Tennessee High @ Johnson Co.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game could get ugly in a variety of ways. Tennessee High held off a fiesty Raiders club this past Friday and load the bus to travel to Mountain City to take on a rising Johnson Co. bunch. Let's talk about it! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This one should be interesting to say the least. At the start of the year I felt like these two would compete for the conference because of their talent. Going into this game it comes down to who can get enough healthy people on the field to win. This has been the worst year I can ever remember for injuries for JC. From what I have read it is the same for TN High. I do take my hat off to our guys that have stepped up. We are continuing to win because of some young guys who are showing us the future of Longhorn football. Also, Nate is running the ball great. Congrats man for making the most of your opportunity. We didnt get everyone back on the field at Unicoi that I had expected so hopefully we will this week but we are all holding our breath until we see what is wrong with Prudhomme. He would leave a huge gap to fill. Phipps is playing unbelivable football also. He played the best individual game last night that I may have ever seen. He may not be the best QB, linebacker, and now kicker or punter in this area but he is the best football player. My prediction is we finally pull it off. JC-35 THS-21. Good luck to both teams

Well I watched the Vikings and Raiders last night and it was a fine game to watch. For a half I thought the Vikes looked like a very fine football team. It was vintage Viking Football, the long ground drives, and the solid defense. Then in the second half North looked to be the better team. I have seen the Longhorns play once this year, and they have the ability to throw the ball and THS does not seem to have the ability to defend the pass. I think this will be the battle for third in the conference, as I believe Elizabethton and South to be superior to both of these teams(all ready proven against the Horns). The Vikings are not a healthy team right now............Horns 28 Vikings 23

Good Luck to Both

How is the Johnson Co. run defense? Keenan Shephard for the Vikings ran like a man possessed last night until getting his shoulder nicked up a little bit in the second half. He could be a handful.

According to the MLC website, the Longhorns are ranked 6th in the conference in total defense and ranked 7th in rushing defense, allowing an average of 207 yards rushing. This is for the first five games.

Guest longhorns51

This has to be the game of the week. JC coming off a big win over Unicoi, and THS holding off North. Both teams have caught the injury bug. I dont know how bad THS RB is hurt. I have heard that its not bad. Prudhomme on the other hand will have his MRI monday, so lets hope for the best. Good news for the longhorns is Shelton is coming back this week. (last I heard) Big head did a great job running the ball, and IMO we should put adam at WR if Prudhomme can not go, and leave big head at RB. The O line is doing great, keep it up boys. Phipps is doing great at passing as well as making decions. Ian has really came together as the season has gone on. I just hope he is ready to take over as #1 WR. Our D has stepped it up. All of you THS fans said how great Unicois' QB was. THS D must be really weak to allow DW to do what he did.

I have been looking forward to this game all year. Its going to be a close one all the way through. But I feel we have what it takes to hold the Vikings off this year. This is the year, THS is weak so we need to kick them while they are down. Good luck Horns this is the last time you will play THS, so make it count.

This game could get ugly in a variety of ways. Tennessee High held off a fiesty Raiders club this past Friday and load the bus to travel to Mountain City to take on a rising Johnson Co. bunch. Let's talk about it!

i don't know how jc will do this week our best reciever and kicker prudomme is hurt and probably won't play and sam tester is probably want play but not sure on that one. but our defense is playing better and if we have 2 people step up on offense we will be ok

Guest longhorns51

i don't know how jc will do this week our best reciever and kicker prudomme is hurt and probably won't play and sam tester is probably want play but not sure on that one. but our defense is playing better and if we have 2 people step up on offense we will be ok

Last i heard Sam Tester is able to play this week. Depends how he does in practice.

I know for a fact that sam tester is playing against TH and i know that there will be some people to step up and play our team doesnt evolve around one person.were a team and were starting to play like one i think this is our year /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Johnson Co. will have to beat the Vikings passing, their run defense is stout this year, as usual. Sullivan North, a run dominate offense, was held in check on all but four/five plays, the fullback was neutralized. On those four or five plays, North got the corner. How is the Longhorn running game? (I would prefer an unbiased opinion from a third party)