District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what i hear, i actually think its a good idea...as long as the student knows what he or she is talking about, and this kid knows his stuff. like i said earlier, he will one day be a coach. he will be kindof like a college grad assistant. i can see other teams doing something similar as well

I'm with you, and yeah he really knows his stuff. Best of luck guys!

Whose gym is the toughest to play in for you guys? From a Harpeth perspective, there's none tougher than Creekwood for us. I don't think Harpeth has ever won on that floor and they had a huge lead in last years game that evaporated in the second quarter.

CW stinks to play at.

And Cheatham County schools are probably tougher to play in, except for the cubs.

I don't know if it's all about atmosphere. To me, Creekwood's gym is cavernous and a tougher place to shoot because the gym is so big and the bleachers go up and up and up forever. Similar to Cheatham. Most of the rest of the gyms in the district, the fans are right on top of you and the gyms are smaller and hold the noise in. It depends on the rivalry. Sycamore/Harpeth at either gym is so loud because the gym's at maximum capacity and the rivalry is so intense. There is some of that with Harpeth/Creekwood and I don't think that Harpeth has ever won there. At Creekwood seems to be the only Saturday night district game that the Indians ever play in which makes for a big crowd, lot's of them coaches from other district schools scouting.

As far as sixth man goes, Harpeth's student section has been winning that award of late.

Harpeth JV got beat by 1 against a 6 man Cascade squad that was missing a lot of players because of football. A glorified scrimmage by all accounts except the referees who were throwing T's like crazy.

If this is how it's gonna be I'm wondering if the Hall of Fame games are optional. I'd opt out. Cascade was a wonderful host. The referees were pitiful.