QUARTERFINALS

patriot04

Ok folk its time for the quarterfinals. The second didn't do that great so everybody come on and vote. There is a team that shouldn't be here.

Left side

1.MBA vs 3.Oakland

MBA comin off first loss.

1.Franklin vs 2.MUS

Franklin should not be here cuz they lost to brentwood.

Right side

1.Maryville vs 2.Henry co

Could be this years championship game.

1.Farragut vs 3.Hillsboro

This would be a very good game.

oakland in an upset over mba 21-17

mus wins by two scores over an overrated franklin team 28-14

farragut barely squeaks by hillsboro 24-21

maryville extends the streak with a big win 34-21 based solely on their flawless execution and unselfish team first play

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok folk its time for the quarterfinals. The second didn't do that great so everybody come on and vote. There is a team that shouldn't be here.

Left side

1.MBA vs 3.Oakland

MBA comin off first loss.

1.Franklin vs 2.MUS

Franklin should not be here cuz they lost to brentwood.

Right side

Could be this years championship game.

This would be a very good game.

MBA

MUS

HC

Hillsboro

oakland in an upset over mba 21-17

mus wins by two scores over an overrated franklin team 28-14

farragut barely squeaks by hillsboro 24-21

maryville extends the streak with a big win 34-21 based solely on their flawless execution and unselfish team first play

Hillsboro and Farragut will not play in the State game. Hillsboro is with Maryville and Henry.

1.MBA vs 3.Oakland

I'd have to take MBA in this game. Granted, I don't know much about Oakland except for that they're having a stellar season. MBA is just too big of a powerhouse for them in this one

1.Franklin vs 2.MUS

MUS in a squeeker. MUS has an incredible deal of talent on both sides of the ball, and they're well discplined. Not to say that Franklin isn't - really, this could be a toss up. I'm more familiar with MUS, though.

I hope not to catch any heat for this, but take this pick with a grain of salt as there is bias involved. I'll say Henry County wins in a nailbiter. I know how disciplined and blue-collar this year's Maryville team is, but Henry County's offense is just explosive. Their defense isn't to shabby either. Another one of those toss-up games.

Hillsboro's record is misleading. They've played stiff competition, and have been a few plays and breaks away from being undefeated. Farragut is obviously one of the top teams in 5A. I hate to make a pick in this one, as it is ANOTHER toss up. Due to to familiarity with the explosiveness that Hillboro has, though, I'd have to take them in this one.

MBA over Oakland

despite a loss, mba is still mba. their coaching, execution, and smashmouth style does it.

MUS over Franklin

despite losing to brentwood, i woudnt say franklin is undeserving of this spot, they are a very talented team. nonetheless, ill go with MUS in this one.

Maryville over Henry Co.

I know HC is looking great this year and i cant wait for the possible HC/Hillsboro rematch of 2 years ago. though, you still cannot pick against maryville.

Hillsboro over Farragut

Farragut seems to be a very strong, well-balanced team. Hillsboro has too much speed/athleticism/playmakers. losses came in 1-score margins to MBA and Franklin.