Oak Ridge Wildcats are becoming a Powerhouse again

Ole Dad

Oak Ridge has now won its 4 games for the year. That is quite a feat when you consider that the 4 teams they have beaten have combined for 6 total wins on the season. The more sad statistic is they have squeaked by in most of those wins.

Remember when Stevens took over from Lussier and was publicly announcing that he had arrived with his new high powered "Run and Gun" offense? Lussier's last team averaged 45 points a game and Stevens was going to blow that away. He was going to get all the kids to come out for football that Lussier couldn't get. How is it that there are half as many players on the team now as when Lussier left?

Heck by the time this season is over Stevens record for the last 3 years will be 17-14. He will have lost 14 games in his last 3 years. In comparison, Lussier lost 14 games in 6 years. Emory Hale lost 23 games in 12 years and Joe Gattis lost 24 games in 11 years.

Food for thought.

Ram Dad

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Martin 1943-1947 (23-18-1) (60%)

Buist Warren 1948-1951 (30-10-2) (73.8%)

John Francis 1952-1954 (24-3-3) (85%)

Jack Armstrong 1955-1968 (105-28-5) (77.9%)

Emory Hale 1969-1980 (112-23) (83.0%)

Bill Young 1981-1987 (57-21) (73.1%)

Joe Gaddis 1988-1998 (119-24) (83.2%)

Bruce Lussier 1999- 2004 (62-14) (81.6%)

Stanton Stevens 2005- ( 29-13 ) (69.05%)

what was bill young's record at OR?

Oak Ridge has now won its 4 games for the year. That is quite a feat when you consider that the 4 teams they have beaten have combined for 6 total wins on the season. The more sad statistic is they have squeaked by in most of those wins.

Remember when Stevens took over from Lussier and was publicly announcing that he had arrived with his new high powered "Run and Gun" offense? Lussier's last team averaged 45 points a game and Stevens was going to blow that away. He was going to get all the kids to come out for football that Lussier couldn't get. How is it that there are half as many players on the team now as when Lussier left?

Heck by the time this season is over Stevens record for the last 3 years will be 17-14. He will have lost 14 games in his last 3 years. In comparison, Lussier lost 14 games in 6 years. Emory Hale lost 23 games in 12 years and Joe Gattis lost 24 games in 11 years.

Food for thought.

Ram Dad

Ole Dad, it might be a Freudian slip on my part, but did you mean juggerNOT. I played against the Emory Hale teams. They were classy and well coached. We were fortunate to have 2 wins and a loss while I played. But as a Hill Topper we use to like to take it to Emory as he was an ex Hill Topper.

I hate to get in this but what the heck. I don't think Stevens is a good fit at Oak Ridge. It should be clear to all Oak Ridgers by now that this just ain't gonna' work. Cut him loose and hire a coach that can bring Oak Ridge back to where they are supposed to be. As a DB fan first and a Oak Ridge fan second I always dreaded playing Oak Ridge. It was a game you knew that if you won you would have to have some luck on your side. Now its getting like a game we expect to win. Theres way to much talent in Oak Ridge for this to be happening. I would think it wouldn't be hard to find a great coach with the tradition and talent Oak Ridge has.

To the people signing the paychecks there is nothing wrong with the program, the fans are just expecting too much

Hey we got a winning steak of one going right now. Just wait till next week...we'll really whop them guys from Soddy! But wait...Soddy beat McMinn last night and McMinn beat Oak Ridge. Uh Oh

To the people signing the paychecks there is nothing wrong with the program, the fans are just expecting too much

Hey we got a winning steak of one going right now. Just wait till next week...we'll really whop them guys from Soddy! But wait...Soddy beat McMinn last night and McMinn beat Oak Ridge. Uh Oh

Sounds like you will have to out coach and out scheme them Daisyites /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Sounds like you will have to out coach and out scheme them Daisyites /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Don't think OR will out coach anybody /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

While we are harpooning sacred cows, BEEF ribs come to mind! Nothing like those foot long pieces of delight.

Bounder you do Beef ribs too? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Bounder remind me sometime to tell you about the time I almost got in BIG trouble in New Dehli trying to organize an improptu BBQ. The big Sikh policeman looked like one of the O-lineman from Germantown we faced in the finals of the BC Bowl! I was NOT PC there either. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you read the posts on the Oak Ridger we are a powerhouse.

LOL

Ram Dad

While we are harpooning sacred cows, BEEF ribs come to mind! Nothing like those foot long pieces of delight.

Bounder you do Beef ribs too? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Bounder remind me sometime to tell you about the time I almost got in BIG trouble in New Dehli trying to organize an improptu BBQ. The big Sikh policeman looked like one of the O-lineman from Germantown we faced in the finals of the BC Bowl! I was NOT PC there either. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LOD usually when I cook beef it's a new york strip or a t-bone but I have cooked beef ribs and you're right lots of meat. As for trying to cook beef in India not a good idea, them folks don't take kindly to eating their past relatives.

As for ten years of Stanton "the knife" Stevens I don't believe the system could stand it. He has had two strikes and when he gets his third it could be ugly. I want the best for my Wildcats and I don't think he can get it done in the long run. I don't hire or fire so I just have to fuss on coachT.

Announcements