Dobyns-Bennett vs Karns

BatmanDB

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess us Dobyns-Bennett fans should be happy with a win tonight, especially after the beat down Farragut took.I would love to see us throw more on first and second downs,that would open up the running game so much.I thought we had another average day at the office,but it got the job done.I'm pretty sure this gets us into the playoffs,we just need to get a home game secured now.Roll Tribe

How many yards did Chris have? And does anyone know the stats?

Karns

First Downs 18

Rushing Att-Yards 35-196

Passes Comp-Att-Int 9-27-2

Passing Yards 124

Total Offense 320

Fumbles-Lost 1-0

Punts-Average 3-42.0

Dobyns-Bennett

First Downs 17

Rushing Att-Yards 37-193

Passes Comp-Att-Int 11-17-1

Passing Yards 174

Total Offense 367

Fumbles-Lost 3-1

Punts-Average 2-29.0

Individual Statistics:

Rushing

Karns -- Boden, 13-65, TD; Fields, 11-48; Weaver, 7-38; Aeschleman 3-33.

Dobyns-Bennett -- Sensabaugh, 24-117, TD; Crawford, 6-26, TD; Lawson, 5-25; Erwin, 1-22, TD; Team 0-3.

Passing

Karns -- Boden, 9-27-2, 124.

Dobyns-Bennett -- Crawford, 7-11-1, 174.

Receiving

Karns-- Aeschelman 1-43; Gore 2-33; Field 2-19; Weaver 2-14; Bartholomew 1-10; Ingram 1-5.

Dobyns-Bennett -- Adams 3-93; Templeton 1-32, TD; Doran 2-21; Steele, 2-16; Lawson 1-12; Sensabaugh 2-0.

Karns

First Downs 18

Rushing Att-Yards 35-196

Passes Comp-Att-Int 9-27-2

Passing Yards 124

Total Offense 320

Fumbles-Lost 1-0

Punts-Average 3-42.0

Dobyns-Bennett

First Downs 17

Rushing Att-Yards 37-193

Passes Comp-Att-Int 11-17-1

Passing Yards 174

Total Offense 367

Fumbles-Lost 3-1

Punts-Average 2-29.0

Individual Statistics:

Rushing

Karns -- Boden, 13-65, TD; Fields, 11-48; Weaver, 7-38; Aeschleman 3-33.

Dobyns-Bennett -- Sensabaugh, 24-117, TD; Crawford, 6-26, TD; Lawson, 5-25; Erwin, 1-22, TD; Team 0-3.

Passing

Karns -- Boden, 9-27-2, 124.

Dobyns-Bennett -- Crawford, 7-11-1, 174.

Receiving

Karns-- Aeschelman 1-43; Gore 2-33; Field 2-19; Weaver 2-14; Bartholomew 1-10; Ingram 1-5.

Dobyns-Bennett -- Adams 3-93; Templeton 1-32, TD; Doran 2-21; Steele, 2-16; Lawson 1-12; Sensabaugh 2-0.

That catch by James Templeton may have been the best of the season for Dobyns-Bennett.

The Defensive Backfield was much improved last night with one exception. #22 Kevin Kay played outstanding Defense. Kay broke up a couple of passes and one of them was a sure TD. I could not understand why he was splitting time with #1 Anderson. Kay is far and away the better player and it was proved last night. #3 Steele made an awesome play on the WR in the End Zone on the Beavers 1st drive. His play and the WR getting the Offensive Interference stopped a TD for sure. #40 Devon Sylvestor had an INT and was solid all game. And of course, #10 Jamie Crawford was solid at Safety (1 INT) when he was in (and he needed to be in). But maybe that will be the final game we need the QB to play safety. I heard that #2 Justin Sylvestor was running and making cuts this week and if things go well he will be in the game next week against Cambell County on Defense.

That will shore up the Defensive Backfield with #3 Steele, #22 Kay, #40 Sylvestor and #2 Sylvestor. When we have that line-up, that's going to be the best line-up we can put on the field. Just in time for the playoff run.

#52 Conley has his cast off and is wearing a Boot. I heard his ankle is still HUGE. We need him back by the playoffs.

Good game Indians

Roll Tribe Roll

Good job Indians.That win against a real-good Karns team was needed.I have to say that Karn's QB Boden did a great job.He has to be the best QB that the Tribe has faced this year.For a junior he did a tremdous job.Like Throp said on the radio,it's hard to believe that Karns has only one win.They attack you with so many plays and looks.Watson made some adjustments in the second half (as always) that proved to be the difference in the game IMO.Kay and Steele both stepped up bigtime in the backfield.Carter being back made a huge impact.Glad to see Templeton make a great catch and TD, that was a thing of beauty.The line did a good job of blocking and making holes.Lawson had a good nite and almost broke a long one.Chris had another good nite even though they were keying on him.We seem to be jelling more and could come together at the rite time. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I attended the Campbell Co. @ Science Hill game last night. Campbell Co. is a very run oriented offense, which suits our defensive set nicely. Now that our, Dobyns Bennett, secondary has really jelled, how are they on open field tackles against the run?

