Meigs Coaching

TigerTrainer

I saw in a previous thread someone was asking about some asst. coaches leaving Meigs. I believe you will see some changes at Meigs before next season.

One change has already been made, It is good to see The Head Coach "coaching" from the sidelines now, instead of letting someone else do it.

My main concern is this: Who will we get to come to Meigs to coach? Does anybody know someone interested in coming to Meigs?

We have some of the worst facilities in the state. The lights around the field have not been updated since the early 60's, The dressing room since the early 80's, The field has about a 10 ft. drop from one end to the other. and there is no money in the budget for any future upgrades.

There have been some nice improvements to the Baseball, Softball, and Basketball facilities while football gets ignored.

Most people don't understand how much money it really takes to keep up a football program. You have 10 -15 kids to take care of on a baseball, softball, basketball team. You have 40 - 60 kids on a football team. The equipment needed to play football costs more than other sports. Unlike the other sports, the football players are at the school (weight room, practice field) 10 months out of the year.

You only get 5 home games a year to try to raise what money you can. After that it's up to the coaches, parents and boosters to take up the slack.

Those of you who want "change" at Meigs need to get involved with the program. Maybe then we will be able to attract some new blood in coaching.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been negative in the past about the situation at Meigs. But after last nights game against Polk, although we got beat, I was impressed with how the coaches and players were prepared. The defense played their hearts out. Polk has a great defense, and gave the offense a fit, but so did our defense. The deciding factor in that game was Polk had kids fresh on offense in the second half, they just wore our defense down. So kudos to the Meigs players and staff.

I havent heard of coaches leaving but it would be no suprise. Last night was the best coaching effort of the year for our coaches. Our team seemed prepared even though we lost. The comment about trying to raise money for only 5 games may be why we dont have alot of money. If the players are at the school for 10 months why are we not raising money for 10 months?

• 2 weeks later...

Just guessing here but I bet part of the problem started before your ex-QB left. Also quessing it had something to do with Martin leaving. How many coaches are on Meigs coaching staff? Doesnt that make 3 coaches leaving the football team in less than a year? I think I smell a few rats. Its a shame that such a proud program should suffer with such problems. Where does the administration stand with this? Lots of unanswered questions at Meigs with all its athletic programs.

Just guessing here but I bet part of the problem started before your ex-QB left. Also quessing it had something to do with Martin leaving. How many coaches are on Meigs coaching staff? Doesnt that make 3 coaches leaving the football team in less than a year? I think I smell a few rats. Its a shame that such a proud program should suffer with such problems. Where does the administration stand with this? Lots of unanswered questions at Meigs with all its athletic programs.

Where is Coach Davis going? He has been everywhere - that man!