Gallatin (6-1, 4-0) VS Hunters Lane (7-0, 4-0)

Gtowner

Well, I have certainly heard alot on this thread about the run, establishing the run, stopping the run, and using the run to keep opposing defenses on the field... But I want to point out that the one sustained drive that Matthews led last week was packed with passing goodies. I think Lassiter is finally learning that he has potentially the best quarterback and receiving core in the region, and that he IS allowed to use them accordingly. The play calling was fearless last week, and the fact that the coaches had enough confidence to let Perry throw like he did tells me that they are tired of losing not only games, but fan support. Kudos to the coaches last week. I am going to disagree with Gwave and Wave88 on this one. I think Gallatin WILL put up more than 30 points in this game, and I think it is going to come via a flurry of play calls, and possibly a special teams touchdown. Here is another thing I am looking for in this game----turnovers. Gallatin hasn't really caused alot this year compared to years past, so I keep wondering when they will come. No better team than Hunters Lane. And just to stir up some banter, I would like to state that I genuinely believe that Hunters Lane High School is the most disgraceful secondary learning institution in the state of Tennessee. I don't really have a reason, other than I feel like saying that. The land on which their abismal excuse for a school sits would be better served as landfill. That being said, go Green Wave. Final score in this one.... 35-17 Gallatin.

Thems fightin' words, Squosh. There's nothing like a little trash talk to to stur up some hype around an already huge game! Hopefully, we can keep the Warriors from stomping and spitting on our G this year. The Terrell Owens Eagle swoop on Dallas' star a few years back comes to mind /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have certainly heard alot on this thread about the run, establishing the run, stopping the run, and using the run to keep opposing defenses on the field... But I want to point out that the one sustained drive that Matthews led last week was packed with passing goodies. I think Lassiter is finally learning that he has potentially the best quarterback and receiving core in the region, and that he IS allowed to use them accordingly. The play calling was fearless last week, and the fact that the coaches had enough confidence to let Perry throw like he did tells me that they are tired of losing not only games, but fan support. Kudos to the coaches last week. I am going to disagree with Gwave and Wave88 on this one. I think Gallatin WILL put up more than 30 points in this game, and I think it is going to come via a flurry of play calls, and possibly a special teams touchdown. Here is another thing I am looking for in this game----turnovers. Gallatin hasn't really caused alot this year compared to years past, so I keep wondering when they will come. No better team than Hunters Lane. And just to stir up some banter, I would like to state that I genuinely believe that Hunters Lane High School is the most disgraceful secondary learning institution in the state of Tennessee. I don't really have a reason, other than I feel like saying that. The land on which their abismal excuse for a school sits would be better served as landfill. That being said, go Green Wave. Final score in this one.... 35-17 Gallatin.

Dang, Squosh, that wasn't very nice!

Lack of discipline and kicking game, metro staples will allow the WAVE crush the lane!!!!

LACK OF DISCIPLINE?? R U SERIOUS? Wow we have on of the most discipline teams in metro! i gaurantee you that we are more discipline than GALLATIN! WEN WE BEAT GALLATIN AND ALL YOU SO CALLED "GHS FANS" WILL GO BACK INTO THE WOODWORK WERE U BELONG!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LACK OF DISCIPLINE?? R U SERIOUS? Wow we have on of the most discipline teams in metro! i gaurantee you that we are more discipline than GALLATIN! WEN WE BEAT GALLATIN AND ALL YOU SO CALLED "GHS FANS" WILL GO BACK INTO THE WOODWORK WERE U BELONG!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I find it very hard to believe that Hunters Lane is more disciplined than Gallatin. I was one of those 42 seniors that graduated in 07 and I know several people that played at Hunters Lane. When your players have to wear their hair short (no dreads/fros/etc) and yes sir/ma'am then you may have an arguing point but until I dont think so. However, I dont think that is really a topic in need of debate on here. I think that Gallatin's D has steadily gotten better after the switch from a base 4-3 to the 3-3-5. As far as the game goes, I think its lies solely in the hands of the playcalling and execution in all facets of the game. We CANNOT expect to go out there and run counters all night with a 9 man line. There will have to be a passing game show up and not in the 4th quarter either. Good luck Green Wave, I'm really looking forward to this game.