How good a running team are they? How is it compared to Karns running game.

How good a running team are they? How is it compared to Karns running game.

It's honestly hard to say, since the Cougars didn't seem to want to hold onto the football. They run the Wing-T, the Triple Option, and some Power I. Their quarter back, Phillip Wells, runs well but won't out run anybody. Their wing back/tail back, Tyler Albright, is a hard runner, but does not have blazing speed. They have alot of talent, but Science Hill held down the big play.

I like the matchup between our defense and their offense. We have a solid defensive line and linebacking corp, and speed in the secondary. Plus we have the catfish Coach Watson. Tribe wins.

So who said I was a guy anyway, what a sexist comment! Unless you're Mr. Chandler you don't have the inside track on who got in what kind of trouble at Karns - I just didn't think it was beneficial to discuss the details in an open forum. Discipline varies from situation to situation. Given the fact that Karns was 0-4 or 0-5 at the time I thought it was admirable that Coach R held him out that long. Besides, look at Jerry Jones in Dallas; Pacman does another dastardly deed and Jones just looks the other way. I noticed that you've been posting on the Freshmen threads and promoting Coach Morris heavily. Maybe he'll give you an assistant coach position or a new car from one of his lots when he gets his big break? Or maybe you are Coach Morris? /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Watch out for the Beavers tonight. The sun's out here in Knoxville and the passing lanes are opening up. If Sean and the boys can contain Sensabaugh in the 1st half and put up a few scores we might just have us a ball game! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> By the way, I always like to meet another one of the world class trash talkers of CoachT. Will you be at the game tonight? Wear your jammin' hat and I'll come by and say hello. Karns 21 - DB ??? (20 to 200)

I notice you really use CAPS a lot. Most Karns folks I know (including chicks) usually just git a dip of Skoal and chill when we get too uptight. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No I am not Coach Morris, I promote the freshman at Karns because my son played with a number of those guys under coach Morris, I also promote Coach Morris because he is a pretty good guy once you get to know him, and its pretty hard to find people that want to give the amount of time it takes to coach at any level especially at the HS level so I would promote anyone I know that wants to make those sacrfices I really was not trying to disrespect Sean or any other player at Karns just stating facts. My oldest son attended Karns and did not play football, so my take on things come from attending Karns and also spending alot of time with freinds that have son's that play today. as far as the Karns team and their year they have had it seems that they are playing much better but, still need to find those key players to get them over the top.

No I am not Coach Morris, I promote the freshman at Karns because my son played with a number of those guys under coach Morris, I also promote Coach Morris because he is a pretty good guy once you get to know him, and its pretty hard to find people that want to give the amount of time it takes to coach at any level especially at the HS level so I would promote anyone I know that wants to make those sacrfices I really was not trying to disrespect Sean or any other player at Karns just stating facts. My oldest son attended Karns and did not play football, so my take on things come from attending Karns and also spending alot of time with freinds that have son's that play today. as far as the Karns team and their year they have had it seems that they are playing much better but, still need to find those key players to get them over the top.

The Beavers do seem to be playing with a more competitive attitude this year. If the defense had played the 1st 6 games they way they're playing now the record would definitely be different. And who knows what might have happened Friday night if Karns hadn't gotten that very questionable offensive pass interference call at the DB 2 yard line on their opening drive? But amazingly they still have a couple possible ways to get in the playoffs if they can beat Science Hill and Campbell County. I agree that Coach Morris cares a lot about the kids and he seems to have a strong freshman group with future potential. Hopefully they can rebound from back to back losses and take care of business in their final game tomorrow. A key to the Coach Morris/Karns dynamic will probably be where he decides to send his son to high school next year. If it's not already been made public I suppose it will become known once the season is over. These Karns kids work as hard as any group around and their self esteem (and that of the community) could really use a shot in the arm so I hope the program can turn the corner. Do you go to the varsity games?

The Beavers do seem to be playing with a more competitive attitude this year. If the defense had played the 1st 6 games they way they're playing now the record would definitely be different. And who knows what might have happened Friday night if Karns hadn't gotten that very questionable offensive pass interference call at the DB 2 yard line on their opening drive? But amazingly they still have a couple possible ways to get in the playoffs if they can beat Science Hill and Campbell County. I agree that Coach Morris cares a lot about the kids and he seems to have a strong freshman group with future potential. Hopefully they can rebound from back to back losses and take care of business in their final game tomorrow. A key to the Coach Morris/Karns dynamic will probably be where he decides to send his son to high school next year. If it's not already been made public I suppose it will become known once the season is over. These Karns kids work as hard as any group around and their self esteem (and that of the community) could really use a shot in the arm so I hope the program can turn the corner. Do you go to the varsity games?

If you play the way you did friday,Karns will be a very hard team to beat.