Betsy vs. Tenneessee High

THSVikings2004

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great game vikings, had complete control the entire game. the touchdown pass your qb threw was great. very well executed.

as far as the cyclones the kids played with heart. one series though it was 2nd and 22 and betsy runs a qb run play. then the next play, (3rd and 22) it was a screen. from what i've seen this year the screens haven't been one of their better plays. end result 4th and 22 and a punting situation. great play calling.

Elizabethton will make the playoffs unless ewrin beats them. That is a big step with as bad as this team

is, they have a few athletes but not to many football players. The defensive coach needs to get a clue.

His 3 5 or 4 what ever it is could not stop some of the area pee-wee teams from running the football.

Someone said they play with heart, but from what I have seen that is what they lack heart. they are

better with Witten cause with Pless this bunch would not have won a game. The conference is not as strong as it has been the last several seasons. He does need to open the offense some more. From what some of the kids say he really plays favorites on the team, maybe he has brought that college attitude to betsy look for athletes and not players we see how that is working at Vol world. Then baby your athletes and forget about the rest. I hope he matures, he

can be a good coach. I think they let the best Witten coach go to volunteer and it ain't his uncle. A great motivator like his grand dad was back in the day.

On the EHS defense they have an Ex Happy Valley coach. Why do they hire all the ex HV guys? They have not been good in 10 years and they cannot coach and he left HV high and dry like 3 days before practice started. EHS needs some older coaches that have coached against good teams. Right now I think Witten does a good job but he needs good coaches helping him not just his buddies.

Great showing last night for the Vikings!!! What impresses me the most is that we are looking so much better than the beginning of the year. The last 3 or 4 weeks, we have seemed to improve dramatically each game. We look like a completely different team than we did in week 4. Hopefully this improvement will continue.

I hope the Betsy THS rivalry will continue. Both schools have great respect for each other, and this is my personal favorite rivalry spanning the last 40 years. Does anyone know if we will continue to play next year? I heard we will not, and I think that would be a HUGE travesty.

Does anyone know how #48 is, and if he'll be back? He has wrecked havoc in the backfield the last few weeks playing on the defensive line.

Great showing last night for the Vikings!!! What impresses me the most is that we are looking so much better than the beginning of the year. The last 3 or 4 weeks, we have seemed to improve dramatically each game. We look like a completely different team than we did in week 4. Hopefully this improvement will continue.

I hope the Betsy THS rivalry will continue. Both schools have great respect for each other, and this is my personal favorite rivalry spanning the last 40 years. Does anyone know if we will continue to play next year? I heard we will not, and I think that would be a HUGE travesty.

Does anyone know how #48 is, and if he'll be back? He has wrecked havoc in the backfield the last few weeks playing on the defensive line.

Coach Stubbs would prefer Tennessee High's non-district games to be with Virginia High, Elizabethton, and East. We'll have to wait and see if that's how it plays out.

The past two games for the Vikings have been fun to watch! Hope they keep it up! Although I am a little confused by the fact that they want to give the ball to any player 36 times in one game. What's up with that? Is there some goal set here that I haven't heard about? Alot of talent on the field for one player to get that many carries-receivers and other backs can contribute when called on. Hope to see it happen in the next few games!! Congratulations Vikings-proud of you all!

The past two games for the Vikings have been fun to watch! Hope they keep it up! Although I am a little confused by the fact that they want to give the ball to any player 36 times in one game. What's up with that? Is there some goal set here that I haven't heard about? Alot of talent on the field for one player to get that many carries-receivers and other backs can contribute when called on. Hope to see it happen in the next few games!! Congratulations Vikings-proud of you all!

36 carries is excessive, however, considering the Vikings ran the ball 62 times last night he only ran a little more than half of the carries and didn't run at all in the 4th quarter. King, Simmons, and Gammon ran in the 4th quarter. I would've liked to have seen King get more carries due to the type of game he had last week, but he still had a pretty good game last night.