waverly vs. huntingdon

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wavo had a bad snap over the qb's head,we recover and score.the refs need to watch some football on t.v. tommorrow and learn a little about the game!anyway,good win for a young team. take this and build on it. MR. MUSTANG you the man!

That play was a real turning point in my humble opinion and frustrating on 2 levels. For one, Huntingdon was getting the ball to start the third and the Tigers didn't need to go down 14-0. The second frustration was that the 3rd down play with the bad snap happened on what should've been a first down. The kid on 2nd down made the reception, went down, and two officials marked the ball on the spot that would've been good for 1st down yardage. Another official moved the ball a good 2 yards back, making it 3rd instead of 1st down. Amusingly, the head official gave the signal that Waverly recovered the ball but he pointed the wrong way as it was obvious to everyone that Huntingdon recovered the ball.

As far as the comment on the officials go it's good to see someone else was baffled by the officiating. Either way congratulations to Huntingdon on a well played game.

Hopefully everyone had a safe trip back home.

BTW, kudos to #34 for Waverly on showing a lot of heart tonight, especially considering that he played hurt.

Thanks Waverly..

My question to you is "where are ya'lls fans". My Pigskin Pal "Hoofbeat" counted 74 Waverly fans and I counted 70 in the stands. Probably 15 or so on the sidelines. Heck we carry more than that to a horseshoe contest. Waverly's band didn't even show up.

Good game by the Mustangs tonight. Defense played great.

Obviously the fans were the same place our team was. What a poor poor showing tonight by the Tigers. Perhaps the worst performance since the Wayne County game in the first week. A very uninspired Waverly squad just didn't come ready tonight and Huntingdon did.

I expected Huntingdon to play good since it was their Homecoming, but never did I expect Waverly to play this poorly. It really backs Waverly into a corner now.