District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth gets the nod for 1st this year. The depth chart will be young, but coach is good at developing players and finding chemistry. Caruthers will challenge for MVP. It will be interesting to see how Sycamore fares with a new coach.....could go either way. Waverly is a dangerous team and will be a threat even without size......they have excellent guard play. Creek Wood could be the X Factor this year......we won't know until we see them play. Cheatham will be feisty as always and you cannot look past them.....they are going to miss Dansby. Fairview will be steady with Johnson but don't see them in the top half. Stewart County seems to have some talent but not sure if they have the discipline. MC is trying to rebuild but they aren't there yet.

this is off topic, but me and ksgovols had a debate about kids transfering to other schools and he didnt like it and look what happened??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> thats funny to me....

anyway creek wood has a pretty good x factor that will help them in the long run.....EXPERIENCE. many of their returning players saw a huge amount of playing time last year throughout the season. just ask harpeth about last year when they came to thwood. i believe it was a 18 point come back and CW had 3 sophmores a junior and a senior on the court if i remember correctly. bottom line, CW has the potiential to do somethin big with this season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

this is off topic, but me and ksgovols had a debate about kids transfering to other schools and he didnt like it and look what happened??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> thats funny to me....

anyway creek wood has a pretty good x factor that will help them in the long run.....EXPERIENCE. many of their returning players saw a huge amount of playing time last year throughout the season. just ask harpeth about last year when they came to thwood. i believe it was a 18 point come back and CW had 3 sophmores a junior and a senior on the court if i remember correctly. bottom line, CW has the potiential to do somethin big with this season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You're right and no one underestimates Creek Wood. They always provide an aggressive challenge. Should be some fun and exciting basketball this season.

That's not what we had a debate about boobie and I knew what was going on with DD while we were debating. We were debating the fact that the higher classification school won't play the lower class school because there is an open zone policy in Dickson County. Any kid in Dickson County can go to either school. That's not transferring. That's picking one of two options. Transfers have to be approved through TSSAA for athletes. I don't care whether Creekwood has an open zone or not, but I don't blame Dickson County for not scheduling them. That game is a recruiting tool if there are open zones imo. Why would DC play CW?

I also have Creekwood #2 on my pre-season predictions. They lost several, but as you said their underclassmen got them back in the Harpeth game last year. They'll be strong this year.

Beside the playday on November 15th at Harpeth, the Indians open at Cascade on the 18th and Kenwood at home on the 21st. I don't know how everybody else feels about HoF games, but the referees are paid, the teams are wearing their game day unies......................they count.

Harpeth's pre-Christmas schedule is not for the faint of heart. Maybe they'll go .500.

Harpeth's schedule

Though i am a creekwood grad, and i do agree with boobie.....here are my picks...

1. Harpeth - Caruthers will win district mvp, I dont see anyone who can stop him in the district, he is a leader and will lead his team to the district title

2. Creek Wood - No real standout leaders on this team but they are very experienced and play as a TEAM, will be a tough task to keep them from top spot.

3. Waverly

4. Sycamore

5.Fairview

6.Stewart Co.

7.Cheatham Co.

8. Montgomery Central

Though i am a creekwood grad, and i do agree with boobie.....here are my picks...

1. Harpeth - Caruthers will win district mvp, I dont see anyone who can stop him in the district, he is a leader and will lead his team to the district title

2. Creek Wood - No real standout leaders on this team but they are very experienced and play as a TEAM, will be a tough task to keep them from top spot.

3. Waverly

4. Sycamore

5.Fairview

6.Stewart Co.

7.Cheatham Co.

8. Montgomery Central

I agree the only thing CW is missing is a standout leader. i can think of some guys who could become one of the leaders, but we will have to wait and see...