District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor coaching. Waverly just needs a coach. It's sad that we have the talent that we have in players and no coaching.

You'll have to be more specific. I thought Kevin Rawlings should have been coach of the year last year taking Waverly as far as he did with a very young team. Same coach, same talent, different results so far this reason. I'm sorry. I can't see a connection to coaching right off the bat. I can see the lopsided Creekwood score because CW has much more length and a physical presence down low while Wavo is guard oriented. I heard CW went to a 2 - 3 zone which is easy to shoot your way out of if the shots are falling. If a team can beat you with a 2-3 zone and you're guard oriented, you either aren't as talented as you think or your guards are in a shooting slump. You can't coach your way out of a shooting slump. You've got to join the 1000 shot club and fix it yourself by shooting 1000 shots a day.

Coaches don't make shots fall and they don't fix shooting slumps. It's hard for me to believe that Coach Rawlings forgot everything he knew about basketball between last year and this one.

You'll have to be more specific. I thought Kevin Rawlings should have been coach of the year last year taking Waverly as far as he did with a very young team. Same coach, same talent, different results so far this reason. I'm sorry. I can't see a connection to coaching right off the bat. I can see the lopsided Creekwood score because CW has much more length and a physical presence down low while Wavo is guard oriented. I heard CW went to a 2 - 3 zone which is easy to shoot your way out of if the shots are falling. If a team can beat you with a 2-3 zone and you're guard oriented, you either aren't as talented as you think or your guards are in a shooting slump. You can't coach your way out of a shooting slump. You've got to join the 1000 shot club and fix it yourself by shooting 1000 shots a day.

Coaches don't make shots fall and they don't fix shooting slumps. It's hard for me to believe that Coach Rawlings forgot everything he knew about basketball between last year and this one.

My sentiment exactly.

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Poor coaching. Waverly just needs a coach. It's sad that we have the talent that we have in players and no coaching.

I agree completely with ksgovols. I believe that you are obviously a disgruntled parent. If you are going to gripe about coaching when you lose, at least be consistent enough to applaud him when they win. You have no credibility whatsoever when you get on here and gripe like you are.

Amen! you have it exactly right. Last two games (and really all season) the Tigers have struggled with the three,and really shooting period. Last night 3 for 20 from the 3 and under 33 percent from the field. They are a team that must hit from outside to score. Hopefully, the shots start falling. As far as the comment from Tigermom, well it is a mom and sometimes a parent just can't see the real problem. If your a parent you can understand that. However, in the past two years Coach Rawlings has gotten about as much out this group that one can. I agree with Coach of the Year comment. They are good kids, they work hard, they play hard, but anyone that thinks the Tigers are loaded is looking at things through rose colored glasses. But, again sometimes that's just a parent and they can't see it. They are guard oriented and they like to push the tempo. That is hard to do when a team isn't scoring. They will come around and starting hitting. They last thing they need is somebody telling them that their coach is the problem.

SC lost by 8 to Sycamore. Dylan Smith had 30. They were down 4 with about a minute left and missed a layup that rimmed in and out. The difference in this game was a 10-0 run Sycamore had in the second quarter. SC plays at Fairview Thursday.

The Smith kid killed us, everytime we would score he would answer, SC is a lot better than what i have been hearing.

I agree you cant blame Coach Rawlings for lack of scoring:

Lets face it , this team starts and ends with the play of vogel, gilbert, and leonard and all three of these guys have been in a shooting slump to start the season. After that there is just not much scoring. Fuller has played well and is doing his part playing good defense and get put back points. Graham has had some ok games but is very inconsistent at best and you just can't count on him from game to game. The bench has did good job, but your just not going to see a lot of scoring from the bench. Between vogel , gilbert and leonard they have hit maybe a combained 6 -3 -point shots in 5 -games , last year they were hitting 6-7 per game. Its odd to see three players slump at the same time but thats what is happening. These 3 - need to average 40 - 50 points per night if the tigers are going to have a chnace to win.

vogel 15 - 20

gilbert 10 - 15

leonard 15 - 20

thats exactly whats wrong with the tigers is a shooting slump, waverly will get back on when they play the camden lions on thursday, there about to break back out.

unless u know coach kevin keep ur mouth shut, he's a great coach and waverly shots will start falling they had bad officiating in clarksville and creek wood was just as good as the score says, but it won't be notthing like that at the tiger den, the tigers will explode thursday vs. the camden lions, BLUE WHITE TIGER PRIDE

I have read both of your posts. Now the quote from you above makes it pretty plain what you meant. So now to cover up the fact you have ripped the head coach in a public form, you backtrack and explain to us all that you really meant to rip the players. Let me give you some sincere advice. 1. never post on this board again, unless it is 100% positive of all team members. 2. Give each player you named here in a negative way a one on one personal apology (yes they read this board). 3. Let your son know you have let your emotions get the best of you and made a mistake. and that you were wrong. 4. work hard at seeing that your son's coach is working hard at getting the best out of your son and his teammates, and doesn't deserve any of what you have brought out.