District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> See? A little controversy goes a long way in this league.

Yep. Hey honey, my soap's back on. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the refs wasnt at ther best for sure waverly played the better game and won. what i don't understand is the score was like 13 4 sc then waverly came back and outscored sc 21-2 in the second qt. in the 3rd sc scored 15pts. that was the last time those 5 players was on the court together.Until it was to late I understand giving guys breaks. but get real some guys mesh together better than others do.It takes 5 players playing as one to win and thats what Waverly did.

Lets me honest, the refs have stuck up the floor at all the games. I hope they get some training during the off season.

They have been a disgrace to the game this year.

SC vs MC good ballgame SC had lead all night! But lost it in the end .SC was out coached and played at the end.! CONGRATS MC you did what it takes to win you fought to the end.SC has talent you have to coach them!The coach has to play the talent he has .SC fans know who can do what! Example 6'3 wr has athletic ability.The coach needs to use the talent he has .

You are correct. The talent is there but without the coaching behind them they are fighting a lost cause. As far as ability goes, he does not play the correct 5. His scorers (the twins) are always on the floor no matter the turnovers or bad play and his front people make many turnovers and show no concern they are playing badly. The post play could improve with the correct combination of Taylor and Craig together. THey play very well together offensively and certainly defensively. There needs to be team leadership and I only see one person accepting that role on a regular basis. The twins are leaders offensively and Taylor is a big leader all the time especially defensively.

IN short, the coach needs to play the players that care and show determination in the game. I know he is young but he has had time to figure out the talent needed on the floor.

Well bkballer30, SC has had their ups and downs this year but they don't get on here and post anymire because they dont want to start anything and remained focused on the task at hand and not what others think. They came out tonight and took it to Harpeth all night. In the 4th Harpeth cut it too 3 but then a 3 by Matt Earhart put it too 6 and later on a technical after a foul by Horkins it put it to 10. I have to say that Harpeth lost their composure and partly due to the great job we the students did in the stands. Hopefully SC can keep the momentum they have and get another big win Tuesday.

THis was a great game. THe SC boys played as a team. It was an outstanding game for the SC team and fans. Trey did not put on the show I was expecting. MVP I think not at this point.

Well bkballer30, SC has had their ups and downs this year but they don't get on here and post anymire because they dont want to start anything and remained focused on the task at hand and not what others think. They came out tonight and took it to Harpeth all night. In the 4th Harpeth cut it too 3 but then a 3 by Matt Earhart put it too 6 and later on a technical after a foul by Horkins it put it to 10. I have to say that Harpeth lost their composure and partly due to the great job we the students did in the stands. Hopefully SC can keep the momentum they have and get another big win Tuesday.

THis was a great game. THe SC boys played as a team. It was an outstanding game for the SC team and fans. Trey did not put on the show I was expecting. MVP I think not at this point.

So you're picking for or against an MVP candidate based on one game rather than his body of work? You're not even going to wait until after Friday nights game?

Oh, this is controversy bait right? I went back and looked at the stats on tennessean.com. Here's his scoring lines just in the district.

17 @ Sycamore, 17 in a half against Cheatham, 26 @ Creekwood, 18 against Waverly, 29 @ Stewart Co., 20 @ Fairview, 18 @ Waverly and 22 against Montgomery Central. That's a 20.9 ppg average in the district.

While I hate MVP awards because they are subjective and based only on offense historically, Trey's numbers are there. Harpeth should have 3 players in double figures when they are clicking on offense. When everyone is not on and Trey has to put it on his back, he's done that too. He also put up 29 on Livingston Academy who's #2 in the state in AA. Based on the criteria in past years, I don't see a problem with Trey's MVP credentials.

You are correct. The talent is there but without the coaching behind them they are fighting a lost cause. As far as ability goes, he does not play the correct 5. His scorers (the twins) are always on the floor no matter the turnovers or bad play and his front people make many turnovers and show no concern they are playing badly. The post play could improve with the correct combination of Taylor and Craig together. THey play very well together offensively and certainly defensively. There needs to be team leadership and I only see one person accepting that role on a regular basis. The twins are leaders offensively and Taylor is a big leader all the time especially defensively.

IN short, the coach needs to play the players that care and show determination in the game. I know he is young but he has had time to figure out the talent needed on the floor.

You are correct he has been there long enough to know who does what ! But then again He is a first year coach at the HS level. ITS obvious who the athletes are. Seems to me hes building for later on at the seniors expense.I hope that is not the case. Another thing I dont understand is why you hire a first year coach over a coach that has close to 25 year experience. This is not AAU basketball!!!! IF you are going to win coach to win .IT is a coaches job to get the most out of his or her players. I'm not wanting to bash anyone but that is a fact of being a good coach.YOU have some players that want to shoot all the time without to much defensive output. Thats another responsibility of the coach.

Whoa!!!! What game were you watching. Take off the black and gold colored glasses!!!! I will gladly admit the officiating was bad, but bad both ways. Even worse in the girls game (basically nothing called short of a mugging), but to even hint that Waverly got by with murder is ridiculous. Bottom line after the first quarter Waverly was just quicker and sharper from the field. Now if we could just get that scoreboard operators attitude adjusted! When an apology is offered one should accept it not tell a coach "You need to get to the locker room and coach your team" especially when the scoreboard operator is the one not doing there job.

What exactly happened with the scoreboard operator? Is it just me or does it seem like a lot problems stem from playing at Stewart County or against Stewart County. I would have thought their athletic program would be getting cleaned up by now. They seem to be having a difficult time as their own people are often the ones criticizing everything going on there. Doesn't seem like they are to high on the current coach now. Why didn't they just keep Craig coaching, he did a good job last year.

I know the fouls weren't posted on the scoreboard at the Harpeth game in Dover. That could be because the refs were calling them so fast that you'd have to type 100 words a minute to keep up. There is some etiquette that should be observed at the scorekeeper's table. They are part of the official record of the game and should take their jobs seriously. When I'm keeping the scoreboard I tell the score keepers from both sides to call it out when a kid is going in so that we can all acknowledge it. If a kid is sitting down in front of the table, nudge me if I'm not buzzing them in. It is the refs job to allow them into the game. If the scoreboard operator doesn't buzz, holler 'subs!'. That will work too. At the end of every quarter or during the 'full' timeouts, make sure everybody is on the same page with the score, the fouls and the time outs. It's not really hard if you can keep the camcorder guy recording the game from calling your cell phone while you're working. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

It's a chaotic job. Limit outside influences like stupid fans asking you how many points their kid has or how many fouls a player has. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Sarcasm works for me. Players, slapping the table doesn't get you in the game. The ref signals for you to come into the game. You have to present yourself as a sub. You can't enter the game from the bench without presenting at the scorer's table. It's a courtesy for the scorekeepers to acknowledge subs going in, not a requirement. The ref will send them back if they're not in. The scoreboard operator should spend more time putting information on the scoreboard and less time arguing with coaches imo.

Also, no cheering for your team at the scoring table. Bad Form!

good reply ksgovols...

ok Stewart County fans, I'm from SC and as a fan or parent...you should never turn on your own players or coaches. Hes a rookie coach, but has been improvin over the season. if he was coachin the same way and we were winning more, notin would be said...but because SC has lost a lot of close games, the record isnt as good and it all gets put on the coach. become a true SC fan and respect your players and coaches no matter what happens