2009-2013 Classifications have been posted

PowerSweep

I think it will be intresting to see how 3A (5A--6A) works out in middle Tn.

Any ideas how they will divide up these groupings?

Clarksville schools

West Creek-5

Northeast-5

Kenwood-5

Northwest-5

Clarksville-5

Rossview-6

Where will Henry Co. and Dickson Co. go?

Murfreesboro schools

Oakland-6

Blackman-6

Smyrna-6

Lavergne-6

Siegel-6

Lavergne-6

Riverdale-6

Metro-Nashville Schools

Hillwood-5

Hillsboro-5

Cane Ridge-5

Glencliff-5

Overton-6

Hunters Lane-6

Antioch-6

Mcgavock-6

Will any of these teams be moved in to the WillCo. Schools?

Williamson Co Schools

Centennial-5

Brentwood-6

Indy-6

Ravenwood-6

Franklin-6

North Middle Tn. (unless you have a better term)

Portland-5

Springfield-5

Station Camp-5

Beech-5

Hendersonville-5

Gallatin-5

Lebanon-6

Wilson Cent-6

Mt. Juliet-6

South Middle (S.W. Middle?)

Tullahoma-5

Lawrence Co.-5

Shelbyville-5

Columbia-5

Franklin Co.-6

Lincoln Co.-6

Coffe Co.-6

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catsvoice

From what I understand you can't necessarily look at the coming region groupings in quite the simple terms that have been presented here. Wouldn't it just be great if they actually would just make it simple and put these counties/regions together?

For instance, Coffee Co., which is obviously in Southern Middle Tennessee and just 10-15 miles from Tullahoma, Shelbyville, and Winchester, is going to be placed in a region with Warren Co., White Co., Cookeville, and Cumberland Co. Gee I wonder who will win that region every single year??

Meanwhile Columbia and Lawrence Co. are being pulled up into the region with Tullahoma, Shelbyville, Winchester, etc. This makes no sense to anyone who is familiar with the geography here. The concept of Columbia and Lawrence Co. in what is now District 8-AAA was fine 30 years ago when there weren't many schools in Maury and Williamson Co. Now though?

I think it will be intresting to see how 3A (5A--6A) works out in middle Tn.

Any ideas how they will divide up these groupings?

Clarksville schools

West Creek-5

Northeast-5

Kenwood-5

Northwest-5

Clarksville-5

Rossview-6

Where will Henry Co. and Dickson Co. go?

Murfreesboro schools

Oakland-6

Blackman-6

Smyrna-6

Lavergne-6

Siegel-6

Lavergne-6

Riverdale-6

Metro-Nashville Schools

Hillwood-5

Hillsboro-5

Cane Ridge-5

Glencliff-5

Overton-6

Hunters Lane-6

Antioch-6

Mcgavock-6

Will any of these teams be moved in to the WillCo. Schools?

Williamson Co Schools

Centennial-5

Brentwood-6

Indy-6

Ravenwood-6

Franklin-6

North Middle Tn. (unless you have a better term)

Portland-5

Springfield-5

Station Camp-5

Beech-5

Hendersonville-5

Gallatin-5

Lebanon-6

Wilson Cent-6

Mt. Juliet-6

South Middle (S.W. Middle?)

Tullahoma-5

Lawrence Co.-5

Shelbyville-5

Columbia-5

Franklin Co.-6

Lincoln Co.-6

Coffe Co.-6

I think HCHS and DCHS will be playing the Clarksville Teams during regular season and then when playoff time come they are seeded in 6A??

This is not quite right. First, the districts have not been set yet-- that will be done on Nov. 13. The system will work just like SEC football. But for the sake of this argument -- If Antioch beat Hunters Lane and McGavock but in the final district standings they have a worse district record than Hunters Lane and/or McGavock they would not get the automatic berth.

Example:

If the final standing were:

Hunters Lane (6A) 5-1

McGavock (6A) 4-2

Antioch (6A) 3-3

Glencliff (5A) 3-3

Hillsboro (5A) 2-4

Hillwood (5A) 1-5

Cane Ridge (5A) 0-6

In this scenario even if Antioch had beaten Hunters Lane and McGavock, Hunters Lane would get the automatic 6A slot because of the better overall district record.

Earl,

So in this scnerio, does Glenciff get an automatic 5A bid?

Earl,

The answer would be no. Only McGavock and Hunters Lane would automatically for the playoffs from the way I understand it (only the top 2 schools are garanteed a playoff spot, regardless of classification). Then the rest of the spots are determined by Wild Card spots (see last year's and this year's 2A playoffs for an idea of how it will work.)

The answer would be no. Only McGavock and Hunters Lane would automatically for the playoffs from the way I understand it (only the top 2 schools are garanteed a playoff spot, regardless of classification). Then the rest of the spots are determined by Wild Card spots (see last year's and this year's 2A playoffs for an idea of how it will work.)

Can you elaborate on how 2A's playoffs are? That would help me (and I think most people here) a lot.

Can you elaborate on how 2A's playoffs are? That would help me (and I think most people here) a lot.

From the TSSAA handbook:

B. In Class 2A, all teams are required to play all other teams in their region. Teams with the most region victories

shall be declared the region winner, runner-up, and third place and shall advance to the first round of the football

play-off series. Twenty-seven of the 32 teams for the play-off series will be selected from nine regions. The

remaining five slots will be filled with wild card selections. These five teams will be selected by the guidelines that

are in the football regulations

All of the Class 2A schools that did not qualify for the football play-offs as one of the top three teams from their

region will be sorted by overall won-loss records. The top five teams in overall won-loss records will make the

play-offs as wild cards. In the event of a tie in overall records for the 32nd position, then factors such as head-to-

head, opponents with victories over teams winning 50% of their games, etc., will determine the five play-off

teams.

Once the 32 teams have been selected for the play-offs, the 32 schools will be geographically grouped into four

eight-team quadrants. This grouping will be done without regard to region alignments.

The eight teams within each quadrant are placed in the bracket so that teams from the same region will not play

each other in the first round. The only exception is when 5 or more teams from the same region qualify for the

play-offs.

Placements are then done with priorities given to automatic qualifiers based on their region finish followed by Wild

Cards. There may be times were teams have to be placed other than their order of region finish to avoid teams

from the same region meeting in the first round.

I hope my last post helps some.

Earl,

That would be correct.

In the case of:

Hunters Lane (6A) 5-1

McGavock (6A) 4-2

Antioch (6A) 3-3

Glencliff (5A) 3-3

Hillsboro (5A) 2-4

Hillwood (5A) 1-5

Cane Ridge (5A) 0-6

Glencliff would be an automatic qualifier in 5A as would Hillsboro (4 5A teams means two automatic qualifiers), Hunters Lane (6A) and McGavock (6A) would be automatic since they are the top two finishers in the district.

The other teams in the district could still get in, but it would have to be the wild card route.

That would be correct.

In the case of:

Hunters Lane (6A) 5-1

McGavock (6A) 4-2

Antioch (6A) 3-3

Glencliff (5A) 3-3

Hillsboro (5A) 2-4

Hillwood (5A) 1-5

Cane Ridge (5A) 0-6

Glencliff would be an automatic qualifier in 5A as would Hillsboro (4 5A teams means two automatic qualifiers), Hunters Lane (6A) and McGavock (6A) would be automatic since they are the top two finishers in the district.

The other teams in the district could still get in, but it would have to be the wild card route.

That just summed up everything perfectly for me. Thank you very much.