Region One

Cowboy Curtis

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how Greeneville did tonight. i know they had DB an betsy

Well KEV-O, it wasn't a pretty site against DB. G'ville only won 4 matches. 119(King), 140(Norton), 145(Brimer), 160(Myers). We bumped up almost every weight class to fill in some holes. The football players are not in wrestling shape yet either. Not taking anything away from DB's win, they really took it to us last night. I think if we wrestled them again in a few weeks, it would be a much closer match. Not sure of the final score but it was bad.

G'ville beat Betsy, not sure of the score.

I think the shocker was Jeff County beating DB 45-30 or 51-30. This maybe Jeff's year. They are deep and really good.

MY rankings for Region 1 Teams Dec. 3, 2008

1) Science Hill

2) Jeff County

3) Kingsport DB

4) Greeneville

5) Sullivan East (could be higher or lower because of 3 weights unfilled, very good squad)

6) Morristown West

7) Daniel Boone

8) West Greene

In the wings: No specific order

Chuckey Doak, Morristown East, Elizabethton, Cocke County, Tn High, David Crockett, Sullivan South, Hancock County, Volunteer

Sullivan East will have all but one weight class filled after Christmas. We are minus four starters from last year with two wrestlers out for the year with season ending ailments. Both wrestlers were two of our better wrestlers too. One of those wrestlers is battling cancer right now. He is going to have surgery tomorrow and could use everyone's prayers.

Sullivan East will have all but one weight class filled after Christmas. We are minus four starters from last year with two wrestlers out for the year with season ending ailments. Both wrestlers were two of our better wrestlers too. One of those wrestlers is battling cancer right now. He is going to have surgery tomorrow and could use everyone's prayers.

He and the Sullivan East Wrestling family are in my prayers.

Jeff Co looked really good. Good to see Anderson on the bench for Jeff Co also saw Watkins I thought he was done. I really like new coach he is very engeritic. Very good at 103,130,135,140,145,152,160,171,189, from what I saw last night they kick DB's butt physically. Good luck Gut and Jeff Co.

Any results from last night? How bad will the Hill beat Greenville and DB? It's awful quite on king Hill. Does Jeff Co. stand a chance against them or is the Hill to good?

Hulk, take your questions and turn them into statements and I think you will have your answers.

*SH beats Greeneville solid, GHS FB players now in wrestling shape keep the score close. GHS sweeps 189,215 & 285. The problem is they don't wrestle during the regular season.

*SH controls the match against DB more solid than the score as there will be more decisions than pins. The Mann boys help keep the score tighter.

*JCounty looks good from what I hear (look and hear /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> grammatically that can't be right) JC is a physical team and The Toppers will be black and blue, but will win by 15 -20 points over the Patriots.

In the MY poll, I have them ranked 1)SH 2)JC 3)DB 4)GHS

Again, good questions Hulk.