Cosby @ Grainger Co.

BIGblueLBs36

Grainger is not any better than we are, we actually have the advantage as far as athletes go. However they do have the best athlete on the field and we MUST stop him or it will be a long night, but I think we will be OK as long as we are focused and play ball the way that we are capable. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

defense will be the key . offense is just not strong enough to put points on the board consistently. last wk at unaka cosby lived on their end and could not punch it in. should have had about 28 at halftime. in all fairness though, cosby got a bad call at the goalline with the fumble that wasnt and it is always tough to play unaka.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sir, just earned my respect! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

But I do disagree with you on the outcome of tonight's matchup. Last year against you guys was my son's first game ever. He was 8 days old. He was really upset, and now he's frothing at the mouth for revenge. Oh, no wait that's just milk. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He really is counting on a W though.

Thanks for the respect...I hope Grace figures out that respect is EARNED...they play the one team that can play a little this season AND THEY LOST. Also once Coalfield gets their situation fixed that win they got will be a memory.

Ya ain't been around long enough yet to run that mouth Grace fans... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Good job Grainger Grizzlies on your 17-5 win against Cosby. I think the Grizzlies showed everyone they had a few more athletes than Cosby thought. Yes, Grainger did have the best athlete on the field, but some highlight catches and runs came from a few of their other athletes. Cosby played a hard game, but their lack of depth was a big difference in the game. Thats usually the difference with 1a team vs a 3A team. No disrespect to Cosby though they fought hard the whole game. Good luck the rest of the season to them. Also, the Grizzlies are looking better each week. They get Claiborne and Union before traveling to Carter for the season finale. Right now 2-1 in the district has them tied for 2nd. Good luck Grizzlies the rest of the season!

GRAINGER..GRIZZLIES..GRAINGER..GRIZZLIES!

Good job Grainger Grizzlies on your 17-5 win against Cosby. I think the Grizzlies showed everyone they had a few more athletes than Cosby thought. Yes, Grainger did have the best athlete on the field, but some highlight catches and runs came from a few of their other athletes. Cosby played a hard game, but their lack of depth was a big difference in the game. Thats usually the difference with 1a team vs a 3A team. No disrespect to Cosby though they fought hard the whole game. Good luck the rest of the season to them. Also, the Grizzlies are looking better each week. They get Claiborne and Union before traveling to Carter for the season finale. Right now 2-1 in the district has them tied for 2nd. Good luck Grizzlies the rest of the season!

GRAINGER..GRIZZLIES..GRAINGER..GRIZZLIES!

more athletes? i call it 50/50! i think more cosby players showed better than granger. i thought the gill kid was supose to be good? did he play or was someone else in that jersey friday. the one thing thats true and granger won was the smart mouth punk play! cosby coach and player told me at the little league game granger players were beating on cosbys lockeroom door chanting "f you cosby after the game.LOW CLASS!!! granger should have beat cosby 50 to 0 with the size and numbers thay had. no telling what cosbys coaches could do with that team. mcbee was a classless act of an athlete and in sorry shape. he was doubled over after the first 15 plays of the game. he had to go out on defense and come in on passing downs. cosbys boys stunk it up stood tall and refused to come out. that attitude mcbee showed will just get him no where cant wait till he gets put in his place with an added big head reduction. i dont care what kind of athete he is, i cant see a coach putting up with that crap at the next level.

good luck eagles this week this fan knows you will finish strong. your 8-0 in my book!!!!!!!!!

more athletes? i call it 50/50! i think more cosby players showed better than granger. i thought the gill kid was supose to be good? did he play or was someone else in that jersey friday. the one thing thats true and granger won was the smart mouth punk play! cosby coach and player told me at the little league game granger players were beating on cosbys lockeroom door chanting "f you cosby after the game.LOW CLASS!!! granger should have beat cosby 50 to 0 with the size and numbers thay had. no telling what cosbys coaches could do with that team. mcbee was a classless act of an athlete and in sorry shape. he was doubled over after the first 15 plays of the game. he had to go out on defense and come in on passing downs. cosbys boys stunk it up stood tall and refused to come out. that attitude mcbee showed will just get him no where cant wait till he gets put in his place with an added big head reduction. i dont care what kind of athete he is, i cant see a coach putting up with that crap at the next level.

good luck eagles this week this fan knows you will finish strong. your 8-0 in my book!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm...this is what I figured. Sounds like a whole lot of sour grapes coming from you guys. McBee needs to prove nothing to the folks in Cosby. You'd probably be laid out on the ground instead of doubled over after 15 plays if it were you on the field. Your assessment of his "attitude" is neither accurate nor is it asked for.

You lost, it's over, better athletes held you to 3 points and a bogus safety late gave you a grand total of 5...DEAL WITH IT. You have bigger fish to fry now so get over yourselves. All week you're talking about coming over to Grainger and winning and looking to the big game with Hampton coming up. You were so caught up in bashing Grace fans that you didn't even fathom that you were about to get your own loss stuck on you.

