Milan vs. Trenton Peabody

baddawg

Actually if you want to take the time to read THIS thread....not much talk about the actual game going on in here. I believe there was one post about Milan wiping Trenton off the face of the earth.....another about the QB playing b/c he's a coaches son....so no I was stating MY opinion in what I took from this thread. and no...I'm not a teenager but I know what it's like to be in their situation.

So if you can't leave people's opinions alone I suggest you go sit in a corner. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

[/quote

BullDawgGirl03 I respect what you had to say. You seem to have a lot of class. Those kids have played through a lot and continue to do so. I hope to make it to the game Friday night. I'll be the one cheering for the kids not bashing them.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nwtnsports

Here's some football talk:

Peabody likes to run, a lot. Milan's defense is statistically the best in the region, giving up 113 ypg.

So, I'm wondering if the Golden Tide defense will be able to stop the Milan offense.

The Bulldogs have a strong running game, as well as a solid quarterback and really good passing game.

Good grief.

I periodically check these boards to see what the talk is about, and it appears to me that the talk is less and less about football.

I say Trenton over Milan by 6.

Roll Tide.

you've got to be kidding me! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Here's some football talk:

Peabody likes to run, a lot. Milan's defense is statistically the best in the region, giving up 113 ypg.

So, I'm wondering if the Golden Tide defense will be able to stop the Milan offense.

The Bulldogs have a strong running game, as well as a solid quarterback and really good passing game.

NW you got to be a politician one day, Milan's D best in the region 113 yds per game on the ground. What is it in the air? Milan has been a play or 2 from 3 or 4 losses this year. Worst Milan D in years. It will catch up to them in the playoffs. Preach hurt all you want, it wasn't any better when they were all there. No pressure on the QB, No tight coverage on recievers. With so much speed, you would think those would be 2 things that could happen.

I would like the Rodgers kid to get a chance to show what he's got. From what I understand, the kids feel the same way. I also have heard since the start of the year, he looked better than Lumley in the scrimages. The kids however knew he would not get a chance to play.

I say why not try. What could it hurt? At worst the kid gains some game time. At best we find a better QB. (MAYBE THIS IS THE PROBLEM)

I understand we are down, we lack a lot of "skill players", and we don't have many options. I understand we have to run the ball, no problem there. But can we not at least try to improve in some way? Why does Peabody football have to be "Good enough"? Why can't we have a higher standard? Why are we not allowed to have the highest expectations for our kids......like Milan? I truely had hoped we rounded a corner last year. Looks like the coaches haven't made the turn. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

ROLL TIDE

Coaches haven't "made the turn"? Does that mean the coaches "made the turn" last year with the playoff win vs. Milan and, in the words of Phillip Fulmer, got dumb overnight?. Get real Tide fans, there are down years. True fans stick with their team.

Coaches haven't "made the turn"? Does that mean the coaches "made the turn" last year with the playoff win vs. Milan and, in the words of Phillip Fulmer, got dumb overnight?. Get real Tide fans, there are down years. True fans stick with their team.

I can assure you I am a true fan. And I will continue to be. I have seen down years before.

However I can't stand not trying. The kids are giving all they have. Why do we not hold our staff to that standard?

And to answer your question, no the coaches did not make the turn last year, or they would be trying in some way to right the ship. Instead they are just maintaining the status quo. Thats not good enough anymore.

Guest nwtnsports

NW you got to be a politician one day, Milan's D best in the region 113 yds per game on the ground. What is it in the air? Milan has been a play or 2 from 3 or 4 losses this year. Worst Milan D in years. It will catch up to them in the playoffs. Preach hurt all you want, it wasn't any better when they were all there. No pressure on the QB, No tight coverage on recievers. With so much speed, you would think those would be 2 things that could happen.

Thanks, I guess. The reason pass defense wasn't brought up is because I figured Peabody wouldn't pass much this week - the most attempts they've had in a game is 10, and they've attempted five passes or fewer in four games. But since I like to be fair, Milan gives up 171 passing yards per game. That's last in the region. 795 yards combined to USJ and JCS.

I agree completely with your statement, though. Might not hurt them the next three weeks, but at some point, it will.

you've got to be kidding me! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well, to be honest, I've been in it a while, and I've seen stranger things happen.

Actually if you want to take the time to read THIS thread....not much talk about the actual game going on in here. I believe there was one post about Milan wiping Trenton off the face of the earth.....another about the QB playing b/c he's a coaches son....so no I was stating MY opinion in what I took from this thread. and no...I'm not a teenager but I know what it's like to be in their situation.

So if you can't leave people's opinions alone I suggest you go sit in a corner. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hey Bo Peep, I'll have you know - I'm no little Jack Horner.