LC vs Halls

lcfootball

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanging by a chad. (these are political times)

Well Ironman I've always lived by the idea it aint over till the Fat Lady sings. Maybe just maybe......it couldn't happen could it?

Help me understand how we could get in again. I'm not so sure.

West is 3-1 district. even if West loses out they would no worse than 3-4 they would win the tiebreaker with us.

Halls are 1-4 if we win out the best we could do is 3-4 and that would be no good becuase West has us head to head anyway. Remember we have played five district games like Maryville at the moment. So we seem to be out of luck no matter what else happens.

Really the more I think about it Central could get in over West because they are 2-2 at the moment and 1 game behind and a head to head meeting could see them get through if West losers out. But it really doesn't affect us that I can see. Somebody help me out. I still think we will be ahead of Central in the final standings. Clinton should beat West and Powell should beat Central this week. Clinton I feel is the #2 seed. West & powell will fight it out for #3 .

Someone in the know help me with this:

1.) If West loses to Clinton, Powell, and Central and

2.) Central loses to Powell and Clinton and

3.) Halls wins out -

Halls is in the playoffs?? Three way tie for fourth, head to head is even, Halls and Central have a better record than West (West eliminated), then back to head to head, Halls beat Central - Halls advances.

Check my math and see if it's right.

- Maybe a glimmer of hope??

West 3-4 senario one. overall 3-7

Central 3-4 senario two. overall 4-6

Halls 3-4 senario three. overall 4-6

The glimmer is still there Zcar. Not probable but a glimmer nevertheless.

but if west is 3-4 and we are 3-4 won't it go to a tiebreaker and they beat us so that means they get in right?

According to the TSSAA handbook, the total number of overall wins is the next tiebreaker, after head-to-head record. This would eliminate West, leaving Halls and Central. Since Halls defeated Central head-to-head, Halls would earn the #4 seed.

While we are waiting for the playoff senarios to wind down. I just received this on our other team thats not doing well this year.

Subject: You knew it was coming....

>>>

>>> Tennessee Speeding Law

>>>

>>> The Tennessee Highway Patrol is cracking down on speeders heading

>>> into

>>> Knoxville.

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>> For the first offense, they give you two University of Tennessee

>>> football

>>> tickets. If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

>>>

>>>

>>> Q. How do you keep a Tennessee Vol out of your yard?

>>> A. Put up goal post.

>>>

>>> Q. Where do you go in Knoxville in case of a tornado?

>>> A. To Neyland Stadium--they never get a touchdown there!

>>>

>>> Q. What do you call a Tennessee Vol with a SEC championship ring?

>>> A. A thief.

>>>

>>> Q. What's the difference between the Tennessee Vols and a dollar

>>> bill?

>>> A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

>>>

>>> Q. How many Tennessee Vols does it take to win an SEC >>> Championship?

>>> A. Nobody knows and we may never find out!

>>>

>>> Q. What do the UT VOLS and a possums have in common?

>>> A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

Hope the players (Halls) are up for a tough battle. I expect this one to go down to the wire. So far, Halls has lost any game that is close in the second half. Call it heart, lack of ability, lack of coaching, whatever. Truth is, close in the fourth quarter = loss for Halls. Let's hope that changes, because I expect this one to be close in the fourth quarter.

Hope the players (Halls) are up for a tough battle. I expect this one to go down to the wire. So far, Halls has lost any game that is close in the second half. Call it heart, lack of ability, lack of coaching, whatever. Truth is, close in the fourth quarter = loss for Halls. Let's hope that changes, because I expect this one to be close in the fourth quarter.

As an LC fan, I hope you're right Ironman. LC played really well last week vs. Clinton so I hope they can carry that over tomorrow night against Halls.

I have a sneaky feeling this could be a one of those rare games where the past of both teams is left at the gate and the game takes a life of its own! Both teams need a win in the worst way to right the ship, both feel the season hasn't gone right, both feel the disappointment and want to get rid of it. I really can't wait for kick off!