District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat suprised that Fairview was able to go to Waverly and win as easily as they did. Really important to finish in top two as it is easiest route to region because it would mean only having to beat Cheatham County or Stewart County on your home court. Montgomery Central most likely is going to be #6 seed traveling to a #3 seed and they could be dangerous. The #4 /#5 game is the game to stay out of. Last couple of weeks should be interesting. Anyone keeping up with west Tennessee district this year? I know our district is way down so I'm hoping they aren't loaded over there this year.

The cubs will not beat the rebels on tuesday night. Cheatem has to come to dover and play in our gym. Which is tough to do. If the cubs want their first district win then they need to bring their A game and be ready to play some tough basketball. Go Rebels!!!

I agree! it's real hard to win in SC the Rowdy Rebels get in ur head and control u, (ask Caruthers that)! SC will be my suprise team come tourney time! Go REBS!

The poorest refed game all season. Farivew had 51 freethrows to our 28. It was a joke and that's all that can be said about that game!

i agree this was a poorly refed game, but don't make it out to seem like it was one sided. free throws were not that lop sided until waverly start to foul to extend the game. you will say that wavo's best player leonard got a raw deal, but his fouls were legit and the tech is actually in thr rule book. if you are on the floor and untuck you jersey it is supposed to be automatic. and you will probably not say anything about two of fairview's top three players fouling out early in the fourth quarter either. fairview played all but 6 minutes of the second half with out bledsoe due to foul trouble. and you will probably say that putting a kid in a headlock and spinning him to the ground wasn't a foul or shoving a kid out of bounds so far that he actually left the gym (the fairview player was pushed out of bounds and into the hallway next to the bench). how about the foul on the post kid from fairview which happened when gilbert from wavo pumped fake and the kid did not move so gilbert lowered his shoulder and hit the fairview kid and knocked him out of the way and the fairview kid was called for a foul. just admit that wavo got their butts kicked by a better team and let it be.

Okay she said the officiating was a joke and it was. She never said it was one sided. The number of free throws were correct and yes it would have been much more even without the fouling at the end. This is what happens when you send a jv/freshman official to an important district matchup. Now to make it seem as if the only team being physical on the court was Waverly well that is a bit one-sided. Personally I saw many overly physical plays on both sides of the ball. #24 for Fairview pulled on his jersey and complained loudly on his fourth foul but there was no technical. Bottom line the officials lost control, their calls were confusing and inconsistent. They even had the scorekeeper confused because they kept changing who the fouls were called on. I will agree that Fairview was the better team last night. I will agree I was impressed by #33 for Fairview. Now is Fairview the better team maybe, Waverly shot horribly from the three point line (missing many open looks) and missed fifteen FT's including many front end of one and ones. So lets see what happens when they play again on the 13th. We should all be able to agree that the officiating has got to be better.

Fairview and Creek Wood have each won 6 in a row. Fairview is at Creek Wood Friday night. Creek Wood will be celebrating homecoming. Who is going to win?

Creekwood. Fairview has beaten Stewart Co., Page and Waverly in AA who are at about the same level as them and 3 A schools in McEwen, Santa Fe and Columbia Academy. What's up with the 1A non district schedule?

some teams like to make there non-district schedule out to be as hard as possible and others try to make a soft one. in this case, fairview has traditional played the schools closest to them as they are long time rivalry games. if you look at who they play other then just seeing a name, they are playing non-district teams similar to who they play in the distrcit. take for instance McEwen; very similar style of play as SC. Columbia Academy is one of the better three point shooting teams in the mid state and they run a four out drive and kick for open threes and they won by 18. surprisingly waverly is the same type of team and fairview played them the next game after playing CA and won by 19. yeah they might not be playing the hardest schedule, but they are playing teams that do prepare them for the district.

look at their schedule closer, they played Page and East Hickman, both teams will be distrcit teams when fairview moves to a new district next year as well as being rival games.

I don't see it. East Hickman is 5-11 and Page is 13-7 in a district that is down more than 11AA. I mean, East Hickman beat Giles County. If I were going to schedule 1A teams in close proximity to get me ready for district, I'd put Culleoka, Mt. Pleasant, Summertown, Collinwood and Wayne County on the schedule. You'll get more out of those teams than playing Houston County, McEwen and CA. You're in Williamson County. Play Ravenwood, Brentwood, Independence or Centennial every now and then.

Just comparing non district schedules, Fairviews non district opponents are 53-74. So they're playing 1A schools that aren't very good against other 1A schools. Click on 'analyze this schedule' at the bottom of your schedule. 5-11, 5-14, 4-15, 4-8, 13-7, 10-10, 6-7. McEwen and Houston Co. didn't have all their games posted. It's no skin off my nose, but I don't see how A and AA schools with those kinds of records get you ready for anything.

Now, I agree that getting your brains kicked in every night in your non district schedule can have a negative affect if you don't have any success every now and then, but the same thing applies in reverse. Kids know when they're playing good competition and when they're not.

I don't see it. East Hickman is 5-11 and Page is 13-7 in a district that is down more than 11AA. I mean, East Hickman beat Giles County. If I were going to schedule 1A teams in close proximity to get me ready for district, I'd put Culleoka, Mt. Pleasant, Summertown, Collinwood and Wayne County on the schedule. You'll get more out of those teams than playing Houston County, McEwen and CA. You're in Williamson County. Play Ravenwood, Brentwood, Independence or Centennial every now and then.

Just comparing non district schedules, Fairviews non district opponents are 53-74. So they're playing 1A schools that aren't very good against other 1A schools. Click on 'analyze this schedule' at the bottom of your schedule. 5-11, 5-14, 4-15, 4-8, 13-7, 10-10, 6-7. McEwen and Houston Co. didn't have all their games posted. It's no skin off my nose, but I don't see how A and AA schools with those kinds of records get you ready for anything.

Now, I agree that getting your brains kicked in every night in your non district schedule can have a negative affect if you don't have any success every now and then, but the same thing applies in reverse. Kids know when they're playing good competition and when they're not.

CA beat Sycamore by 27 and HC beat Stewart so I think the competition for 10-A is just fine.