DeKalb Co. vs. White House

TigerPride23

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt. I don't usually make predictions but I think this will be a close game.

WH 24

DeKalb 21

I normally agree with you Cat but this time I will have to differ with you. I dont see Dekalb putting up 21 on our defense unless we have over 40pts and Porter is getting the younger kids some playing time. I see this one being a blow out. WH 45 Dekalb 13. Is the rumor true Cat? Did the pond dry up on the fish? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I normally agree with you Cat but this time I will have to differ with you. I dont see Dekalb putting up 21 on our defense unless we have over 40pts and Porter is getting the younger kids some playing time. I see this one being a blow out. WH 45 Dekalb 13. Is the rumor true Cat? Did the pond dry up on the fish? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yeah well if that's what you think then you're in for quite an awakening tonight.

Also, for the rest of you that are referring to our team last year to help determine your decision, like some previous posts I have read. Then you, also, are in for a big surprise. I'm not sayin all of you, but just a few I've seen.

Yep, I hear the RIGHT hook finally caught that fish. As far as the prediction, I'm only going off what I've seen from DeKalb this year, and what I read and hear about White House this year. If you go tonight, I think you'll see what I mean about Poteete. The Tigers spread out and wait for a bomb. In MY opinion, it will be closer than you think barring there are injuries that slant the game.

Whitehouse Leads the Tigers 49-28 in 4th Period

Taken from our local radio station WJLE.com where you can also listen live to the TIGERS play on Friday night.

The Whitehouse Blue Devils are leading the DeKalb County Tigers 49-28 in Smithville.

The Tigers took the opening kick off but the drive stalled at the Whitehouse 34 yard line.

After a Tiger punt, Whitehouse started their first offensive series on the Blue Devil 5 yard line and went 95 yards for a score. They capped the drive on a 42 yard touchdown pass play from quarterback Trox Greenwade to Chad Neal. Matthew Gossett converted on the P.A.T. and Whitehouse led 7-0 with 6:44 left in the first quarter.

The score at the end of the first quarter was 7-0, Whitehouse.

DeKalb County got on the scoreboard with 9:27 left in the second period on a 19 yard touchdown pass play from quarterback Hunter Poteete to Abram Edwards. Zach Taylor converted on the P.A.T. to tie the game at 7-7. The Tigers began the drive at their own 32 yard line and moved 68 yards for the score.

The Blue Devils broke the tie with 3:29 left in the second period on a 39 yard touchdown pass play from quarterback Greenwade to DeMarrius Payne. Gossett converted on the P.A.T. and Whitehouse led 14-7.

The Tigers mounted another scoring drive to tie the game again with 1:29 left in the second period as quarterback Poteete threw a strike to Travon Johnson that covered 16 yards for a touchdown. Taylor converted on the P.A.T. to make the score 14-14.

After the ensuing kick off, Whitehouse started the next drive on their own 38 yard line, but on the first play, Hunter Poteete picked off a Greenwade pass and returned it 40 yards to the endzone for a Tiger touchdown. Taylor converted on the P.A.T. and DeKalb County took their first lead of the game at 21-14.

But the lead was short lived as Whitehouse got the ball back and moved quickly down field to tie the game again, on a 21 yard touchdown pass play from Greenwade to Matt Parker. Gossett converted on the P.A.T. and with 19 seconds left in the second quarter, Whitehouse and DeKalb County were tied at 21-21.

The halftime score was 21-21.

The Blue Devils took the kick to start the third period and marched 53 yards in four plays to grab the lead. DeMarrius Payne capped the drive on an 11 yard touchdown run. Gossett converted on the P.A.T. and Whitehouse led 28-21 with 10:12 left in the third period.

The Tigers answered on their first offensive series of the third period. Facing a fourth down and six from the Whitehouse 16 yard line, quarterback Poteete found Hunter Stewart on a 10 yard pass play for a first and goal from the Whitehouse 6 yard line. On the next play Poteete scored on a 6 yard quarterback keeper. Taylor converted on the P.A.T. and the game was tied at 28-28 with 7:23 left in the third period.

Just over a minute later in the game, Whitehouse took the lead again as quarterback Greenwade hooked up with Matt Parker on a 60 yard pass play for the touchdown. Gossett converted on the P.A.T. and the Blue Devils led 35-28 with 6:17 left in the third period.

The score at the end of the third quarter was Whitehouse 35, DeKalb County 28.

Whitehouse stretched their lead early in the fourth quarter as DeMarrius Payne raced 55 yards for a touchdown with 10:56 left in the game. Gossett converted on the P.A.T. and the Blue Devils led 42 to 28.

The Blue Devils took a three touchdown lead with 3:04 left in the game on a 60 yard touchdown pass play from quarterback Greenwade to Matt Parker. Gossett converted on the P.A.T. and Whitehouse led 49 to 28

See what I mean? Sounds like you guys played a hard fought game with a great DeKalb team. It's a shame there has to be a loser in games like those.

I heard there was a FISH fry tonight for a tailgate party at Greenbrier. Very ironic. Greenbrier scored 14 within the first five minutes against PC. Ended the game with some frosh playing. Final here 32 - 6.

Congrats to the Blue Devils and good luck to DeKalb...Region 4 is going to be hard to stop this year.

Trox 15-of-19 for 395 yards and five touchdowns. New school records.

Matt Parker 5 rec for 197 and three touchdowns. Plus 10 tackles and a sack.

Total Offense: White House 502 DeKalb 419

Hunter Poteete 20-of-34 for 276, three TD passing, one rushing plus a 47-yard INT return for a touchdown.

45-30 WHITE HOUSE.

CLOSE AGAIN. IM GONNA HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD ONE OF THESE WEEKS. I THINK I WOULD'VE BEEN CLOSER ON ALCOA IF IT WOULD'VE BEEN A DRY FIELD. GOOD TO SEE TROX BREAK OUT. HE WAS DUE FOR A GAME LIKE THIS. HE HAS TOO MUCH TALENT AND ATHLETIC ABILITY TO HOLD HIM BACK. AND IN THE PLAYOFFS THEY WILL HAVE TO BE (2) DIMENSIONAL. ALSO IM NOT SURPRISED "THE PLAYMAKER" PARKER HAD A BIG GAME. BIG TIME PLAYERS MAKE BIG TIME PLAYS. I HOPE HE SAVED SOME OF THAT FOR NEXT WEEKS SHOWDOWN WITH STATION CAMP. HAVENT SEEN THE STATS YET BUT I HEARD PARKER SCORED 3 AND TROX THREW FOR 5.IM NOT SURPRISED AT ALL. WHITE HOUSE HAS WON 6 STRAIGHT. 7-1 ON THE YEAR . CANT WAIT TILL NEXT FRIDAY. (2) YEARS AGO SC SHUT OUT WH IN FREZZING WEATHER AND LAST YEAR SC WON IN A CLOSE ONE. IM SURE WHITE HOUSE DOESNT NEED TO BE REMINDED ABOUT THOSE 2 GAMES.