District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

Creekwood vs. Cheatham Co.-Cheatham is the unlucky team to play CW after a lost. This one will be over after the first quarter.

Sycamore vs. Mont. Central-This game will be close going into the 4th. MC will give it all they can but Sycamore will win by 8 due to FT at the end.

Harpeth vs. Stewart Co.-According to everyone SC is a fluke. As Corso would say "Not so fast my friend" When SC played at Harpeth. 20 of 29 Harpeth first half points came off turnovers and Dylan Smith was merely 50% but gave it his all. Look for SC to give it all they got and look for a closer than expected game. SC has beaten Harpeth once. If they can contain Caruthers and get to the shooters watch out for SC. Upset Alert

Fairview vs. Waverly-Look for Waverly to win this one in a close game. Leonard and Vogel will go off and Waverly will start to get their swagger back.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creekwood vs. Cheatham Co.-Cheatham is the unlucky team to play CW after a lost. This one will be over after the first quarter.

Sycamore vs. Mont. Central-This game will be close going into the 4th. MC will give it all they can but Sycamore will win by 8 due to FT at the end.

Harpeth vs. Stewart Co.-According to everyone SC is a fluke. As Corso would say "Not so fast my friend" When SC played at Harpeth. 20 of 29 Harpeth first half points came off turnovers and Dylan Smith was merely 50% but gave it his all. Look for SC to give it all they got and look for a closer than expected game. SC has beaten Harpeth once. If they can contain Caruthers and get to the shooters watch out for SC. Upset Alert

Fairview vs. Waverly-Look for Waverly to win this one in a close game. Leonard and Vogel will go off and Waverly will start to get their swagger back.

Ok what you said about SC vs. Harpeth might be the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Harpeth is at home and Harpeth had them down by 37 before putting jv in with 6 mins left in the 4th. No chance, Harpeth is just a much better team. SC Also cant get to every one of Harpeth shooters if their goal is to shut down Trey. If they do shut him down Harpeth has loads of other threats in Dansbys driving/slashing abilities, Horkins dido, Crowe and Mcmullin Shooting the 3. Plus I think Crowe has come up big in the last 2 games so dont be surprised if he does again this game.

I never said SC would shut down Trey. He will get his points. I said contain him. Yes after watching the film SC played about the worse game they could have played at the time with their best player sick. In the first half Harpeth scored only nine points on SC halfcourt defense everything else was off turnovers and in transition. Harpeth is a good team but not 37 points better by no means. SC has beaten them once at home by 13 and yes I know its going to be tough being at the toughest place to play in the district. SC was down by 14 at the half at Harpeth with 19 first half TOs. They cut down on half its around a 7-8 point game and who knows. I am not saying SC is going to win or Harpeth will lose or is bad. I just think the game will be closer than most think and I am rooting for SC so therefore I picked them.

i think CW wins in a blow out with the entire bench getting into the game by the 3rd quarter.

Sycamore i think will be might be looking ahead to its game in the semi finals against harpeth and slips up. MC played them close last week and i am picking them to pull the upset.

Harpeth wins by 20 over SC. SC fans for some reason think they are much better than they are. just look at the way they play on the road. Harpeth destroyed them and Fairview beat them 28 as well. If this game was at SC and they could get their home cooking i would say maybe, but not on the road at harpeth.

Fairview handles Waverly with a little test. i say Fairview by about 13. Fairview beat them by 19 at Waverly and on friday playing a very vanilla game with no press and running no offense, played every single player on the roster in the first half and still won the game. Waverly played it like a regualr game playing man to man, 2-3 zone, half court trap, full court press and ran their regualr sets. As for vogel and leonard going off, vogel had 27 friday night and they still lost. Leonard seems to struggle against Fairview for some reason, could be that he fouls because he is not quick enough to guard the fairview players.

if i am right, semi finals at CW thursday would be fairview vs CW and Harpeth vs MC.

Tonight Harpeth beat CW for the 2nd time. Trey was Trey and perry played pretty well. Tice played great d and Crowe knocked down some good shots and was very clutch down to the wire even being completely ran over. Collin hit some good shots and everyone else played ok. The refs were letting a lot of fouls go and it turned into a rough game

Why has Creek Wood struggled to beat Harpeth this season? What does Harpeth have going for them vs. the Red Hawks that the other teams lack?

I think the big thing Harpeth has is they can just match up well with CW. Also Harpeth loves to put pressure all over the court and that is CW weakness, handling pressure.

Harpeth has matched up well with Creek Wood. In retrospect, Harpeth hasn't matched up as well with Sycamore.

