BA vs MBA

singlewing

We will see just how good the MBA coach is. It is easy to coach player when you are winning. But getting them up after losing to one of their biggest rivals is another story. Especially when your next game is against BA. Let me here what the rest of you think.

I believe MBA has a hang-over as they to to BA!

BA - 28

MBA -21

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree that MBA is the better team, but when you have as many athletes as BA you can beat anyone, just not consistently if they dont have the coaching. Coach Elliott and Redman have been there for half the season now and im sure the players are adjusting to their coaching ways. I still think MBA will win but it will be a hard win.

I would agree that MBA is the better team, but when you have as many athletes as BA you can beat anyone, just not consistently if they dont have the coaching. Coach Elliott and Redman have been there for half the season now and im sure the players are adjusting to their coaching ways. I still think MBA will win but it will be a hard win.

I agree, I think that BA has more athletes than MBA, but will still lose. I think it will come down to which team is more physical and more disciplined. MBA will win in a hard fought game.

While BA is no Franklin Road Academy, they still aren't the team they used to be. They have struggled this year, and, while they are well coached, I don't see much else going for them as they host MBA. MBA is the better team, and like I said, it may not be an easy win, but MBA should have no trouble getting the W this friday. 21-7 MBA.

Everybody seems to forget thet BA was picked to be head and shoulders better then anyone else in the state in the pre-season. They have lost a 1 point game to a very good Ravenwood team, and got drilled by a team from Alabama, that no one here knows anything about. We know that BA has great athletes, and I think it is a little early to start selling them short. I get the feeling that the EHS posters here are hoping for an MBA victory to give their win last Friday night more credibility. BA will be very good, and I expect a very tough game. BA would love nothing more then to beat MBA. Hold onto your hats.

Everybody seems to forget thet BA was picked to be head and shoulders better then anyone else in the state in the pre-season. They have lost a 1 point game to a very good Ravenwood team, and got drilled by a team from Alabama, that no one here knows anything about. We know that BA has great athletes, and I think it is a little early to start selling them short. I get the feeling that the EHS posters here are hoping for an MBA victory to give their win last Friday night more credibility. BA will be very good, and I expect a very tough game. BA would love nothing more then to beat MBA. Hold onto your hats.

I watch the BA-Prattville game. BA had two turnovers (one at the P'ville 3 or 4 yd line) that put them in a major hole. If they had possessed an even marginal passing attack, I really think this game might have been different. BA has a very good team.

I also think there are some legitimate questions about MBA. I was expecting a major rebuilding project. The 6-0 start is great, but there were some subtle issues that need to be considered. They beat antioch handily, but gave up some big plays: 19 points is not insignificant. The Moeller win was great, and they are a traditional power, but the last few years haven't been as impressive, and they are struggling this year, especially since they have a new coach. In other words, it's hard to assess exactly how much that win means in terms of assessing the team. You can write off the Baylor game as fatigue or inevitable let-down...anything you want, but they had very painful turnovers. Hillsboro is a great team, but they had some injuries to skilled players. And if that game had gone 5 more minutes, I suspect we would have given up a TD. And this doesn't consider that one MBA score came on a blocked FG returned for a TD. They allowed JPII to drive the length of the field to open the game, and did the same with both Ravenwood and Ensworth.

The upshot is that I don't think anybody really knows what MBA will do: they have some talent, and they certainly are very gritty. They play very hard. However, they are also being inconsistent, and they make some fundamental errors. Depending on how things shake out on a given night, they could do anything from exiting the first round of the play-offs to celebrating a championship in the middle of the week in Murfreesboro.

I do take consolation in something Lewis Grizzard said. He observed that you're never as good you look in your best game, and your never as bad as you look in your worst game. Just a thought for somewhere down the line..

Random thoughts:

I've watched both teams this year and MBA seems to have the advantage. MBA's offense better. They have a better passing game, which will be the key for a MBA win.

BA has a very small advantage in the running game which will be a key for BA win.

BA has revenge on its mind from last years state championshipship.

MBA has to put Ensworth defeat out of its mind.

It will come down to......DEFENSE!!!!!

Who can keep the other team from the endzone will win this game.

You can take the MBA's win over Moeller, their defeat by EHS and take BA's win at Smyrna and their defeat by Ravenwood and throw it all out the window.

This is BA-MBA week and it will be a great game.

Prediction: BA 35 MBA 31 2 overtimes

What credibility could they want? They knocked off the defending state champions, snapped a 19 game streak, and if MBA truly believes they are a half decent football team then they shouldn't be assuming that Ensworth is digging for credibility. Ensworth is happy with that big win, and i don't think anyone is stopping and saying that they (EHS) beat another cupcake of a team.

its hard to judge this game. its year no matter what, its a good competitive game. mba is well coached and will have no problem rebounding from the ensworth lost. but you can not forget about BA they are still a great school with great athletes. if there defense can step up theres no reason why they cant win.

mba 30

ba 31 ot

This matchup was one many thought to be the preseason state championship bout. However, with the emergence of Ensworth, this seems to be the battle for the number one challenger. BA has the size advantage on the line, which will be a battle all night. Brentwood Academy lost to Ravenwood (a team that arguably should have beaten MBA) by one point and Prattville (a very good team from Alabama). This Brentwood Academy team is very athletic and big! Look for Martin, Luna, Tate, Garlington, and #3 to be the playmakers for the Eagles. If MBA wants to have a shot at controlling the line especially with Sloan and Thomas out, Bubis and Johnson are going to have to step up big for the Big Red. Also the passing attack led by junior cody nelson is very weak if not non-existent for the Eagles, whereas MBA's Wise has emerged as a developed quarterback this season. MBA's defense showed weakness last week against Ensworth, and for the first time since Coach McGugin took over, looked a little soft and scared. If MBA's defense can find their grit, determination, and toughness they displayed last season and early this year, they will rebound and defeat the Eagles. However, if the Eagles can hang around with their extremely athletic team and monstrous line, this one will be a fun one to keep an eye on in Brentwood on Friday Night. Also this will be the first time Coach Elliott and Redmond have faced their former team, so perhaps that will create more heat to add to this already spicy rivalry. Good luck to both teams... I pick MBA to take this one barely 28-24 in a hard fought game.

What credibility could they want? They knocked off the defending state champions, snapped a 19 game streak, and if MBA truly believes they are a half decent football team then they shouldn't be assuming that Ensworth is digging for credibility. Ensworth is happy with that big win, and i don't think anyone is stopping and saying that they (EHS) beat another cupcake of a team.

I think you missed my point. First I said "more credibility", I was not saying that the win was not credible. If MBA bounces back this week and beats BA it makes Ensworths win even bigger, but if MBA losses this game then maybe MBA wasn't as good as they appeared early on, or maybe the injuries have caught up with them.

It is still a long road to M-boro. Who ever wins will have to go through what appears to be a very good MUS team. We don't hear much about the West Tennessee teams, but I know they beat a strong team from Mississippi. BA will be in the mix and so will Ensworth, MBA, and probably McCallie. I'm not sure anyone should be making space for a gold ball just yet.