Sullivan North 6-1 (3-1) at Sullivan South 7-0 (4-0)

kingsportfan

Sounds like North had a problem with their egos and South quickly shut them up. Its not a coach's job to stop his offense if he doesn't want to. Its the defense's job to stop them. All this cheesy sportsmanship talk is stupid, your coach did not shake hands. Gotta humble yourselves sometimes. North acted like fools before the game and paid for it.

That has to be the most juvenile post on this thread! It's starting to sound like these lean times that South has enjoyed these last 4 years has made MANY of your fans loose touch with reality. If you could remember just five short years back...you guys were booty and were praying people wouldn't embarrassed you by running the score up. Those very same days could be next year!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That has to be the most juvenile post on this thread! It's starting to sound like these lean times that South has enjoyed these last 4 years has made MANY of your fans loose touch with reality. If you could remember just five short years back...you guys were booty and were praying people wouldn't embarrassed you by running the score up. Those very same days could be next year!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Oh come on, don't be silly. I am not even a South fan, I played at Central, I got my fair share of butt whippings. I remember last year playing you guys when you all took a knee on our five when you could've made the game 35-0. However, you didn't, that was cool. We had a hard fought game and despite the score I hope we earned your respect, North was being ridiculous, and it riled up South. Hearing from people the kind of stuff the players were saying and the blatant disrespecting during a captain's meeting, and South had every right to be a little ticked off. Say what you will, but I feel there is no excuse to not shake hands after a game.

cap what you say about next year ( which i highly Doubt) but maybe true, but just remember that your Vikings will be in the same conference and play the same oppennets that south will and if south has been a better team then Tn. High the past 4 years then what your saying about next year is true then it sounds to me that you all will be riding on the same boat with us /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Oh come on, don't be silly. I am not even a South fan, I played at Central, I got my fair share of butt whippings. I remember last year playing you guys when you all took a knee on our five when you could've made the game 35-0. However, you didn't, that was cool. We had a hard fought game and despite the score I hope we earned your respect, North was being ridiculous, and it riled up South. Hearing from people the kind of stuff the players were saying and the blatant disrespecting during a captain's meeting, and South had every right to be a little ticked off. Say what you will, but I feel there is no excuse to not shake hands after a game.

Being accused of not shaking hands is much better than going to jail. I don't know Coach Norris...but that would have been in the back of my mind. And the (disrespectful) things that you say accrued on the part of North players and (I suppose) fans are things that are all out of the control of the head coach. When to pull your studs out of the game is solely the head coaches decision.

You know Mutt...I personally was going to let it go, but since you brought me into the convo...let me tell you what's on my mind. Their is NO legitimate excuse for playing your starters in the fourth quarter when you are up 42-0!!! Especially when the other team waves the white flag by putting their reserves in. Unless there is something going on that's not visible to the eye...there is no reason that this couldn't be considered (by most) as a classless move on the part of Coach Stacy Carter...and in my book he has lost ALL his cool points!!!!! When you do things like that you can expect it to come back on you...believe that!!! And you have the wrong one if you think that I care what you or anybody else thinks about me or what I say. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

AMEN!!!! I agree 100% and I being a SOUTH fan want to apologize...to all Norths players and fans...for what happened was uncalled for and very embarassing. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

cap what you say about next year ( which i highly Doubt) but maybe true, but just remember that your Vikings will be in the same conference and play the same oppennets that south will and if south has been a better team then Tn. High the past 4 years then what your saying about next year is true then it sounds to me that you all will be riding on the same boat with us /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

These last three years have been good times for South...but if you just look over your shoulder each and every year, the Vikings have ALWAYS been right there behind you...all THREE of your glory years and again this year! Can you guy say the same about the Rebels prior to 05'???? If we're not first we are second and I personally can't think of ever being lower than third...EVER!! Maybe somebody can help me out with that one. But I can assure you that that's not the case for South. As good as it has been the last four years in South...you can't possibly put yourselves on the level of THS and DB when it comes to a winning legacy. And after this past weekend I have to say that It shows. Real champions know how to win graciously. Real Champions know that how you treat your opponents has a direct reflection of your program and coaching staff to others. Like it or not the ones on here that know KNOW! There have been several times this year when Coach Stubbs could have slid in another score to make the game look more favorable for the Vikings (Virginia High, East, Unicoi)...but he has more class than that...more class than me...because in a couple of cases I was actually upset that he didn't drop the hammer. I knew that the scores would make us look softer to the competition and they would also work against us in the poles. But non of that matter to Coach Subbs as much as respecting his opponent regardless of any of the hype that went on before or during the game. You say North talked allot of trash before and during the game...who doesn't!!! You say #2 disrespected the captains at mid field...make him pay for it (legally) during the game. It is CHILDISH to use either of these as an excuse to blatantly taunt a weaker opponent.

You guys should have let me stay on the sidelines on this one. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

AMEN!!!! I agree 100% and I being a SOUTH fan want to apologize...to all Norths players and fans...for what happened was uncalled for and very embarassing. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

NOW THAT"S CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

. how you treat your opponents has a direct reflection of your program and coaching staff to others.!

