Gallatin (6-1, 4-0) VS Hunters Lane (7-0, 4-0)

Gtowner

Hunters Lane is avg. 27.7 points a game and giving up avg. 12.4. I was kind of surprised by that. All this talk from the Hunters Lane supporters about this incredible defense. HL has given up 20 or more points in three games and have had 3 games giving up over 100 yards rushing and 5 with over 100 yards passing. Gallatin may not score a point Friday night but your claims of the best defense are overexaggerated.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunters Lane is avg. 27.7 points a game and giving up avg. 12.4. I was kind of surprised by that. All this talk from the Hunters Lane supporters about this incredible defense. HL has given up 20 or more points in three games and have had 3 games giving up over 100 yards rushing and 5 with over 100 yards passing. Gallatin may not score a point Friday night but your claims of the best defense are overexaggerated.

Gallatin will have to pass to win this game...I have seen both these teams play more than once....It will be tough for the G-men to substain a long drive just running the football ( none of the teams they have played have been able to just run the ball including a very explosive maplewood team )...They stack the d-line with their line backers within 3 yds of the line of scrimmage and will have ( 8 men in the box ) with great size and speed..I sat behind Richard Cambell and his staff last friday nite at the wave yard and i can assure you that great coaching staff with have their kids ready to play....Gallatin can win this game if they mix the pass with the run but cant wait till 3rd down to do so...Gallatin needs to pass early and often to make hunters lanes linebackers and DB's play back off the line of scrimmage...I can assure you they watched the film of Smyrna game....It hasnt been luck that Hunters lane is 7-0

they are a very good football team ...I hope the same Gallatin D shows up that was in the second half of Overton game..

Good luck wave...

This will be a huge measuring stick game for both of these teams tomorrow night. HLs "awsome" D will be put to the test with a very capable Gallatin offense, and vise versa. If you dont have a game to watch or your team is on a bye week, I'd say it would be worth your while to make the trip out to the Wave yard Friday night and see the Green Wave take on the Hunters Lane Warriors.

I can't help but agree with Gwave. I have heard so much about this HLHS D, in fact, one said in another thread that the Warrior D is possibly the "best you'll see in ur football watchin life" I'm sorry, but stellar defenses don't give up 12.5 ppg and allow 20 or more 3 times a year. Granted, those aren't terrible numbers, they certainly aren't "best i've ever seen".

On a side note, Gallatin is scoring 32.14 points per game and allowing 15.....

Funny how this game seems to have the same themes every year. Hunters Lane has a good defense and speed at the skill postions. Gallatin needs to pass in order to win. Same story different year.

One thing I have noticed is that Gallatin will have to do a better job of tackling. They get to the ball but arm tackle or fail to wrap up at times. This is the type of game that you must grab ahold of anything you can get your hands on(facemask excluded) and hang on until someone can come and give you some help. Very interested in seeing if Gallatin can sure up the middle while not letting those speed guys get to the ends.

I agree Gtowner. I have seen much better statwise anyway.

Hey, yes you are exactly right. It sounds as if you at Hunters Lane are so much more disciplined than here at Gallatin. If you cannot spell words right, that is one thing, but after you get a schooling from Gallatin on Friday night, just stop by the high school on Monday and we will be more than happy to give you a schooling in the English language as well. It doesn't mean much when you say that you are the most disciplined team in Metro. And we are exactly where we belong, 6-1 after playing more decent teams than you, and we will be exactly where we belong after the game on Friday night, atop the region, and right there in the "woodwork" for region championship. And one more thing, we are not just "so called GHS fans", we are truly proud GHS fans and there is no doubt in that and you will see that when you step on our turf. So have fun because after Friday night you will see that your school is in fact in a landfill of metro teams.

OK WATeVER you say there arthur. but newayz this came will b packed "GHS fANS" will be standing tryng to be loud and they shud be. I WIl be there and with al THIS TRASH TALKING ABOUT US AND THE "LANDFILL" IS BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL AND I WOULD NOT BE SURPISED IF WE DOMINATE YOU GUYS! AND IF WE WIN MACARTHUR IL SHOW YOU WHAT A LANDFILL REALLY LOOKS LIKE

Well, I have certainly heard alot on this thread about the run, establishing the run, stopping the run, and using the run to keep opposing defenses on the field... But I want to point out that the one sustained drive that Matthews led last week was packed with passing goodies. I think Lassiter is finally learning that he has potentially the best quarterback and receiving core in the region, and that he IS allowed to use them accordingly. The play calling was fearless last week, and the fact that the coaches had enough confidence to let Perry throw like he did tells me that they are tired of losing not only games, but fan support. Kudos to the coaches last week. I am going to disagree with Gwave and Wave88 on this one. I think Gallatin WILL put up more than 30 points in this game, and I think it is going to come via a flurry of play calls, and possibly a special teams touchdown. Here is another thing I am looking for in this game----turnovers. Gallatin hasn't really caused alot this year compared to years past, so I keep wondering when they will come. No better team than Hunters Lane. And just to stir up some banter, I would like to state that I genuinely believe that Hunters Lane High School is the most disgraceful secondary learning institution in the state of Tennessee. I don't really have a reason, other than I feel like saying that. The land on which their abismal excuse for a school sits would be better served as landfill. That being said, go Green Wave. Final score in this one.... 35-17 Gallatin.

oUR football team has printed this out and has blown up all the negative things you said in this and our boys are more than focused because of what youve said! last time we found bulletin board material for a game WE WON. AND THAT GAME WAS AGAINST HARD nosed football team in maplewood! we held MAPLEWOOD TO 1 YARD OF OFFENSE IN THE SECOND HALF! SO BEWARE GHS

I DO NOT THINK GALLITAN HAS TO THROW TO WIN. THEY NEED TO BE PATIENT BECAUSE HUNTERS LANE WILL NOT SCORE MORE THAN 14 BECAUSE THEY CANT THROW EITHER. IF GALLITAN POUNDS ON THEM THEY WILL WIN THE GAME IN THE 4TH QUARTER.

we will stop them no body can pound away and will on us. our d is to good and big for that

oUR football team has printed this out and has blown up all the negative things you said in this and our boys are more than focused because of what youve said! last time we found bulletin board material for a game WE WON. AND THAT GAME WAS AGAINST HARD nosed football team in maplewood! we held MAPLEWOOD TO 1 YARD OF OFFENSE IN THE SECOND HALF! SO BEWARE GHS

I don't condone or agree with the idiotic statement that Squosh made about your school. I feel it was a very childish and uncalled for thing to say, whatever the reason he/she may have had for saying it. I don't know much about HLHS but I know it's no landfield. Hunters Lane has a very good football program and a fine school too, I'm sure.

Now, as for providing bulletin board material, there have been a few post by you that have become bulletin board material for the boys from Gallatin. So, don't think your boys have any more motivation to win that Gallatin does. You have also give given H'ville a little more incentive too. Your team may very well win tonight but don't think for one minute that our boys are intimidated by your HLHS team. They know the large task at hand and will battle the Warrior's for four quarters.

GHS 17

HLHS 14

Go Wave