waverly vs. huntingdon

No, no one knows what will happen. Only the Almighty. You think you do. I think I do. No one expected Huntingdon to beat Waverly either. Check my quote at the bottom. I believe that. If you don't ask USC when they played Oregon State or Stanford last year. Ask Michigan last year when they played Appalachian St.

Papatiger... Part of your post is correct but part is wrong too. 99.99% of knowledgeable fans know that Camden is going to beat Waverly bad. Camden has a good team and Waverly plays hard but just doesn't have the talent. Upsets happen but when it does the underdog usually has a real chance. If Waverly beats Camden I'll never open another can of Skoal...

I think you would be more credible if you would quit sugar coating your beloved Tigers.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no one knows what will happen. Only the Almighty. You think you do. I think I do. No one expected Huntingdon to beat Waverly either. Check my quote at the bottom. I believe that. If you don't ask USC when they played Oregon State or Stanford last year. Ask Michigan last year when they played Appalachian St.

You mean no Waverly fan thought Huntingdon would beat the Tigers. Go back and read the posts. Alot of posters gave Waverly a good shot but stated over and over that Huntingdon is Huntingdon and they are a program that knows alot about over coming adversity and pulling out a win no matter what. Huntingdon has been the nail in Camden's coffin for too many years for us to ever count out the Stangs. This was not a gimme game in anyone's imagination but your own.

I think the only people who thought that Huntingdon could not beat the tigers are those who have never played the game and don't understand that when a team with alot of history and pride is ailing that is when they are the most dangerous. Those people who have played ball before should know that this was going to be a tough game as it was. Other than Lewis County, I have not seen such a domination of a good waverly run defense as the Stangs had last night. It is a long hard fight for Waverly now, but postseason can still be attained. I don't think these tigers will abandon ship because they have lost one region game. I don't think they will roll over for the Irish or the Lions and go quiet into the night. As far as the fan base goes, it seems like over the past ten years the only people in Humphreys County that support teams are the parents and some students and the loyal twenty to thirty year die-hard sports fans. I don't know why people don't understand that sports keep kids from being in trouble, but sports are just not an emphasis in HC except to a few who have a love for the athletic endeavor.

Papatiger... Part of your post is correct but part is wrong too. 99.99% of knowledgeable fans know that Camden is going to beat Waverly bad. Camden has a good team and Waverly plays hard but just doesn't have the talent. Upsets happen but when it does the underdog usually has a real chance. If Waverly beats Camden I'll never open another can of Skoal...

I think you would be more credible if you would quit sugar coating your beloved Tigers.

Well first of all,if you believe that was the Tiger team that had been playing all year, I've got some beach front property in Huntingdon I'll sell you for cheap. That was perhaps the worst showing I've seen the Tigers play all except perhaps the Wayne County game which was the first game of the year. The play was uninspired and the Tigers seemed like they were in another world. They didn't fly to the ball like they have all year. Misfired on passes.

Now, I do give Huntindon props, they played great, but just like one of your posters said, it was the best game they had played all year. I expected Huntingdon to play hard with it being Homecoming and with their tradition. But the best team DIDN'T win last night. I expected Waverly to win by about 14 and they should have, but they didn't.

But the best team DIDN'T win last night. I expected Waverly to win by about 14 and they should have, but they didn't.

Are you freakin kidding me? The best team last night won last night...and that's all that matters. I guess SC could say that about the night you guys beat them. They turned around and then stomped H'Town...the team that stomped you guys last night. So I guess SC must be the better team then? Logic much?

Are you freakin kidding me? The best team last night won last night...and that's all that matters. I guess SC could say that about the night you guys beat them. They turned around and then stomped H'Town...the team that stomped you guys last night. So I guess SC must be the better team then? Logic much?

well said

Well first of all,if you believe that was the Tiger team that had been playing all year, I've got some beach front property in Huntingdon I'll sell you for cheap. That was perhaps the worst showing I've seen the Tigers play all except perhaps the Wayne County game which was the first game of the year. The play was uninspired and the Tigers seemed like they were in another world. They didn't fly to the ball like they have all year. Misfired on passes.

Now, I do give Huntindon props, they played great, but just like one of your posters said, it was the best game they had played all year. I expected Huntingdon to play hard with it being Homecoming and with their tradition. But the best team DIDN'T win last night. I expected Waverly to win by about 14 and they should have, but they didn't.

They didnt fly to the ball because half the time they didnt know where it was at. great job of execution and coaching on huntingdons behalf.

Very well said....

According to records and unbiased opinions...I would probably say Waverly was favored to win the game by 7 or so...but those type of upsets happen in high school football....Camden on the other hand will be favored by 25....those dont happen in high school football

We'll see Oct. 30th. Don't count out the Tigers. AND NO the best team didn't win last night. End of conversation. We're moving on.

you know, you are such a joke...

all last week i read about how if you had the SC schedule you would be undefeated (how's that mustang part workin' out for ya?) and about how the most important part of the game would be, incredibly, who would pay for the pregame, fatcat meal you were gonna eat...oh, you ate alright, you ate a whole lot of CROW! you guys (the fans) got exactly what you asked for...your keyboards handed to you in your gut...how was that ride home? do much soul searchin'? did you think about how SC beat that team? (you should of)

your only problem is the fact that you, papatiger are blinded by devotion...hey, that's a good thing but when you get your butt beat you get it beat...your team got beat by a better team...a team that wanted it more beat you, a team with more heart beat you, a team that "showed up" beat you...don't act like it didn't happen, it did

you lost to huntingdon and SC beat huntingdon! darn, that sure throws a monkey wrench into all your well laid dinner plans for the future, doesn't it?

try thinking more about the game next week and helping your team out somewhere instead of proclaiming them winner at the dinner table and "moving on"

move on with another loss

As far as the meal goes, a lot of that was simple conversation. And yes, it was good to see papa and his crew before the game (even though he didn't pay). For the record, nowhere in the conversation was anything about a guaranteed W for showing up.

I don't understand the anger going on in your comments towards papatiger. You may have a problem with him, but the least we can do around here is be respectful to one another and refrain from the insults. Just my $.02