Gallatin vs. Overton

Gwave2010

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post your thoughts....Gallatin comes off a win over Antioch and Overton comes off a loss to Hunters Lane..

Overton is avg 15 points a game while giving up 28. But they are passing for an avg of 200+ a game. They run out of the I-formation so they will attack our defense straight on. They played Hunters Lane tough for a while before the athletes of the Lane took over. It will be no surprise that Gallatin will be heavily favored in this contest. Overton's defense is giving up a lot of yardage and points which really plays into our hand. But,...you can't overlook anyone. Overton has beaten us twice in the last three years both of which I thought we would win. However, in all honesty the Green Wave really should win this game. The big question is will there be over 50 fans in the stands cheering for them. I say under.

The Bobcats looked pretty rough against Hunters Lane last week with the exception of the one 10:05 drive to start the second half. They seem to have the ability to throw the ball, but I don't think they are consistent enough to play 4 quarters with the Green Wave. Gallatin needs to keep doing what they did against Antioch, feed the ball to Holder and throw in that pass to keep them honest. I just don't think Overton's D is good enough to contain Gallatin's offense this year.

The Bobcats looked pretty rough against Hunters Lane last week with the exception of the one 10:05 drive to start the second half. They seem to have the ability to throw the ball, but I don't think they are consistent enough to play 4 quarters with the Green Wave. Gallatin needs to keep doing what they did against Antioch, feed the ball to Holder and throw in that pass to keep them honest. I just don't think Overton's D is good enough to contain Gallatin's offense this year.

I agree. Holder has to be the workhorse. Not only does it open up the passing game but also allows Matthews to get some quality yards. Last week it looked like Antioch was keying on Matthews which allowed Holder to do some things. Its good to have both. This year the play calling has been very good. Even the Smyrna game wasn't as bad as it has been. Hopefully Gallatin can keep it up. Lots of people are making plays right now. I am curious as to how many wrinkles we have not seen yet. I really wish we could hit Holder out in the flat in some space just to see what his speed could do.