I wouldn't count on any surprises tonight. To the earlier post that MC will upset Sycamore......I don't see that happening. While there could potentially be the possibility of Sycamore and Harpeth overlooking tonight's opponents to another meeting on Thursday night, I don't see either team having a letdown tonight.

Harpeth will be motivated tonight because of the rough play by SC in their last meeting......and I don't see Coach calling off the dogs in this one. Plus, this game serves as an opportunity for Harpeth to get dialed in for a tournament run and I think they come out clicking on all cylinders. I can tell you this for sure, Harpeth is not going to come out and play anybody soft in looking ahead to the next game....and with about 4 or 5 guys shaking off the crud I think they will be sharper tonight than they were against CW on Friday. This game is not going to be close folks.

Harpeth has matched up well with Creek Wood. In retrospect, Harpeth hasn't matched up as well with Sycamore.

I wouldn't count on any surprises tonight. To the earlier post that MC will upset Sycamore......I don't see that happening. While there could potentially be the possibility of Sycamore and Harpeth overlooking tonight's opponents to another meeting on Thursday night, I don't see either team having a letdown tonight.

Harpeth will be motivated tonight because of the rough play by SC in their last meeting......and I don't see Coach calling off the dogs in this one. Plus, this game serves as an opportunity for Harpeth to get dialed in for a tournament run and I think they come out clicking on all cylinders. I can tell you this for sure, Harpeth is not going to come out and play anybody soft in looking ahead to the next game....and with about 4 or 5 guys shaking off the crud I think they will be sharper tonight than they were against CW on Friday. This game is not going to be close folks.

I completely agree.

Why has Creek Wood struggled to beat Harpeth this season? What does Harpeth have going for them vs. the Red Hawks that the other teams lack?

They run, run, run, run and run some more. Creekwood's 2-3 zone slowed the tempo in the first half and they were up by 8. Harpeth kept running fresh legs in and out of the lineup and CW got tired and it showed particulary in the rebounding department late in the game. Creekwood is a matchup problem for Harpeth in the half court game in my opinion. They've got 2 shot blockers down low and athleticism on the perimeter. They are tough in the half court set. Harpeth pushed the tempo in both games against CW to get more buckets in transition. It takes a lot of kids to pull it off and I haven't seen too many teams in the district that will put 11-12 kids on the floor during a game with the game on the line. You also are going to have to hit a few big 3's which Harpeth was able to do both times against Creekwood. The Indians also played big down low with Kendrick Jones, Dantario Dansby and Trey all crashing the boards pretty hard.

I agree about tonight. Harpeth would have to come out and lay a huge egg. They can not get enough revenge for the inexplicable loss in Dover earlier in the year. Harpeth only scored 9 against SC's half court defense because they were creating turnovers and scoring in transition most of the first 3 quarters of the game. This will be the final game at Harpeth for the seniors. That's big too.

Creek Wood vs Cheatham Co.: this one has the makings of being a beatdown as the Red Hawks, despite being the district champs, will come in angry after losing to Harpeth last week for the second time this season. Though they are the #1 seed I feel that there are many who have a stronger belief in both Sycamore and Harpeth as opposed to the Red Hawks. The Cubs are a gritty bunch and they will fight hard but look for tonight to be the end of an ugly rebuilding season.

Fairview vs Waverly Central: this one could be a nail biter though the regular season series suggests otherwise. The Tigers are a perimeter oriented team that relies on their guards. Fairview has good guard play and their size really poses problems for the smallish Tigers guards. I look for the Waverly seniors to come out hot early and make shots this time. Fairview's size will dominate as the game goes on but in the end this one is my upset pick as I am taking Wavo.

Sycamore vs Montgomery Central: the Indians just can't seem to get away from Sycamore as this is now the 5th time in 6 years that the two will meet in the opening round of the district tourney. Sycamore has owned this rivalry since the start of the 2002-2003 season as they have never lost a game to Montgomery Central. Last week these two played an overtime thriller but I believe that just served as a wake up call for the War Eagles. The contest will be close for three periods but look for Sycamore to pull away late.

Harpeth vs Stewart Co.: this is the lone first round matchup that pits two teams that split the season series against one another. The Rebels won the first meeting in Dover and the Indians took the second meeting in Kingston Springs. Look for the Rebels twin experienced guards to prevent them from getting hammered early. Harpeth does have a tendency to come out flat against inferior teams after they win a tough game in their previous contest. The results to not lie. In the end I like for the Harpeth Indians to advance as their athleticism will be the difference as they pull away in the second half.