That's right and it showed how coach Norris has control of his team You don't come on any field and show disrespect to any opponet. If the south boys could hear it during warm-up on the field one would think the coach should have heard it also. Therefore, should have done something right then and there. There wasn't. Strike one, Strike two came when # 5 showed himself and disrespected south's captains and his own team captians by turning around and walking away mummbling while the rest of his team where shaking hands. #5 is a team captain and represents his team by the way his acts. It only take one to make the rest look bad. It also,looks like the apple did not fall to far from the tree by the way c.Norris acted after the game, He showed no restraint what so ever when he did not go to the field and acknowledge the coach and the players. Sooooo........prior to the last incident Coach Carter gave north a little paddleing and made North think twice about there disrepectful behavior,obiviously there coach did not or would not control his team. I know if it were reverse Coach Carter would have disiplined them right then and there and almost for sure they would not be playing that game and then paid severely at the next practice. Coach Carter demands respect and also gives it. But if you show disrespect to him and his team and the coach does nothing , appearing to condoling it then you will pay the same way you gave it. Right in front of everyone just as it was done right in front of us. I guess you're not a fan of padding when no respect is given.

This is the only game I can ever remember Stacy running up the score. He did. It's over. Like Cap said, it probably will come back to haunt him. So what? He'll deal with it. I think the main thing is, we need to get these boys into playoff shape. That means 4 quarters of football. If someone gets mad, let them get better then we'll talk about it. Play hard for 4 quarters from here on out and if you score 1, fine, if you score 100, even better! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

These last three years have been good times for South...but if you just look over your shoulder each and every year, the Vikings have ALWAYS been right there behind you...all THREE of your glory years and again this year! Can you guy say the same about the Rebels prior to 05'???? If we're not first we are second and I personally can't think of ever being lower than third...EVER!! Maybe somebody can help me out with that one. But I can assure you that that's not the case for South. As good as it has been the last four years in South...you can't possibly put yourselves on the level of THS and DB when it comes to a winning legacy. And after this past weekend I have to say that It shows. Real champions know how to win graciously. Real Champions know that how you treat your opponents has a direct reflection of your program and coaching staff to others. Like it or not the ones on here that know KNOW! There have been several times this year when Coach Stubbs could have slid in another score to make the game look more favorable for the Vikings (Virginia High, East, Unicoi)...but he has more class than that...more class than me...because in a couple of cases I was actually upset that he didn't drop the hammer. I knew that the scores would make us look softer to the competition and they would also work against us in the poles. But non of that matter to Coach Subbs as much as respecting his opponent regardless of any of the hip that went on before or during the game. You say North talked allot of trash before and during the game...who doesn't!!! You say #2 disrespected the captains at mid field...make him pay for it (legally) during the game. It is CHILDISH to use either of these as an excuse to blatantly taunt a weaker opponent.

You guys should have let me stay on the sidelines on this one. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I will help you out. Do you think that these past 4 years are the only years that South has played football? Your hand must be tired from reaching back and patting yourself on the back while writing your post propping up the Vikings. I guarantee you South has held their own against THS since the inception of South in 1980. I applaude the 2 state championships in the 70's, however we cannot compete with what THS accomplished prior to 1980. The 80's and early 90's were very good for South, something I guess you choose to dismiss. Granted we had some lean years in the nineties, however even with those lean years of the 90's South has still played in more playoff games than THS counting from 1980 and forward. We have played in 2 qtr final games and 2 semi final games, THS since 1980 has played in 1 each. So yea I think we have more than held our own against THS and as far as DB goes, do not even try to compare THS to DB. Also do you honestly think that THS, DB or for that matter any team has never been accused of "RUTS"? If you all want to crucify Stacy Carter for not pulling his starters for the last series of ONE game then do so, however he has shown ALL SEASON that he has and will pull them after the lead gets out of control. Also you show me a team where a coach doesn't have a handle on his players antics and I will show you a team that is out of control or gets there mouth busted or gets the score ran up on them. There is a huge difference in being fired up and talking trash on the line of scrimmage or after a big hit than to do what was done Friday. Stacy Carter and his staff has instilled pride back at South High and the community and I am proud he is our head coach.

That's my man. See my prior post please, sir.

Not to take away anything from this thread, but the recent series of posts regarding DB-South need to recognize the new reality of the TSSAA reclassification

South is the top AAA - D2 program in the area.

DB is the the top AAA - D1 program in the area.

South's regular season schedule got much tougher and their series of conference titles will end.

DB's ongoing (only occasionally interrupted by a freak event) series of conference titles will continue.

South's playoff road got easier.

DB's playoff road got harder.

I will help you out. Do you think that these past 4 years are the only years that South has played football? Your hand must be tired from reaching back and patting yourself on the back while writing your post propping up the Vikings. I guarantee you South has held their own against THS since the inception of South in 1980. I applaude the 2 state championships in the 70's, however we cannot compete with what THS accomplished prior to 1980. The 80's and early 90's were very good for South, something I guess you choose to dismiss. Granted we had some lean years in the nineties, however even with those lean years of the 90's South has still played in more playoff games than THS counting from 1980 and forward. We have played in 2 qtr final games and 2 semi final games, THS since 1980 has played in 1 each. So yea I think we have more than held our own against THS and as far as DB goes, do not even try to compare THS to DB. Also do you honestly think that THS, DB or for that matter any team has never been accused of "RUTS"? If you all want to crucify Stacy Carter for not pulling his starters for the last series of ONE game then do so, however he has shown ALL SEASON that he has and will pull them after the lead gets out of control. Also you show me a team where a coach doesn't have a handle on his players antics and I will show you a team that is out of control or gets there mouth busted or gets the score ran up on them. There is a huge difference in being fired up and talking trash on the line of scrimmage or after a big hit than to do what was done Friday. Stacy Carter and his staff has instilled pride back at South High and the community and I am proud he is our head coach.

You rock!! Appears you know Stacy well too.