantage doesnt get you beat 93-63 at home. home court advantage def belongs to siegel now. i cant remember the last time we lost a home game. i think it was white co. at the beginning of last season meaning siegel didnt lose a game all of 08 and not yet in 09. im going to research and find out the record exactly @ siegel.

I learned a valuable lesson from a very wise man long ago: You never ever pin your teams failures on the officiating, no matter how questionable or controversial it may be. Blaming the officiating is indirectly what is wrong with most people and their children these days. We teach them that its no big deal if you fall short, just find a convenient scapegoat and all will be well, instead of being responsible for your actions and learning from your mistakes.

Just because Cookeville and White Co. are tough places to play does not mean the officiating is any different than the other 6 schools in the district. Difference bewteen an Oakland and Siegel fan, is that we tip our hat to the opposition, win or lose, you guys just like to pin it on the refs.

did you not read the post that you replied to???? i didnt tip my hat to cookeville?? i have stated multiple times on here that cookeville is a very talented team and ive given my respect to oakland and coach king. so once again, please know what you are talking about before you just start typing stuff.

And the reserve seats down in the bottom at White County are harder to get than Green Bay Packer season tickets. Get on the list. Wait for years and years and years. Glad I got my season tickets a loooooong time ago. I know I will have a seat tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

im sure you will leave those reserve seats by halftime tonight too!!! lol. and please dont forget that there is nothing to do in sparta. its either watching basketball or milking cows. cows are milked in the morning so all there is to do at night is go to basketball games. thats why the gyms are so packed. and as my Nation chanted when we sent you home with a butt whoopin a few weeks ago....start your tractors!!!!

did you not read the post that you replied to???? i didnt tip my hat to cookeville?? i have stated multiple times on here that cookeville is a very talented team and ive given my respect to oakland and coach king. so once again, please know what you are talking about before you just start typing stuff.

But you guys cant stop there, for Cookeville, it is the refs, for Oakland and Coach King, it is this silly notion that they play a cupcake schedule and that he is incapable of winning the big one. I very much know what I am talking about.

They are both great home court advantages, but clearly Siegel is a good one as well. I have not seen that crew of refs at any other Siegel game I have been to, are you sure they work in rutherford co also Warrior?

and did anyone catch that Titans Ravens game, talk about screwy officiating.

I have went to games in the Boro many times and seen the same refs there as we have here.

Titans gave the game away with turnovers.

im sure you will leave those reserve seats by halftime tonight too!!! lol. and please dont forget that there is nothing to do in sparta. its either watching basketball or milking cows. cows are milked in the morning so all there is to do at night is go to basketball games. thats why the gyms are so packed. and as my Nation chanted when we sent you home with a butt whoopin a few weeks ago....start your tractors!!!!

Nobody will be leaving at the half tonight. I've lived in Sparta all my life{thank goodness} and I don't even know anyone that milks cows. And if all there is to do is watch basketball that's a good thing. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The seats are full because we love White County basketball.

home court advantage???? home court advantage doesnt get you beat 93-63 at home. home court advantage def belongs to siegel now. i cant remember the last time we lost a home game. i think it was white co. at the beginning of last season meaning siegel didnt lose a game all of 08 and not yet in 09. im going to research and find out the record exactly @ siegel.

Siegel lost to Cookeville Jan. 22nd of 2008 at Siegel. Guess Cookeville brought their refs with them. LOL!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nobody will be leaving at the half tonight. I've lived in Sparta all my life{thank goodness} and I don't even know anyone that milks cows. And if all there is to do is watch basketball that's a good thing. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The seats are full because we love White County basketball.

So i did what i promised and did a little research on Siegel's homecourt advantage:

last 2 seasons: 16-3 84% winning percentage

Since the school opened: 52-18 74% winning percentage

i would say thats pretty good and would like to see if any other school in the district can rival those numbers.

p.s. oaklands non-district cupcake games against tullahoma and coffee co. doesnt count.

Siegel lost to Cookeville Jan. 22nd of 2008 at Siegel. Guess Cookeville brought their refs with them. LOL!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

white county has lost 3 in a row to Siegel...guess they should have brought their refs with them!!

So i did what i promised and did a little research on Siegel's homecourt advantage:

last 2 seasons: 16-3 84% winning percentage

Since the school opened: 52-18 74% winning percentage

i would say thats pretty good and would like to see if any other school in the district can rival those numbers.

p.s. oaklands non-district cupcake games against tullahoma and coffee co. doesnt count.

white county has lost 3 in a row to Siegel...guess they should have brought their refs with them!!

And before that White County had beaten Siegel 5 times in a row. Ha!