What is a so called "GHS fan" by your definition?

What is a so called "GHS fan" by your definition?

I HAVE SEEN BOTH TEAMS PLAY THIS YEAR...I GIVE THE EDGE TO HUNTERS LANE...THE WARRIORS ARE STRONGER...FASTER AND MORE ATHLETIC....HUNTERS LANE OFFENSIVE LINE WILL DOMINATE GALLATINS DEFENSIVE LINE....HUNTERS LANE WILL WIN BATTLE OF THE BIG GUYS IN THE TRENCHES...ONLY WAY GALLATIN CAN WIN THIS GAME IS OUT SCORE HUNTERS LANE....GALLATIN WILL HAVE TO PUT THE BALL IN THE AIR AT LEAST 50 % OF THE TIME IN THIS BALL GAME ...GALLATIN WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RUN ON HUNTERS LANE 'S TOUGH OUTSTANDING " D "...GOOD LUCK GREEN WAVE AND HOPE U PULL THIS ONE OUT

HUNTERS LANE .... 27

GALLATIN ............14

Ya know, those are some mighty big words for such a little person. Hunters Lane has integrity and heart and that is what it takes to win. This is going to be a big game without all the stupid hype and mud slingin. You dont need to talk about the school unless you have a good reason to back it up. The game is going to be very intense and as long as there are fair calls on the field it is going to be good old fashioned smash mouth football. I have had one son graduate already from the lane and one that is going to graduate this year... what past teams have done, you cant judge another. Come to the game and watch and may the best team win....

Of course its Hunters lane.

It is obvious to me that some of the people posting on this thread have no idea what they are talking about. For starters Gallatin is a very good football team. They are disciplined, fundamentally sound, very well coached and playing in Sumner County's version of title town. With that said, they have several key questions that will be difficult to answer this Friday night. The first being the dominate style of run defense that Hunters Lane displays on a weekly basis. Yes, Hunters Lane is the more physically gifted team this week. However, Hunters Lane's defense has dominated teams this season that have possessed greater talent than they. The key to Hunters Lane defense is the disciplined, methodical and precision oriented approach with which they plan for every opponent. Coach Dennis Moreno is probably the smartest non head coach in Tennessee, and the defense reflects that. Gallatin's strength this year is their between the tackles running game. They do have a great passer if Matthews is healthy, but their strength is the run. This is the very area people have been unsuccessful in when playing Hunters Lane.

Hunters Lane did have problems in the secondary early on but have worked diligently to overcome them. With that said Gallatin will most likely try to exploit that. Coach Lassiter is often criticized but he is a very good football coach as are his assistants, Gallatin will be prepared. But, prepared or not the task is daunting. Hunters Lane is not 7-0 by chance.

As far as the Gallatin defense, Nick Williamson is a very passionate, caring, and effective defensive coordinator, but he went to the 3-5-3 for a reason. Gallatin doesn't have the dominate defensive players they have enjoyed in recent years. They are hard working kids, passionate kids but not as dominate as they have been. Hunters Lane is not sexy on offense, but they can line it up and take it at you. All season long they have been well planned for, yet as the games drag on that hard hitting group of linemen and hard running backs just take over a game. Couple that with the improving passing, the sky is the limit for what they can do. So I have to say the slight edge goes to Hunters Lane in that match up.

I love Gallatin Greenwave football, green billows roll as they course throughout my veins but you gotta call it like you see it.

I would never predict a score, nor would I count out the Greenies. But a farsical prediction like 38 to whatever in favor of the G is silly. It will be a hard fought game, both sides will be prepared and ready to war. But this one looks to be slightly in favor of the Lane. But that's why they play the Game.

Good luck to both teams!!!

HAHAHA!!! WOW, next time don't hold back.