District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

Sycamore will beat Creek Wood. They are due for a breakout win against the Red Hawks. I think the War Eagles are playing really good basketball at this point and could make a push in the regional tourney to get back to the substate game. Home court advantage in Pleasant View has proven over the years to be quite an advantage for the Sycamore War Eagles.

Waverly Central will beat Harpeth. The first meeting between the two teams earlier in the year was a game that saw Harpeth win on a last second shot by Trey Curruthers. The second meeting saw Waverly win quite easily. I think that the Tigers are playing loose and relaxed right now. That win over a Fairview team that had previously owned them through the season was a huge confidence booster. Harpeth can either shock me by coming out blazing and win the game or they can do what I am expecting from them which is to suffer from an emotional hangover following their 4th straight defeat at the hands of arh rival Sycamore.

Catfish! Wavo beat Harpeth by 4, not 'quite easily'. Waverly had Creekwood beat Thursday night and couldn't finish. By the way, uh, Harpeth is the only district team that has actually beaten Creekwood this year. That should count for something. Sycamore might beat Creekwood because it's post season and they can 'get up' for it, but they've laid too many eggs when they weren't playing an arch rival to be considered 'good' in my book. I think Creekwood holds court at home. Don't let Froedden penetrate and make him shoot anything other than a layup and make Dempsey beat you from outside rather than with a 10 footer in the lane. Hyndman and Dotson will have to be in foul trouble or Sycamore will have to shoot the heck out of the 3 for Creekwood not to win this game.

Harpeth vs Waverly is a toss up. Harpeth isn't the only one coming off a loss. These two actually match up pretty well and it should be a decent game. 5 points separated them in the 2 regular season games. Harpeth is a little deeper than Waverly but they are likely to be without Horkins who suffered a concussion in the Sycamore game and who knows else with this crud they've been passing back and forth to each other. Waverly has talent and I like their game when they are on, but you can't always predict when that is going to be. Very much like Harpeth but with older guys.

You girls have fun. I have tickets to take my little guy to Monday Night Raw which will make his year. I'll be texting for updates.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

creek wood playing at home in a big game should gived them the edge, although i expect it to be close. creek wood by 6 is my pick.

harpeth and waverly get to play in the always fun last chance to get a win of the season game. despite what happens tonight, both will lose in their next game in the region tourament. but since some one has to win this one, i think the game will be decided by how lose the officials let the game get. if the refs protect trey like they seemed to do a lot this year, harepth wins by 8. the second factor might be whether or not horkins plays as he can be a matchup problem with the wavo guards. if waverly is allowed to slap and reach all night, they could pull it out. i am going to stick with my pick of harpeth just because they have a deeper bench and the way the refs have called harpeth games this year, they will probably not let waverly get within 2 feet of trey without calling a foul and that will hurt waverly as their bench is not deep at all.

creek wood playing at home in a big game should gived them the edge, although i expect it to be close. creek wood by 6 is my pick.

harpeth and waverly get to play in the always fun last chance to get a win of the season game. despite what happens tonight, both will lose in their next game in the region tourament. but since some one has to win this one, i think the game will be decided by how lose the officials let the game get. if the refs protect trey like they seemed to do a lot this year, harepth wins by 8. the second factor might be whether or not horkins plays as he can be a matchup problem with the wavo guards. if waverly is allowed to slap and reach all night, they could pull it out. i am going to stick with my pick of harpeth just because they have a deeper bench and the way the refs have called harpeth games this year, they will probably not let waverly get within 2 feet of trey without calling a foul and that will hurt waverly as their bench is not deep at all.

Are you serious? Protect Trey? If they were protecting Trey then there would have been 2 flagrants a game when he went up to dunk. I know your team is out, and you are a little bitter, but let it go man! How is Jackson South Side this year? Since you know either Waverly/Harpeth will lose to them. What do they have this year?

Actually not really...if you can stay away from them til the Region Championship then you go to sub-state win or lose and can go through somebody else to get there. And I would much rather be 1st or 3rd in the district to do just that.

Actually you still have to play the Region Championship even though you still make it to sub-state win or lose. So anyway you try and word it you still have to go through Bolivar. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Come on! Gimme some stats and the all district team. All I've got is that John Cena won by a DQ over Edge with some help from the Big Show so the heavyweight title still belongs to Edge just as Vicki Guerrero intended it to. Take my advice and buy tickets to Smackdown rather than Raw given the choice. Less drama and more wrasslin'. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Congratulations to Sycamore and Harpeth on their respective wins this evening. Can anyone give who made the all-district and all-tournament team?

Not all of them, but what I can recall...

Caruthers- Season MVP/ All Tournament

Dempsey- 1st Team Season/ Tourney MVP

Froeden- All Tournament

Hoard- All Tournament

Dansby- 2nd Team Season/All Tournament

Staggs- 2nd Team Season/ All Tournament

Bledsoe-

Vogel-

Johnson-

Hyndeman

Dotson-

Coach of the Year- Creekwood

Not all of them, but what I can recall...

Caruthers- Season MVP/ All Tournament

Dempsey- 1st Team Season/ Tourney MVP

Froeden- All Tournament

Hoard- All Tournament

Dansby- 2nd Team Season/All Tournament

Staggs- 2nd Team Season/ All Tournament

Bledsoe-

Vogel-

Johnson-

Hyndeman

Dotson-

Coach of the Year- Creekwood

Kilgore-Sycamore tourney MVP

Moore-Central 2nd team

Smith-Stewart Co. 2nd team

Leonard-Waverly 2nd team

???????-Cheatham 2nd team

1st team: MVP Caruthers-Harpeth,Hyndman Dotson-CW, Dempsey-Sycamore, Johnson-Fairview,Vogel-Waverly. 2nd Team: Staggs-Sycamore, Dansby-Harpeth,Bledsoe-fairview, Leonard-Waverly, D. Smith-Stewart Co., Moore-Mont. Central, Smart-Cheatham. COY-Charles Taylor-CW.

All Tourney: MVP Dempsey-Sycamore, Dansby, Caruthers-Harpeth: Vogel, Gilbert-Waverly: Staggs, Hoard, Froedden-Sycamore: Dotson, Hyndman, Crow-Creek Wood.

Congrats to all players, teams, and coaches for these awards.

Now go and represent 11AA to the best of your ability and land a team or 2 in the BORO!!

Thanks for everyone coming out to the Wood. Quality FANS made our job easy as host. If anyone has any suggestions to make it better please let us know. U won't hurt my feelings!!! 30PEACE!!!