Tennessee High @ Johnson Co.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is coming from someone who has watched film on the longhorns all week. The "injury" that #18 went down with was more like a slip and fall. Now, I know that you can still mess up a knee doing what he did, but the Vikings have still Prepared for a pretty good longhorn team all week, with or without 18. It will be no "surprise" when we see 18 on the field Friday night. Vikings keep showing that they are going to win the conference this year with another "W" on Friday. GO VIKES!!!!

Prudehomme #18 is truly out for the season. That ???slip??? could happen to anybody at any moment so you should be careful when trying to discredit his injury. You always hate to see a player get injured, but when it??™s one of the PREEMINENT players in the Mountain Lakes Conference for at least the second year straight, and in his senior year /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ??¦it just that much harder to swallow. I know you probably meant no wrong but this kid has earned, deserves, and should get nothing but RESPECT from his fellow competitors.

Longhorn basketball needs to stop running his mouth because prudomme is playin and sam told everyone yesterday that he is playing so you dont know anything basketball isnt even a contact sport so stop talking..

What's more, Johnson County will have to play shorthanded this week as well. Do-everything senior Christian Prudhomme is done for the year after a knee injury during last week's win at Unicoi County.

The team's top receiver and arguably the conference's best kicker/punter, Prudhomme also starts on defense and is just about irreplaceable.

"He's one of the players we've lost several of," Stubbs said, acknowledging Prudhomme's importance.

Even without Prudhomme, the Longhorns' offense should still pose plenty of challenges for THS' defense.

By Bucky Dent

TriCitiesSports.com

October 7, 2008

Why don't you give it up! Do you really think that this High School football game it that important that Christian would fake a serious injury...and for what. What are you expecting to gain by saying he is going to play?

What's more, Johnson County will have to play shorthanded this week as well. Do-everything senior Christian Prudhomme is done for the year after a knee injury during last week's win at Unicoi County.

The team's top receiver and arguably the conference's best kicker/punter, Prudhomme also starts on defense and is just about irreplaceable.

"He's one of the players we've lost several of," Stubbs said, acknowledging Prudhomme's importance.

Even without Prudhomme, the Longhorns' offense should still pose plenty of challenges for THS' defense.

By Bucky Dent

TriCitiesSports.com

October 7, 2008

Why don't you give it up! Do you really think that this High School football game it that important that Christian would fake a serious injury...and for what. What are you expecting to gain by saying he is going to play?

Simple answer is they are kids trying to keep THS guessing. Fact is the story is out there and I agree that he deserves respect for what he done not only at JC but in the MLC. All-State as a junior is a big deal at any school in the MLC and he was well on pace to do it again. I realize what the JC fans/players are trying to do but it is out there in the press guys so it does need to be let go. Everybody else needs to do their part to step up and make up as best you can for this loss. You guys have done it all year so this will be no different. Go Horns!!

everyone is goin to step up..the horns do not revolove around one player phipps can kick the ball into the endzone 3 of 3 times so no wry's about that but prudommes is a great player no dout but im confident that everyone will play twice as hard because last time we play em.

I agree 100% and that is a great attitude to have. Everybody knows what you have done the last several weeks in stepping up and I know you will do it again. Take it to them tomorrow. I have confidence in you guys.

Guest longhorns51

By Bucky Dent

TriCitiesSports.com

October 7, 2008

Look, we all know that he is not going to play. But our team was told to not talk about it. So when someone gets on here running off at the mouth they need to be told to shut up. We dont care if you guys know he is playing or not. We will beat you without him. Yes we loss a big passing threat and a kicker. But you act like he is the only one who can catch the ball. We still have a kicker the only dfference is now you get a chance to return our kickoffs. We will still throw all over your D. THS heard Prudhomme was out and you thought you already won the game. Thats what we wanted.

Look, we all know that he is not going to play. But our team was told to not talk about it. So when someone gets on here running off at the mouth they need to be told to shut up. We dont care if you guys know he is playing or not. We will beat you without him. Yes we loss a big passing threat and a kicker. But you act like he is the only one who can catch the ball. We still have a kicker the only dfference is now you get a chance to return our kickoffs. We will still throw all over your D. THS heard Prudhomme was out and you thought you already won the game. Thats what we wanted.

Longhorns your a good one to be talking about someone running there mouth because you do your share of it on here and we all know how much prudomme means to jc so say what you want but jc is not the same team without him. So to say you want miss a beat without him is stupid. WE all know how you are because after the betsy game you weren't going to post on here any more. You eat crow real well.

I don't think the THS players and coaches are that cocky...at least they shouldn't be considering their largest margin of victory thus far has been 11 points.

I find it interesting that 3 of Tennessee High's 4 victories basically mirror eachother. THS started strong in the first half, making it look like the games were going to be blowouts. Then the opponents mounted a comeback. In two of those games the Vikings had to hold on for dear life to come out victorious. The only exception this year has been the Unicoi Co. game. I wasn't there, but I believe that was the one time the Vikes came in over confident. I'm sure they've learned their lesson, however; they have no reason to come into this game over confident. Unless something drastic happens, the Longhorns need to win 3 out of their remaining 4 games to make the playoffs. They'll come out fired up Friday night.