Gallatin (6-1, 4-0) VS Hunters Lane (7-0, 4-0)

Gtowner

On the coaches show yesterday coaches said he is ok. He was back in the locker room after the game. He got hit in the head on some freak accident. He and a db both fell down and hit each other. He got back to the sideline and didn't know where he was or what day it was, got his bell rung. Should be able to go this week.

Thats great news. Thanks for the update.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this game rests squarely on the shoulders of the Gallatin D. If they can't get off the field and give the offense opportunities to put something together then it's going to be a long night at the Wave Yard. HLHS has an outstanding defense and a good offense, good enough to control the ball if GHS can't stop the run.

GHS has to show up ready to play from the opening kickoff to the final whistle, something they didn't do Friday night against Overton.

This one should be a good on to watch but it could just as easily be a repeat of last years game! The fans do need to come out and support the Green Wave this week. There were plenty of empty seats this past week which is disappointing with the Wave having a good season. Let the boys know you support them by showing up this Friday and being loud!!!

WITH MATTHEWS HEALTHY: GALLATIN 38 - HUNTERS LANE 24

WITHOUT MATTHEWS HEALTHY: GALLATIN 24 - 21.

GALLATIN MOVES INTO THE DRIVERS SEAT AND FINISHES 9-1. I SEE THEM PASTING HENDERSONVILLE AND MCGAVOCK.

I don't think Gallatin will score anywhere near 38 points on Hunters Lane's defense. Hunters Lane has been very impressive against the run. This game will probably be close until a turnover or crucial penalty seperates the two. Gallatin's kicking game will be huge in this matchup. The Green Wave can not afford to let them have any better field postion than the twenty. They obviously have a really good size line by the way they looked in the stands the other night, so the defense better know what to expect. Wave88 is right on the money.

I also heard that Campbell had lost a family member recently so I send my condoliences.

GALLATIN MOVES INTO THE DRIVERS SEAT AND FINISHES 9-1. I SEE THEM PASTING HENDERSONVILLE AND MCGAVOCK.

I agree with GWAVE1, I don't see Gallatin scoring that many points on Hunters Lane this Friday. I also see close games the rest of the way for the Green Wave. HHS has a very good team this year and seem to be getting better each week. McGavock has been up and down this season, so you really don't know what team we will tangle with down there.

The Gallatin O has to have chances to make something happen and when they do have the chance they must sustain drives to rest the D... it will take a total team effort form start to finish to win this one.

Go Wave

i truly dont believe that gallatin will score over 14 points at best with or wihtout the matthews kid not that he's not important but this hunters lane defense will be prepared for anything as they have one of the best defensive coordinators in the state in coach moreno and he will have them ready for matthews and for the green wave if he is not playn i dont expect the blowout of last year(which was a great game for me lol)but i do expect a two or three touchdown win by the lane

i truly dont believe that gallatin will score over 14 points at best with or wihtout the matthews kid not that he's not important but this hunters lane defense will be prepared for anything as they have one of the best defensive coordinators in the state in coach moreno and he will have them ready for matthews and for the green wave if he is not playn i dont expect the blowout of last year(which was a great game for me lol)but i do expect a two or three touchdown win by the lane

Well, that's why the games are played now isn't it? Should be a good one to watch!

Gallatin is 5-2 versus Hunters Lane. However the 2 losses were very one sided. Last year the game was not even close. Gallatin looked outmatched from the very start and nothing good happened the entire night.

Interesting that HL is playing a two QB system. The Starling kid looks really impressive. He has good size and speed. They line him up like the Maynard Qb from Lebanon, with 2 backs to one side out of the shotgun and follow the lead blockers. The Green Wave defense is going to have their hands full trying to stop the run. Ezell is a monster at 6-0 225. Seems like the Warriors have a big back every year. Gallatin might have an edge in the kicking game but we can't let them have a big return. Hopefully Gallatin can get them into some passing situations. Going to be the biggest test for the Wave so far this season. I know several have been pointing to this game since the start of the year.

Well, I have certainly heard alot on this thread about the run, establishing the run, stopping the run, and using the run to keep opposing defenses on the field... But I want to point out that the one sustained drive that Matthews led last week was packed with passing goodies. I think Lassiter is finally learning that he has potentially the best quarterback and receiving core in the region, and that he IS allowed to use them accordingly. The play calling was fearless last week, and the fact that the coaches had enough confidence to let Perry throw like he did tells me that they are tired of losing not only games, but fan support. Kudos to the coaches last week. I am going to disagree with Gwave and Wave88 on this one. I think Gallatin WILL put up more than 30 points in this game, and I think it is going to come via a flurry of play calls, and possibly a special teams touchdown. Here is another thing I am looking for in this game----turnovers. Gallatin hasn't really caused alot this year compared to years past, so I keep wondering when they will come. No better team than Hunters Lane. And just to stir up some banter, I would like to state that I genuinely believe that Hunters Lane High School is the most disgraceful secondary learning institution in the state of Tennessee. I don't really have a reason, other than I feel like saying that. The land on which their abismal excuse for a school sits would be better served as landfill. That being said, go Green Wave. Final score in this one.... 35-17 Gallatin.

HUNTERS LANE WILL WIN THIS GAME1 WE HAVE ONE OF THE BEST DEFENSES IN THE MIDSTATE, WE ARE UNDEFEATED AND WERE STATE BOUND. IVE BEEN AT HL FOR 4 YRS AND OUR BOYS BELIEVE THIS YEAR. THIS YEAR IS DESTINY. WE WONT BLOW OUT GALLATIN BUT WE WILL DEFEAT THEM.

HLHS 21-GHS 7 /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Well, I have certainly heard alot on this thread about the run, establishing the run, stopping the run, and using the run to keep opposing defenses on the field... But I want to point out that the one sustained drive that Matthews led last week was packed with passing goodies. I think Lassiter is finally learning that he has potentially the best quarterback and receiving core in the region, and that he IS allowed to use them accordingly. The play calling was fearless last week, and the fact that the coaches had enough confidence to let Perry throw like he did tells me that they are tired of losing not only games, but fan support. Kudos to the coaches last week. I am going to disagree with Gwave and Wave88 on this one. I think Gallatin WILL put up more than 30 points in this game, and I think it is going to come via a flurry of play calls, and possibly a special teams touchdown. Here is another thing I am looking for in this game----turnovers. Gallatin hasn't really caused alot this year compared to years past, so I keep wondering when they will come. No better team than Hunters Lane. And just to stir up some banter, I would like to state that I genuinely believe that Hunters Lane High School is the most disgraceful secondary learning institution in the state of Tennessee. I don't really have a reason, other than I feel like saying that. The land on which their abismal excuse for a school sits would be better served as landfill. That being said, go Green Wave. Final score in this one.... 35-17 Gallatin.

I LIKE THIS GUY