Too much talk from the fan base and not enough from the football team to back it up. You see the end result. Coach Shelton is a great guy and I have done phone interviews with him in the past, but he'd not be happy with the way some of his fan base conducts themselves. Then again in the information age there's a lot of that going on.

Good luck against Hampton...you'll need it.

Hmmm...this is what I figured. Sounds like a whole lot of sour grapes coming from you guys. McBee needs to prove nothing to the folks in Cosby. You'd probably be laid out on the ground instead of doubled over after 15 plays if it were you on the field. Your assessment of his "attitude" is neither accurate nor is it asked for.

You lost, it's over, better athletes held you to 3 points and a bogus safety late gave you a grand total of 5...DEAL WITH IT. You have bigger fish to fry now so get over yourselves. All week you're talking about coming over to Grainger and winning and looking to the big game with Hampton coming up. You were so caught up in bashing Grace fans that you didn't even fathom that you were about to get your own loss stuck on you.

Too much talk from the fan base and not enough from the football team to back it up. You see the end result. Coach Shelton is a great guy and I have done phone interviews with him in the past, but he'd not be happy with the way some of his fan base conducts themselves. Then again in the information age there's a lot of that going on.

Good luck against Hampton...you'll need it.

It is hard for fans and parents not to be upset when players from a 3A school who just squeeked out a win against a 1A school that supposedly has played nobody and cant beat a good team, IS beating on the door and cussin n trash talkin AFTER the game. It DID happen. Now the whole athlete thing we had more you had the one best is still my opinion. Take Mcbee off of your team we win no doubt. Of course Grainger felt the need to triple cover our SOPHOMORE receiver (#5) all night long , and he still bout got yall a couple times.

Good luck to yall the rest of the year too I would love to see you guys beat Carter /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Man, I miss the days when players and coach's just lined up and played and fans supported their teams win or lose. There is no place for all the pre, during, and post game mouthing.

This is just one reason why I admire the Maryville football program. they just line up and play. They do everything with class.

Hopefully if the Grainger players behaved in this way their coach's will address it on Monday.

Good Win Grainger and good luck the rest of the season.

Did you watch the game? And at not point in this thread did anyone say how great Grainger was. All I remember reading was how great Cosby was. I guess the Cosby players in the fourth walking out of the huddle out of breath and it looking like number 85 begging to come out means they are in sorry shape as well. As for the Mcbee kid he is a class act and a good kid. He also was not doing anything that the Cosby players was not doing, which does not make it right. I personally did not see him take any cheap shots but that does not mean he didn't. He must of been in good enough shape in the second half to go 60 yards untouched. And i have a sneaking suspicion that you would take him on your team as well as all Grainger's other athletes. As far as the Gill kid he is a good football player but you see at Grainger they have so many athletes that they do not need Gill to perform everynight. And if my memory serves me correctly I think that Gill scored as many touchdowns as the entire Cosby team, zero. . Now I am being a little sarcastic here but I will agree that if Grainger was banging on the door and chanting that it is completly wrong and should be handled accordingly. But hearsay does not make it true. Now with all that being said Cosby is a very good football team and I wish them success from here on out. You have some wonderful football players and very good athletes. You also went 2-1 against our region which is pretty good as well. And if we can be undefeated in our own book's I'll make Grainger 7-0 in my book since the scoreboard does not count.

Did you watch the game? And at not point in this thread did anyone say how great Grainger was. All I remember reading was how great Cosby was. I guess the Cosby players in the fourth walking out of the huddle out of breath and it looking like number 85 begging to come out means they are in sorry shape as well. As for the Mcbee kid he is a class act and a good kid. He also was not doing anything that the Cosby players was not doing, which does not make it right. I personally did not see him take any cheap shots but that does not mean he didn't. He must of been in good enough shape in the second half to go 60 yards untouched. And i have a sneaking suspicion that you would take him on your team as well as all Grainger's other athletes. As far as the Gill kid he is a good football player but you see at Grainger they have so many athletes that they do not need Gill to perform everynight. And if my memory serves me correctly I think that Gill scored as many touchdowns as the entire Cosby team, zero. . Now I am being a little sarcastic here but I will agree that if Grainger was banging on the door and chanting that it is completly wrong and should be handled accordingly. But hearsay does not make it true. Now with all that being said Cosby is a very good football team and I wish them success from here on out. You have some wonderful football players and very good athletes. You also went 2-1 against our region which is pretty good as well. And if we can be undefeated in our own book's I'll make Grainger 7-0 in my book since the scoreboard does not count.

Cosby is not an out of shape team , they have to play both ways all night every night with the same 12 or 13 kids , #85 barely left the field last night probably played more than mcbee , #5 for us didn't leave the field all night and was still runnin around makin plays. Did I mention #5 is a Sophomore? How many of those play all night for yall? you cant compare who is in better shape when one team suits 70 and plays at least 20 different kids with a team that suits 35 and plays 12 or 13. Mcbee is a GREAT player we knew that , but he came out a lot on D until they realized they couldn't shut down our Sophomore with the triple team without him in there.